Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 29, 2022 9:04 AM
Feb 2020
One of the best anime this year,
But I need to rant about 2 things,
First, what's with the ending, it's the same problem with these time travel stories always ends up at a bloody paradox, I mean if they erased that whale from 300 years ago than none of the events happened and no one died like we saw in the show, but than they didn't had to go back three hundred years ago to erase it and so it's still there but than they to go back and erase it than they don't need to go back and so on
What I m saying is that this author is a complete genius, he handled it remarkably, and he deserves all the praise for it but the ending should've been better, I mean if he's gonna end it by making it never happen to begin with than that's not really an ending is it? I mean anybody can do that, I was thinking the whole time when some really big twist happened or some important character died that if he just make the problem go away before it happens by time travel than this character wouldn't have to die. I mean everyone can think that but a genius should think more, and I m tired off giving paradoxes a pass just cz it needs to happen, nah fuck that.
Also I m not gonna buy parallel universe thing too cz in that case show me what happened in that universe, cz that was the one we were following all along
So in other words the last episode didn't even showed the original timeline and what happened to the original versions of characters, did shinpei actually died, what happened to MiO and shou and tokiko? They didn't showed any of that,
And that's a problem

2nd thing is that why did they had to do MiO so dirty, I was shipping them from the beginning and I didn't liked ushio one bit compared to MiO so whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 😭😭😭😭😭😭 she didn't even contributed in the final fight, I mean why do u people make a second girl so cute and nice and charming if she's just gonna be a bystander,

Also do I need to read the manga or the anime covered it all?
Mathi786Nov 29, 2022 7:00 PM
Nov 29, 2022 9:23 AM

Nov 2021
You don't get the ending, the main point/reason of the show is to fix/change/alter/render the corrupted timeline into a better timeline, making it into a good summertime. Getting a sweet and desirable ending is what it needs from the very beginning, that's the story and MC's motive. How is a bad ending a desirable ending? How does this sum up all the work done by Shinpei in all of the timelines?

As for your second question, it has covered all the manga, so it is up to you whether you want to read the manga or not.
itsrj20Nov 29, 2022 9:30 AM

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Nov 29, 2022 9:48 AM
Apr 2022
my condolence....
Nov 29, 2022 10:19 AM
Apr 2021
This should explain everything to you https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2048084
Nov 29, 2022 10:53 AM
Jan 2020
Your first point is explained by the idea of timelines. The timeline where the whale existed and the one we were shown in the last episode are different.
Nov 29, 2022 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
I think it was mentioned, that "butterfly effect will not happen", meaning timeline will mostly stay the same with some trivial details changed.
Shinpei still went to the island, but for different reason and still dove into Hizuru's boobies. Even his parents are alive.

In short in most time travel works characters are completely changing timelines, while here they fixed it. That's why Shinpei and Ushio at the very end remembered something vividly from the course of the show at the very end.

Nov 29, 2022 12:00 PM
Nov 2018
Mathi786 said:
But I need to rant about 2 things,
First, what's with the ending, it's the same problem with these time travel stories always ends up at a bloody paradox, I mean if they erased that whale from 300 years ago than none of the events happened and no one died like we saw in the show, but than they didn't had to go back three hundred years ago to erase it and so it's still there but than they to go back and erase it than they don't need to go back and so on
What I m saying is that this author is a complete genius, he handled it remarkably, and he deserves all the praise for it but the ending should've been better, I mean if he's gonna end it by making it never happen to begin with than that's not really an ending is it? I mean anybody can do that, I was thinking the whole time when some really big twist happened or some important character died that if he just make the problem go away before it happens by time travel than this character wouldn't have to die. I mean everyone can think that but a genius should think more, and I m tired off giving paradoxes a pass just cz it needs to happen, nah fuck that.
Also I m not gonna buy parallel universe thing too cz in that case show me what happened in that universe, cz that was the one we were following all along

2nd thing is that why did they had to do MiO so dirty, I was shipping them from the beginning and I didn't liked ushio one bit compared to MiO so whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 😭😭😭😭😭😭 she didn't even contributed in the final fight, I mean why do u people make a second girl so cute and nice and charming if she's just gonna be a bystander,

Also do I need to read the manga or the anime covered it all?

I gotta agree with your second point, Mio was my favorite character and in my opinion much better than Ushio, but unfortunately she lost.
Nov 29, 2022 6:54 PM
Feb 2020
itsrj20 said:
You don't get the ending, the main point/reason of the show is to fix/change/alter/render the corrupted timeline into a better timeline, making it into a good summertime. Getting a sweet and desirable ending is what it needs from the very beginning, that's the story and MC's motive. How is a bad ending a desirable ending? How does this sum up all the work done by Shinpei in all of the timelines?

It's not about desire, and also if u think they changed the timeline you didn't understand the physics of the show,

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2048084

Go here to understand it, than we can talk
Nov 29, 2022 6:57 PM
Feb 2020
OnlyaBunny said:
Your first point is explained by the idea of timelines. The timeline where the whale existed and the one we were shown in the last episode are different.

Piromysl said:
I think it was mentioned, that "butterfly effect will not happen", meaning timeline will mostly stay the same with some trivial details changed.
Shinpei still went to the island, but for different reason and still dove into Hizuru's boobies. Even his parents are alive.

In short in most time travel works characters are completely changing timelines, while here they fixed it. That's why Shinpei and Ushio at the very end remembered something vividly from the course of the show at the very end.

I know they are different timelines I m just not satisfied with the last episode cz they didn't show what happened in the original timeline, the timeline in the last episode wasn't our original timeline and that's my problem with it
Nov 29, 2022 7:11 PM
May 2020
itsrj20 said:

As for your second question, it has covered all the manga, so it is up to you whether you want to read the manga or not.

yh, this is one of the best endings in this type of anime... well, from what I seen
Nov 29, 2022 7:32 PM

Nov 2021
Mathi786 said:
itsrj20 said:

It's not about desire, and also if u think they changed the timeline you didn't understand the physics of the show,

Lmao, I've seen this before, and probably on reddit (because that's where he first posted it), and it still doesn't change the fact, as all these mentioned are just timelines and routes happened throughout the story. Anyway, we have different points of view to see something, you are fixated on the "bad ending" for the reason that "the good one can be pulled off by anyone", while I'm saying that with a different perspective.
(Also, you skipped my first question, how bad ending is required here? Don't come up saying just because you want it.)

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Nov 29, 2022 7:38 PM
Feb 2020
itsrj20 said:
Mathi786 said:

Lmao, I've seen this before, and probably on reddit (because that's where he first posted it), and it still doesn't change the fact, as all these mentioned are just timelines and routes happened throughout the story. Anyway, we have different points of view to see something, you are fixated on the "bad ending" for the reason that "the good one can be pulled off by anyone", while I'm saying that with a different perspective.
(Also, you skipped my first question, how bad ending is required here? Don't come up saying just because you want it.)

No no m not asking for the bad ending, m asking for more realistic and logical ending, they didn't showed the main characters in the last episodes, isn't that enough, I wanted to see the real main characters and their outcomes and not some randos who have no idea what's going on
Dec 1, 2022 10:39 AM

Sep 2015
Mathi786 said:

So in other words the last episode didn't even showed the original timeline and what happened to the original versions of characters, did shinpei actually died, what happened to MiO and shou and tokiko? They didn't showed any of that,
And that's a problem

Regardless whether you accept it or not... this is indeed a parallel universe. It was explained in the middle at some point. However each branch basically gets erased. Only the one Shinpei (or rather Haine's eye/powers) observes are permanent. That means going to the past, changing it and observing it forces it to be permanent. Haine's power is technically not bound to a single timeline as we see with the dark mark left in Shinpei etc. This is my interpretation. My problem with the show is that the powers are too 'soft' and is hard to follow and make heads or tails how it all works so its still speculation. Maybe the manga did this better but I wouldn't know.

Since other timelines are basically erased or remolded, which ever interpretation... those ending never exists. One timeline, but multiple branches with each one that is not chosen erased.

And if you are curious what happens, we saw the festival loop that the island got completely absorbed by the shadow. And was later revealed Shide wanted to end the world... for whatever reason(another gripe of mines) so basically the shadow engulf the entire world.
zcv45Dec 1, 2022 10:43 AM
Dec 1, 2022 12:17 PM
Feb 2022
zcv45 said:
Mathi786 said:

And that's a problem

Regardless whether you accept it or not... this is indeed a parallel universe. It was explained in the middle at some point. However each branch basically gets erased. Only the one Shinpei (or rather Haine's eye/powers) observes are permanent. That means going to the past, changing it and observing it forces it to be permanent. Haine's power is technically not bound to a single timeline as we see with the dark mark left in Shinpei etc. This is my interpretation. My problem with the show is that the powers are too 'soft' and is hard to follow and make heads or tails how it all works so its still speculation. Maybe the manga did this better but I wouldn't know.

Since other timelines are basically erased or remolded, which ever interpretation... those ending never exists. One timeline, but multiple branches with each one that is not chosen erased.

And if you are curious what happens, we saw the festival loop that the island got completely absorbed by the shadow. And was later revealed Shide wanted to end the world... for whatever reason(another gripe of mines) so basically the shadow engulf the entire world.

what you're saying makes perfect sense, the show for me personally was a bit hard to understand so I've been reading many reviews and opinions on the plot of the show to understand everything but I still don't lol. The complexity of the plot for me was insane, but I still enjoyed it very much.
Dec 2, 2022 4:08 AM
Feb 2020
zcv45 said:
Regardless whether you accept it or not... this is indeed a parallel universe. It was explained in the middle at some point. However each branch basically gets erased. Only the one Shinpei (or rather Haine's eye/powers) observes are permanent. That means going to the past, changing it and observing it forces it to be permanent. Haine's power is technically not bound to a single timeline as we see with the dark mark left in Shinpei etc. This is my interpretation. My problem with the show is that the powers are too 'soft' and is hard to follow and make heads or tails how it all works so its still speculation. Maybe the manga did this better but I wouldn't know

It makes a bit more sense, I remember that now , they weren't just time traveling but also rendering the timeline in real time,
Well I can get behind it now even tho there are some questions that are lingering in my mind but that would be nitpicking,

This author is a certified genius in my eyes, m gonna check out his other works now

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

475 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.