Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2023 8:07 PM
Oct 2019
Biyao was missing  last episode. We find out it's because she's spying on the mc making sure he's OK

And he's clearly not ok. He's about to go berserk. But she pulls him away and tries to save him

But it leads to a great battle between the demon stream and the truth stream, again. And the truth stream is going to kill mc in order to stop him. The truth stream leader uses that sword again, but biyao sacrifices her life to save mc

All I have to say is holy shit. I was literally somewhat bored with the big fight and disjointed in the final episode. I was wondering,  "what's the point of all this? Idk what direction this show is heading for next season."  And all my questions were basically answered.

I just wasn't expecting that, her death. I liked her. Thought she was a pretty decent character and was hoping to get to see her develop even more next season. Alas, she's dead-ish, and presumably next season will see the mc trying to find a way to save her

6/10 for the season. Interesting at times. Kind of average at others. 
Jan 18, 2023 10:14 PM

Oct 2012
This is the underrated anime of the season to me. The plot is similar to other xianxia, but the devil is in the subtext, the way the characters look at each other along with properly directed music and camera angles often tell a story that connect on a deeper level than explicit action. Several of the side characters were standouts here -- not the main character. But that's because those other characters serve as a catalyst to push Xiao Fan to grow up, so to speak.

Jade Dynasty is sort of like Immortality a couple seasons ago. That show was also about a naive protagonist that took the "death" of a female co-lead to finally figure out what he needed to be to survive.

These shows are unlike the bread and butter of these types of shows. The protagonists are conflicted, psychologically nuanced, unlike the typical arrogant-because-they-can types from lesser shows. It reminds me of the classics, like the Condor Heroes trilogy, which also has overly naive protagonists (that are borderline grating) but eventually learn their place in the world.

I expect that in the next season the protagonist will carve out a space for himself outside of the sect, where he could eventually answer the question that he's been wrestling with the whole time (i.e. what's considered honorable and just, and what's considered evil?), and he could then confront both the demon and righteous sects respectably. And of course now that we understand who the foil is, Xiao Fan will have to make his moves on the real love interest, the senpai in his sect.

I give it a 7.5/10.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Jan 19, 2023 12:14 PM
Oct 2019
katsucats said:
This is the underrated anime of the season to me. The plot is similar to other xianxia, but the devil is in the subtext, the way the characters look at each other along with properly directed music and camera angles often tell a story that connect on a deeper level than explicit action. Several of the side characters were standouts here -- not the main character. But that's because those other characters serve as a catalyst to push Xiao Fan to grow up, so to speak.

Jade Dynasty is sort of like Immortality a couple seasons ago. That show was also about a naive protagonist that took the "death" of a female co-lead to finally figure out what he needed to be to survive.

These shows are unlike the bread and butter of these types of shows. The protagonists are conflicted, psychologically nuanced, unlike the typical arrogant-because-they-can types from lesser shows. It reminds me of the classics, like the Condor Heroes trilogy, which also has overly naive protagonists (that are borderline grating) but eventually learn their place in the world.

I expect that in the next season the protagonist will carve out a space for himself outside of the sect, where he could eventually answer the question that he's been wrestling with the whole time (i.e. what's considered honorable and just, and what's considered evil?), and he could then confront both the demon and righteous sects respectably. And of course now that we understand who the foil is, Xiao Fan will have to make his moves on the real love interest, the senpai in his sect.

I give it a 7.5/10.
what is "immortality"?
Jan 20, 2023 7:55 AM
Dec 2012
Achei o enredo meio fraco com tanto drama, mas possa ser útil para a continuação do personagem
Jan 22, 2023 2:03 PM

Jan 2010
I just finished this show and i'm surprised at how much I liked it by the lest few episodes. it started average. I usually just drop a slow-starting show but I kinda felt that's got potential just from how the characters are interacting and how they are presented. it's an approach I haven't seen much in donghua (I don't watch many of those tbh). In any case, I REALLY hope they make a second season of this. 
7/10 
Jan 24, 2023 11:00 AM
Oct 2019
R-Gee said:
I just finished this show and i'm surprised at how much I liked it by the lest few episodes. it started average. I usually just drop a slow-starting show but I kinda felt that's got potential just from how the characters are interacting and how they are presented. it's an approach I haven't seen much in donghua (I don't watch many of those tbh). In any case, I REALLY hope they make a second season of this. 
7/10 
there are quite a few quality donghua similar to this one (adventure/fantasy/cultivation, etc). and i've seen a couple non-cultivation, non-cgi donghua that are pretty good as well
Jan 25, 2023 12:46 PM

Jan 2010
HagePotPotato said:
R-Gee said:
7/10 
there are quite a few quality donghua similar to this one (adventure/fantasy/cultivation, etc). and i've seen a couple non-cultivation, non-cgi donghua that are pretty good as well

I watch donghua specifically for the CGI because I want something different once in a while. although I really like The King's Avatar and Quanzhi Fashi. from the cgi-based, i'm currently watching are the well-known ones: BTTH, Soul Land, Swallowed Star but I'm starting to expand and try different new ones which brought me to Jade Dynasty. I'm glad I didn't drop it early on. 
Jan 26, 2023 7:26 PM
Oct 2019
R-Gee said:
HagePotPotato said:

I watch donghua specifically for the CGI because I want something different once in a while. although I really like The King's Avatar and Quanzhi Fashi. from the cgi-based, i'm currently watching are the well-known ones: BTTH, Soul Land, Swallowed Star but I'm starting to expand and try different new ones which brought me to Jade Dynasty. I'm glad I didn't drop it early on. 
cool cool. i've watched those as well. i would think there's a lot more out there you'll probably like, but i don't want to just name drop a bunch of unsolicited suggestions on you
Jan 27, 2023 9:06 AM

Jan 2010
HagePotPotato said:
cool cool. i've watched those as well. i would think there's a lot more out there you'll probably like, but i don't want to just name drop a bunch of unsolicited suggestions on you

be my guest! fire away! 
if this isn't the place for it, you can drop a few titles on my profile page or PM me if it's not much trouble. thanks in advance. 
Jan 29, 2023 8:55 PM
Oct 2019
R-Gee said:
HagePotPotato said:

be my guest! fire away! 
if this isn't the place for it, you can drop a few titles on my profile page or PM me if it's not much trouble. thanks in advance. 
DM, because it's a longer list than I realized
Feb 1, 2023 9:19 PM
Jan 2023
Was a solid Ending felt complete yet leaving lots of room for a sequel.

Art style was great.

Music was Goof except for a few scenes feeling a bit to over powered or just not needing the music.

Good work on the combat & ulti moves , and the characters don't appear to rough with good connection. Personalities come of as pretty realistic a

I felt the story was a little rushed at the end , but still was good cliff hanger
Eager for the next arc.
Mar 11, 2023 12:14 AM

May 2018
Bi Yao :(

gone too soon.

Mar 31, 2023 2:04 PM
Feb 2022
Hope to see more of the red cutie in the post-credit scene.
陆雪琪 is prettiest girl, but 碧瑶 is best girl for 张小凡.
Awesome show!
Will wait for Season 2 to see 张小凡 fight for the dark side.
Two Seasons should complete this story.
Apr 4, 2023 2:31 AM

May 2010
Feels like some parts were rushed throughout the show. Some parts were not explained. I'd be surprise if we get a season 2.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 4, 2023 5:12 AM
Apr 2023
HagePotPotato said:
R-Gee said:

be my guest! fire away! 

could you send me some suggestions too? ones that are similar to douluo dalu, yao shen ji, BTTH, stellar transformation, etc. they all have an op mc in common..
Apr 4, 2023 3:25 PM
Oct 2019
Avolition_ said:
HagePotPotato said:

could you send me some suggestions too? ones that are similar to douluo dalu, yao shen ji, BTTH, stellar transformation, etc. they all have an op mc in common..

I'll send you the same list
Oct 24, 2023 12:21 PM

May 2016
good ending, would of like to see more cultivation process. Look forward to Season 2 if there is one.
Jan 17, 2:49 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to HagePotPotato
Biyao was missing  last episode. We find out it's because she's spying on the mc making sure he's OK

And he's clearly not ok. He's about to go berserk. But she pulls him away and tries to save him

But it leads to a great battle between the demon stream and the truth stream, again. And the truth stream is going to kill mc in order to stop him. The truth stream leader uses that sword again, but biyao sacrifices her life to save mc

All I have to say is holy shit. I was literally somewhat bored with the big fight and disjointed in the final episode. I was wondering,  "what's the point of all this? Idk what direction this show is heading for next season."  And all my questions were basically answered.

I just wasn't expecting that, her death. I liked her. Thought she was a pretty decent character and was hoping to get to see her develop even more next season. Alas, she's dead-ish, and presumably next season will see the mc trying to find a way to save her

6/10 for the season. Interesting at times. Kind of average at others. 
@HagePotPotato did you watch #26 right to the end? After 10 years, he's probably still in search for the Dark Witch Tribe in the desert to revive his beloved...
Jan 17, 4:48 PM
Oct 2022
sorry to use this forum, but anyone knows if Zhu Xian Season 2 is already available to be released?

Any idea what new Donghua is taking over the completed Zhu Xian timeslot?

Also, any recommendation on latest but good Donghua similar to Zhu Xian?
Jan 22, 12:17 PM
Oct 2022
Though it's the usual trope of injustice created by "righteous" leaders and in the process the so-called righteous sects killed truly good people accused of becoming demonic!!!

It's my umpteen times rewatching Zhu Xian, especially 26 without missing any scene. Hopefully, if there's season 2, we'll get to see MC reunited with his beloved while taking revenge on all those upfront righteous leaders but deep down demonic themselves
Mar 20, 8:03 PM
Mar 2019
Better than what i first though, glad i came back.
Mar 27, 8:23 PM
Jul 2023
Just finished S1, absolutely loved it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zhu Xian Episode 16 Discussion

ArkanoiD5786 - Nov 1, 2022

5 by shura_alice »»
Mar 29, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Zhu Xian Episode 25 Discussion

ArkanoiD5786 - Jan 10, 2023

8 by AnastasiaWun »»
Jan 17, 4:36 PM

» Great Animation with lamest main character

lotus_eater - Jan 14

0 by lotus_eater »»
Jan 14, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Zhu Xian Episode 14 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Oct 22, 2022

3 by lotus_eater »»
Jan 13, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Zhu Xian Episode 1 Discussion

bushman66 - Aug 2, 2022

6 by bushman66 »»
Jan 12, 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.