Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you like Bocchi the Rock?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2023 5:16 AM
Aug 2020
Literally the greatest anime of all time. Heck , the greatest story and work of art too. Its peak peak and everyone that disagrees knows nothing.
Feb 6, 2023 5:47 AM

Oct 2021
I like it, but I don't love it.
Feb 6, 2023 7:41 PM
Jul 2021
Followkata said:
It's a good anime.  It's definitely decent a 7/10 but it's overrated. Not sure how people rate masterpieces. 
If a definition of a masterpiece is being just as good production wise as the above average anime in every way then yes, you could call it a masterpiece.
In my book a 10 score or a masterpiece would be something that stands the test of time.  People talk about it in 10 years still saying how it's the best.  The emotions and memories from watching it is engraved into you. It forever having a special place in your heart is what I would consider a masterpiece.  Sorry this falls short for me in all instances. It has good production value, good jokes, and average characters as there is no depth or strong character progression. I understand that that's what it's supposed to be and having being created from a 4 panel manga or what you would call a comic strip in North America they did the best they could.  However that's why it also falls short. I can relate to characters on the surface level but not deeply as I don't know anything deep about them.
In the SOL/Music category I wouldn't be able to call it the best or a masterpiece either.  Don't get me wrong I liked it.  I also liked K-On both are just 7/10 for me. What I find funny is the fact that K-On is brought up at all, yes there are comparisons however that actually for me defines how it stood the test of time.  It's more than a decade old and people still hold it dear so it obviously had a very lasting impression for some people this is something that can't be denied and has yet to be seen with Bocchi.

For me categorically I would rate Nodame Cantabile, Sound Euphonium, Your Lie In April, Nana, and Beck higher. They all leave lasting impressions, emotionally, visually, and personally.  Everyone has there own opinion and if people absolutely loved either Bocchi or K-On I have nothing against it.  There's way too much hating and shunning in these forums as I see it.  It's a waste of time trying to change opinions of people you don't know to your preference on the internet of all places(LOL) if you can achieve this then you're a masterpiece I tip my hat to you.

No offense but you gonna wait a decade to see if Bocchi has a lasting impression like K-ON to actually see how its received? For me its pretty obvious its gonna be way popular than K - ON till the end of time from now, just see how many records it broke, K-ON broke quite a few too but nowhere nearly as much. Hell, kessoku band literally ended up top 4 in international album list in which Taylor Swift was 3 and Harry styles album was 10th.
This never happened in any music anime ever before, and i doubt it will happen again either.
Also btw guitar sales in japan increased by more than 7 times in most shops .
P.S. any anime which is in top 25 in MAL isnt forgotten anyways 
Feb 6, 2023 9:50 PM
Feb 2023
MAXproARYAN said:
Followkata said:
It's a good anime.  It's definitely decent a 7/10 but it's overrated. Not sure how people rate masterpieces. 
If a definition of a masterpiece is being just as good production wise as the above average anime in every way then yes, you could call it a masterpiece.
In my book a 10 score or a masterpiece would be something that stands the test of time.  People talk about it in 10 years still saying how it's the best.  The emotions and memories from watching it is engraved into you. It forever having a special place in your heart is what I would consider a masterpiece.  Sorry this falls short for me in all instances. It has good production value, good jokes, and average characters as there is no depth or strong character progression. I understand that that's what it's supposed to be and having being created from a 4 panel manga or what you would call a comic strip in North America they did the best they could.  However that's why it also falls short. I can relate to characters on the surface level but not deeply as I don't know anything deep about them.
In the SOL/Music category I wouldn't be able to call it the best or a masterpiece either.  Don't get me wrong I liked it.  I also liked K-On both are just 7/10 for me. What I find funny is the fact that K-On is brought up at all, yes there are comparisons however that actually for me defines how it stood the test of time.  It's more than a decade old and people still hold it dear so it obviously had a very lasting impression for some people this is something that can't be denied and has yet to be seen with Bocchi.

For me categorically I would rate Nodame Cantabile, Sound Euphonium, Your Lie In April, Nana, and Beck higher. They all leave lasting impressions, emotionally, visually, and personally.  Everyone has there own opinion and if people absolutely loved either Bocchi or K-On I have nothing against it.  There's way too much hating and shunning in these forums as I see it.  It's a waste of time trying to change opinions of people you don't know to your preference on the internet of all places(LOL) if you can achieve this then you're a masterpiece I tip my hat to you.

No offense but you gonna wait a decade to see if Bocchi has a lasting impression like K-ON to actually see how its received? For me its pretty obvious its gonna be way popular than K - ON till the end of time from now, just see how many records it broke, K-ON broke quite a few too but nowhere nearly as much. Hell, kessoku band literally ended up top 4 in international album list in which Taylor Swift was 3 and Harry styles album was 10th.
This never happened in any music anime ever before, and i doubt it will happen again either.

No offense taken.  Quite frankly I don't care if it breaks any records or If it beats K-On in anyway.  It's not like I m a die hard K-On fan.  However we are talking about an anime and you are speaking about record sales, guitar sales and music charts.  Now if your going to say that Kessoku band is the greatest band of all time, I would strongly disagree or if your saying that the best musicians of all time are in this band I would also strongly disagree.  However as an anime and manga we are yet to see how many records are broken.  Either way I hope you win and I hope Bocchi does too.  As a guitarist who is Japanese born in America living in Japan I have nothing against it.  However I would like to say here in Japan there is a reason why record and sales have sky rocketed especially after the anime as you have the sponsoring companies like Yamaha, Steinberg and some of the biggest names in music promoting your band It would be sad to not get any sales from this. As a manga in Japan Bocchi is not very popular it was maybe for a few weeks but as the publisher itself doesn't have the biggest fan base in all honesty yes it could beat K-On in sales and records however if your going to say that it's going to beat something like One Piece, Naruto, or Dragon Ball in historical manga and anime sales sorry that's never ever going to happen.

I mentioned K-On in my previous post because it has been over a decade and people still love it.  I was just stating a fact and we would have to see if Bocchi can do the same.  I don't really like either anime I may like K-On a bit more but we are talking about maybe I like it 0.05 more than Bocchi.  If Bocchi gets a 2nd season I might end up liking Bocchi more.  

I would also like to state Mal's ranking mean almost nothing to the Japanese anime and manga community.  Anime is a rather new medium of popularity in North America however in Japan.  Anime and manga is part of the culture and everyday life.  Literally in a country where 100 million people can like a anime or manga on any given day whether MAL has a few hundred thousand people liking Bocchi total means nothing.  It all comes down to popularity, and sales in Japan and no instrument sales, ticket sales and music charts don't count towards how great a manga or anime is.  I don't plan on waiting 10 years if there are people like you who strongly believe Bocchi is the greatest of all time then I'm sure 10 years from now it still will be.  As for records regarding anime we will have to wait and see but i wouldn't hold your breath the biggest animes like Dragon Ball and One Piece have all time sales of over 100s of billions of dollars not to mention they are published on a weekly basis and have been for decades unlike Bocchi which comes out monthly as a 4koma comic strip monthly.  You can't really compare the all time greatest to it unfortunately that's just the way it is.
FollowkataFeb 6, 2023 10:29 PM
Feb 6, 2023 10:15 PM
Dec 2017
Followkata said:
there is a reason why record and sales have sky rocketed especially after the anime as you have the sponsoring companies like Yamaha, Steinberg and some ofnthr biggest names in music promoting your band It would be sad to not get any sales from this 

nonsense, the show's popularity boosted those brands' sales, not the opposite. It's not the first time we see an anime/brands collab like this yet not many are this successful, especially for something that came out of nowhere like Bocchi. Super Cub for sure wasn't near as big despite being more blatant about it. Hibike had a Yamaha collab and wasn't as big either.
VludiFeb 6, 2023 10:39 PM
Feb 6, 2023 10:39 PM
Feb 2023
Vludi said:
Followkata said:
there is a reason why record and sales have sky rocketed especially after the anime as you have the sponsoring companies like Yamaha, Steinberg and some ofnthr biggest names in music promoting your band It would be sad to not get any sales from this 

nonsense, the show's popularity boosted those brands' sales, not the opposite. It's not the first time we see an anime/brands collab like this yet not many are this successful, especially for something that came out of nowhere like Bocchi. Super Cub for sure wasn't near as big despite being more blatant about it.

It's actually both the animes need sponsors to be created.  These companies sponsor the anime studios the studios then create the animes.  Essentially using the anime as a commercial.  So yes you're right the companies need the anime but the anime also needs the sponsors to get created.  Now after the show finishes of course these companies are going to want to make more money so they use there power to promote the band and in return get more money from sales.  I'm not sure where your harshness comes from I'm just stating facts about how the business is run.  That's besides the point.  Is the Anime the greatest of all time?  Maybe for you but how is this judged the only way to judge wiukd be sales figures and if your going to do a popularity and sales contest between the anime and manga solely with the likes of One Piece, Naruto, or Dragon Ball.  Sorry Bocchi loses hands down.  One Piece 600 million copies of the manga have been sold........you can say what you want but Bocchi's sales will never even come close. 

I'm not arguing with you. I am a Bocchi fan I'm just stating facts about reality if it rubs you the wrong way I apologize.
Feb 6, 2023 10:55 PM
Dec 2017
Followkata said:
Vludi said:

nonsense, the show's popularity boosted those brands' sales, not the opposite. It's not the first time we see an anime/brands collab like this yet not many are this successful, especially for something that came out of nowhere like Bocchi. Super Cub for sure wasn't near as big despite being more blatant about it.

-It's actually both the animes need sponsors to be created.  These companies sponsor the anime studios the studios then create the animes.  Essentially using the anime as a commercial.  So yes you're right the companies need the anime but the anime also needs the sponsors to get created.  Now after the show finishes of course these companies are going to want to make more money so they use there power to promote the band and in return get more money from sales.  I'm not sure where your harshness comes from I'm just stating facts about how the business is run.
-That's besides the point.  Is the Anime the greatest of all time?  Maybe for you but how is this judged the only way to judge wiukd be sales figures and if your going to do a popularity and sales contest between the anime and manga solely with the likes of One Piece, Naruto, or Dragon Ball.  Sorry Bocchi loses hands down.  One Piece 600 million copies of the manga have been sold........you can say what you want but Bocchi's sales will never even come close. 
-I'm not arguing with you. I am a Bocchi fan I'm just stating facts about reality if it rubs you the wrong way I apologize.
-None of these change the fact that it's the show's popularity that will ultimately define its success/failure, again a series doesn't immediately turn popular just because of a brand attached to it.
-Well duh nothing compares to shonen long-runners in terms of sales lol, still doesn't change that it's a significant success that we don't see that often considering the genre, not to mention it outsold the "big shonen" of the season too.
-The only reality that you don't want to face here is that the anime is popular due to own merits.
VludiFeb 6, 2023 11:03 PM
Feb 6, 2023 11:21 PM
Feb 2023
Vludi said:
Followkata said:

-It's actually both the animes need sponsors to be created.  These companies sponsor the anime studios the studios then create the animes.  Essentially using the anime as a commercial.  So yes you're right the companies need the anime but the anime also needs the sponsors to get created.  Now after the show finishes of course these companies are going to want to make more money so they use there power to promote the band and in return get more money from sales.  I'm not sure where your harshness comes from I'm just stating facts about how the business is run.
-That's besides the point.  Is the Anime the greatest of all time?  Maybe for you but how is this judged the only way to judge wiukd be sales figures and if your going to do a popularity and sales contest between the anime and manga solely with the likes of One Piece, Naruto, or Dragon Ball.  Sorry Bocchi loses hands down.  One Piece 600 million copies of the manga have been sold........you can say what you want but Bocchi's sales will never even come close. 
-I'm not arguing with you. I am a Bocchi fan I'm just stating facts about reality if it rubs you the wrong way I apologize.
-None of these change the fact that it's the show's popularity that will ultimately define its success/failure, again a series doesn't immediately turn popular just because of a brand attached to it.
-Well duh nothing compares to shonen long-runners in terms of sales lol, still doesn't change that it's a significant success that we don't see that often considering the genre, not to mention it outsold the "big shonen" of the season too.
-The only reality that you don't want to face here is that the anime is popular due to own merits.

Sorry no offense but are you ok? Not trying to be rude but In my previous posts I said I was a Bocchi fan I also never stated anywhere that the anime is not popular due to its own merits. I did mention how they have music companies sponsoring it and the band but I never mentioned once that the show was not popular due to its own merits. I did mention that it's not the most popular show or manga in japan. Which is true.

I'll say it again even clearer. The show is good has a good studio behind it the animation is great for a SOL. The music is great. The characters are decent. The show does what it sets out to do with excellent precision. THIS IS WHY ITS POPULAR it's because it's a good show lol what more do you want. I still don't think it's a masterpiece or the greatest all time if you think it is that's great but you will not change my mind.

It's a pretty popular anime for this fall season. I mean Ive mentioned what I liked about it before however I've watched over 500 anime probably closer to a thousand I've read mangas that no one has ever heard about my first language being Japanese living in Japan more than half my life I literally read everything I can. I would describe myself shamefully as a straight up otaku. So out of everything I've ever read or watched for me it's not the best in any category.

If you want to keep arguing about things we agree on I'm all ears as I have nothing but time on my hands, I write this message with half a smile and a hint of shame. Lol
Feb 6, 2023 11:41 PM
Dec 2017
Followkata said:
-I also never stated anywhere that the anime is not popular due to its own merits.
-I did mention that it's not the most popular show or manga in japan. Which is true.
-I'll say it again even clearer. The show is good has a good studio behind it the animation is great for a SOL. The music is great.  The characters are decent.  The show does what it sets out to do with excellent precision. THIS IS WHY ITS POPULAR it's because it's a good show lol what more do you want. I still don't think it's a masterpiece or the greatest all time if you think it is that's great but you will not change my mind.
It's a pretty popular anime for this fall season.  I mean Ive mentioned what I liked about it before however I've watched over 500 anime probably closer to a thousand I've read mangas that no one has ever heard about my first language being Japanese living in Japan more than half my life I literally read everything I can.  I would describe myself shamefully as a straight up otaku.  So out of  everything I've ever read or watched for me it's not the best in any category. 
-If you want to keep arguing about things we agree on I'm all ears as I have nothing but time on my hands, I write this message with half a smile and a hint of shame. Lol
-Your post clearly implied that, you are just being clueless or a hypocrithe, either way not my fault.
-No one ever implied it was, anyway, so dunno what's your point here.
-ok? don't really care if you like it or not really.
-Funny coming from the guy forcing the long-runner shonen comparisons that were never part of the argument lol, but ok.
VludiFeb 6, 2023 11:50 PM
Feb 6, 2023 11:57 PM
Feb 2023
Vludi said:
Followkata said:
-I also never stated anywhere that the anime is not popular due to its own merits.
-I did mention that it's not the most popular show or manga in japan. Which is true.
-I'll say it again even clearer. The show is good has a good studio behind it the animation is great for a SOL. The music is great.  The characters are decent.  The show does what it sets out to do with excellent precision. THIS IS WHY ITS POPULAR it's because it's a good show lol what more do you want. I still don't think it's a masterpiece or the greatest all time if you think it is that's great but you will not change my mind.
It's a pretty popular anime for this fall season.  I mean Ive mentioned what I liked about it before however I've watched over 500 anime probably closer to a thousand I've read mangas that no one has ever heard about my first language being Japanese living in Japan more than half my life I literally read everything I can.  I would describe myself shamefully as a straight up otaku.  So out of  everything I've ever read or watched for me it's not the best in any category. 
-If you want to keep arguing about things we agree on I'm all ears as I have nothing but time on my hands, I write this message with half a smile and a hint of shame. Lol
-Your post clearly implied that, you are just being clueless or a hypocrithe, either way not my fault.
-No one ever implied it was, anyway, so dunno what's your point here.
-ok? don't really care if you like it or not really.
-Funny coming from the guy forcing the long-runner shonen comparisons when that were never part of the argument lol, but ok.

Sorry it wasn't you but someone else brought up music sales which has nothing to do with anime sales however that person didnt reply and you commented instead.  So I brought up the most popular mangas ever because if someone's going to compare anime sales to music sales then everything goes is what I was thinking. Since you were commenting about the music and sponsors I just thought you agreed with the guy who wants to compare an anime to a popularity on music charts.

You just replied during my debate.  Not your fault but yes many people have replied to me that it is the best ever masterpiece in this thread you just happened to comment in between all of it. Maybe you don't think that but from how you argued with me it sort of implied that you strongly felt that Bocchi was one of the best.  I was just stating my opinion and facts the entire time. 

My favorite manga yes it is Dragon Ball however I have a strong childhood connection to it. So my opinion is biased so I didn't go into it. I actually don't like One Piece, or Naruto I dropped both within the first seasons LOL!

Anime wise I'm not sure for the SOL I like Nichijou, Azumanga, your lie, ano Hana, Nodame, non non biyori, mitsudomoe, etc if I list it out it won't stop.

My first post in here I voted yes to like and posted why,. I mean that alone should tell you that I'm a fan whether you care or not.

Ps Supercub was meh....can't even compare that to Bocchi.   
FollowkataFeb 7, 2023 12:03 AM
Feb 7, 2023 12:19 AM

Aug 2018
I liked it but I didn't love it. It just barely registered a 7/10 from me.
Feb 7, 2023 12:23 AM
Dec 2017
Followkata said:
So I brought up the most popular mangas ever because if someone's going to compare anime sales to music sales then everything goes is what I was thinking. Since you were commenting about the music and sponsors I just thought you agreed with the guy who wants to compare an anime to a popularity on music charts.
The music was produced under the anime so they are one and the same if you ask me, it's quite unlikely that people bought the album with no prior knowledge of the anime. It's fair to compare it to other anime music albums, but manga feels forced, the series wasn't even popular until the anime came out.
Feb 7, 2023 12:31 AM
Feb 2023
Vludi said:
Followkata said:
So I brought up the most popular mangas ever because if someone's going to compare anime sales to music sales then everything goes is what I was thinking. Since you were commenting about the music and sponsors I just thought you agreed with the guy who wants to compare an anime to a popularity on music charts.
The music was produced under the anime so they are one and the same if you ask me, it's quite unlikely that people bought the album with no prior knowledge of the anime. It's fair to compare it to other anime music albums, but manga feels forced, the series wasn't even popular until the anime came out.

Very true however I first hand saw it happening.  I'm seeing commercials billboards advertisements everywhere promoting Kessoku band.  I live in the country. I maybe an Otaku but I'm not a shut-in. I have friends messaging me if I've ever heard of this band who don't even watch anime. Japan's music scene is extremely trendy I would say the word one shot wonder is an understatement here. I'm not saying Kessoku band is a one shot wonder but Japan has the 2nd biggest music scene the number one being the US.  The people who actually perform the music are pros.  A lot of the time the voice actors do the performance but for Kessoku band very popular professionals were hired to create this cd the only way to do this is with big connections with mega corporations.  Even if you never heard of Bocchi the anime if you hear that one of these pros is part of the cd.  Your buying it.  In all honesty this Is just business and how the world works everyone wants to make money any way they can.  So I agree with you however it doesn't sit right with me you cant just top the billboards without the talent and that talent had nothing to do with the manga or anime.  You have millions or hundreds of millions of people downloading the cd or buying it who have never seen Bocchi to me it just doesn't sit right. I've mentioned before I'm a guitarist I love anime and manga but certain parts of the industry I hate and this is probably why I just couldn't love K-On or Bocchi.  I liked them and they deserved the upvotes however and this is the problem with music anime that have these sponsors is the commercial element is too big to ignore. 
FollowkataFeb 7, 2023 1:06 AM
Feb 7, 2023 12:57 AM
Dec 2017
Followkata said:
Vludi said:

Very true however I first hand saw it happening.  I'm seeing commercials billboards advertisements everywhere promoting Kessoku band.  I live in the country. I maybe an Otaku but I'm not a shut-in. I have friends messaging me if I've ever heard of this band who don't even watch anime. Japan's music scene is extremely trendy I would say the word one shot wonder is an understatement here. I'm not saying Kessoku band is a one shot wonder but Japan has the 2nd biggest music scene the number one being the u
The anime sold well enough so can't say it's only music industry-related, remember that you have examples like Chainsaw Man: extremely popular and catchy OP, manga selling like hotcakes on its own, yet the anime didn't meet sale expectations at all. Bocchi's anime is like the complete opposite.
If Cloverworks really wanted a cashcow series so bad they'd just go with idol stuff instead of an obscure kirara manga that no one cared about, really.
VludiFeb 7, 2023 2:43 AM
Feb 7, 2023 1:28 AM
Feb 2023
Vludi said:
Followkata said:

Very true however I first hand saw it happening.  I'm seeing commercials billboards advertisements everywhere promoting Kessoku band.  I live in the country. I maybe an Otaku but I'm not a shut-in. I have friends messaging me if I've ever heard of this band who don't even watch anime. Japan's music scene is extremely trendy I would say the word one shot wonder is an understatement here. I'm not saying Kessoku band is a one shot wonder but Japan has the 2nd biggest music scene the number one being the u
The anime sold well enough to say it's only music industry-related, remember that you have examples like Chainsaw Man: extremely popular and catchy OP, manga selling like hotcakes on its own, yet the anime didn't meet sale expectations at all. Bocchi's anime is like the complete opposite.

I rewrote my last message as my phone farted and posted only half way. This will be my last reply of the day. You nailed it's music industry related but to me that's not always a good thing if you read my re-edited last message I made my point. Anyways it's been a fun back and forth. One thing I can say is for me anyways was the music in Bocchi was probably one of the best out of all rock band animes. Better than K-On in that department which quite frankly was more cute but sounded a lot more amateur. I can understand why Bocchi did well on the charts however I can clearly state that although the anime played a big part of chart success, that alone would not have made it topping billboards.

Big money and Big names were involved which I understand but rubs me the wrong way as well as the only reason the music was created is because of the anime however the same love has yet to be given back to the anime. You may disagree because the anime may seem popular but if it had all the people voting for japans billboards coming back to the anime, Bocchi would definitely become a masterpiece although I would still disagree and this is just due to personal taste.
Feb 7, 2023 2:04 AM
Dec 2017
I get your rant about the commercial aspect, but to be honest Bozaro never felt as bad as other anime when it comes to that (especially idol stuff), the marketing aspect wasn't blatant in the anime either. The music was a bit too "professional", but you can still feel respect for the underground/live-house scene in the anime, and honestly I don't care if there are some known names here and there as long as the music is good, dissing the music just because you don't like the people behind it is kind of shallow. It could be better by focusing on more amateur performances maybe, but I can't think of any anime that goes all the way like that, and just playing music from other bands/artists is a bit lazy.
"it rubs me the wrong way as well as the only reason the music was created is because of the anime "
Nothing wrong with it, music is music, unless you have some kind of grudge against anime or something.
VludiFeb 26, 2023 3:00 PM
Feb 7, 2023 2:38 AM
Jul 2021
Followkata said:
MAXproARYAN said:

No offense taken.  Quite frankly I don't care if it breaks any records or If it beats K-On in anyway.  It's not like I m a die hard K-On fan.  However we are talking about an anime and you are speaking about record sales, guitar sales and music charts.  Now if your going to say that Kessoku band is the greatest band of all time, I would strongly disagree or if your saying that the best musicians of all time are in this band I would also strongly disagree.  However as an anime and manga we are yet to see how many records are broken.  Either way I hope you win and I hope Bocchi does too.  As a guitarist who is Japanese born in America living in Japan I have nothing against it.  However I would like to say here in Japan there is a reason why record and sales have sky rocketed especially after the anime as you have the sponsoring companies like Yamaha, Steinberg and some of the biggest names in music promoting your band It would be sad to not get any sales from this. As a manga in Japan Bocchi is not very popular it was maybe for a few weeks but as the publisher itself doesn't have the biggest fan base in all honesty yes it could beat K-On in sales and records however if your going to say that it's going to beat something like One Piece, Naruto, or Dragon Ball in historical manga and anime sales sorry that's never ever going to happen.

I mentioned K-On in my previous post because it has been over a decade and people still love it.  I was just stating a fact and we would have to see if Bocchi can do the same.  I don't really like either anime I may like K-On a bit more but we are talking about maybe I like it 0.05 more than Bocchi.  If Bocchi gets a 2nd season I might end up liking Bocchi more.  

I would also like to state Mal's ranking mean almost nothing to the Japanese anime and manga community.  Anime is a rather new medium of popularity in North America however in Japan.  Anime and manga is part of the culture and everyday life.  Literally in a country where 100 million people can like a anime or manga on any given day whether MAL has a few hundred thousand people liking Bocchi total means nothing.  It all comes down to popularity, and sales in Japan and no instrument sales, ticket sales and music charts don't count towards how great a manga or anime is.  I don't plan on waiting 10 years if there are people like you who strongly believe Bocchi is the greatest of all time then I'm sure 10 years from now it still will be.  As for records regarding anime we will have to wait and see but i wouldn't hold your breath the biggest animes like Dragon Ball and One Piece have all time sales of over 100s of billions of dollars not to mention they are published on a weekly basis and have been for decades unlike Bocchi which comes out monthly as a 4koma comic strip monthly.  You can't really compare the all time greatest to it unfortunately that's just the way it is.

i get your point and respect your opinion and Really appreciate the fact that you didn't take my comment as offensive as most others would do.
But i do think you are off base a lil bit and didn't fill understand by comment. By no means do i think that bocchi is the greatest anime of all time or be even nearly as popular as the most popular anime like DBZ, one piece,naruto and others.
Its also unfair comparing them cuz they all started like 20+ years ago while bocchi aired less than 2 months ago.
I think bocchi did incredibly well sales wise, considering its genre and its release date. For reference, bocchi sold 16000 blu ray DVD's in its first week of release, while Chainsaw man(one of the most hyped anime of all time and an extremely popular manga) sold 1700 , and no i didn't miss a 0 anywhere.

Anyways back to the point, i love bocchi the rock, ik its objectively not the best of all time or anything, but still really good.
Ik a lot of people who thinks SOL anime are meh and dislike CDGCT , actually ended up loving bocchi the rock. So it already lasted impression on people.
Also i brang up the music sales because statistically speaking,  most people would never have known that the band and their album exists had they not seen the anime, which further proves my point that this show is indeed popular and for a good reason 
Also P.S. - It took me a while to reply because it was nighttime in my timezone and I was asleep
Aryan-0_0Feb 7, 2023 2:42 AM
Feb 26, 2023 2:45 PM

Jul 2022
Hitori's constant anxiety irritated me to the point of really disliking her character, and the show as a whole. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Kessoku Band released new music!

imjayhime - Jun 9

16 by Rayane-47 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

751 by CowPoKEJAcK »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Nov 26, 2022

515 by CowPoKEJAcK »»
Yesterday, 7:32 PM

» Kessoku Band on The First Take!!!

Dbagas8 - Jun 7

15 by Hitagi__Furude »»
Jun 9, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 22, 2022

283 by japN1k »»
Jun 8, 8:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.