Forum Settings
Forums

What was your method of finding new anime when you first got into anime/didn't know of that many anime you'd want to see?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 13, 2023 7:03 AM
Jan 2022
My first anime I fully watched was none other thab Food Wars!, then later on I would watch a lot of harem and ecchi animes from the yt title, " Anime girls being jealous" something I forgot and specifically with YT Channel named "KHORnime"
Mar 13, 2023 7:08 AM

Dec 2020
I watched anime that youtubers recommended.

Mar 13, 2023 7:11 AM
Apr 2020
Watching anime moment compilations on YT, it got to the point where I had 700+ PTW anime
Mar 13, 2023 8:49 AM

May 2021
Mostly random recommendations from people that I knew back then, and a lot of those recs are absolutely hated by me even to this day lol and sometimes it was just the result of experimentation and not being picky enough. If there is something with an extremely low score on my list, it's almost guaranteed that it's one of those hated things from the past. They definitely brought the most "ruin" to my MAL mean score.
Mar 13, 2023 8:53 AM

Feb 2021
I saw different reviews and read about them.
Mar 13, 2023 9:34 AM

Aug 2021
i only got into anime recently and i used youtube to find recomendations
first i discovered trash taste and used the podcast to get recommends but i quickly noticed that we have vastly differing tastes so then i just turned to google and searched stuff like "horror anime" or something, then i just looked through crunchyroll libarary judging stuff by the cover u know; finally i gave a chance to myanimelist search functions and ughhh here i am
Mar 13, 2023 9:43 AM

Oct 2011
Since I started watching anime in the late 90s/early 2000s, what I watched was pretty much what came on regular cable TV or sometimes a VHS and eventually CDs I'd borrow from friends of stuff they burned/recorded on them and recommended. Although I did find some early days pirated sites in the early 2000s as well and watch some stuff on them. Sometimes we had to download stuff via torrents.
Mar 13, 2023 9:48 AM
May 2021
I'd go to the mall's video store or comic shop and buy whatever seemed interesting, but that was when OVA's like Devil Hunter Yohko Hunter and New Cutey Honey were out and that was back in the 90's.
Nowadays, Youtube (Watchmojo), MAL or if anyone gives praise to an anime I haven't seen, I'll check it out if time permits.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

42 by DigiCat »»
9 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - Yesterday

29 by EcchiGodMamster »»
26 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

6 by Daviljoe193 »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think that hype is a bad thing? ( 1 2 )

fluffycow17 - Apr 20, 2022

50 by velvetnyan »»
38 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 8 hours ago

16 by FanofAction »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.