Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2022 1:15 AM

Aug 2018
Halloween is soon upon us and i was just wondering what you guys think are some good anime to watch that really give in to these spooky festivities, oh and Happy Halloween

Oct 22, 2022 1:19 AM

Feb 2020
Another
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte: The Maxim)
Shiki
Yami Shibai
Oct 22, 2022 1:39 AM

Feb 2020
Over the Garden Wall is a good Halloween anime in my opinion.
Oct 22, 2022 1:40 AM
Jun 2020
If you want something short, I think Mononoke, Another, and Mieruko(I didn't watch this, but the visuals looks spooky enough)

Longer series like Jigoku Shoujo (SLOW paced, mid of second season onwards then you get some progress on the overarching story), and xxxHolic, definitely is on track for the spookiness of the supernaturals.

Also, you can mark Uzumaki down for your Halloween special anime next year, or the year after, hahahha.
Honestly, take a read of any Ito Junji's manga, and is a story made of nightmares. T.T.
I think there's an anime adaptation of same of his mangas?
Oct 22, 2022 1:43 AM

Aug 2018
mushi_Jyou said:
If you want something short, I think Mononoke, Another, and Mieruko(I didn't watch this, but the visuals looks spooky enough)

Longer series like Jigoku Shoujo (SLOW paced, mid of second season onwards then you get some progress on the overarching story), and xxxHolic, definitely is on track for the spookiness of the supernaturals.

Also, you can mark Uzumaki down for your Halloween special anime next year, or the year after, hahahha.
Honestly, take a read of any Ito Junji's manga, and is a story made of nightmares. T.T.

plzzzzzzz dont mention the anime adaptation of junji, its a real spit in the face of his work 😿

Oct 22, 2022 1:44 AM

Jan 2022
Soul Eater is the first thing that comes to mind for me.

I first watched it back in high school specifically to get into the halloween spirit after I stumbled across this amv:

The whole premise is basically halloween themed.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 22, 2022 1:47 AM

Aug 2018
NorthmostIsle said:
Soul Eater is the first thing that comes to mind for me.

I first watched it back in high school specifically to get into the halloween spirit after I stumbled across this amv:

The whole premise is basically halloween themed.

soul eater is just a classic its been like a decade since i last watched it, thanks for re-jogging my memory about it

Oct 22, 2022 1:47 AM
Jun 2020
1iq-Salty said:
mushi_Jyou said:

plzzzzzzz dont mention the anime adaptation of junji, its a real spit in the face of his work 😿

Hahahha is that so? Thank you for the warning then. I only heard that there was an anime adaptation, but didn't actually follow closely. His manga already scarred me. HAHAhaha.
Oct 22, 2022 1:51 AM

Aug 2018
mushi_Jyou said:
1iq-Salty said:

Hahahha is that so? Thank you for the warning then. I only heard that there was an anime adaptation, but didn't actually follow closely. His manga already scarred me. HAHAhaha.

like the difference is uncanny haha.

Oct 22, 2022 2:11 AM
Jun 2020
1iq-Salty said:
mushi_Jyou said:

like the difference is uncanny haha.

What is this? they look like characters from 2 different stories. The manga extract you attached actually gave me the chills. My first thought when I saw The anime screenshot was that is some side character from some ballroom scene in a non horror anime....
For some reason I can actually hear scary sound effects when I glanced through that manga page...
Oct 22, 2022 2:11 AM

Dec 2015
Soul Eater, Little Witch Academia (OVAs+TV), Mahou Shoujo-tai Arusu or Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu.
Oct 22, 2022 2:19 AM

Jun 2022
The Cowboy Bebop movie. A real classic
I'd like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly
Oct 22, 2022 2:20 AM
Dec 2017
Anythign by Kaori Yuki and also Kagen No Tsuki and Aural Vampire are good picks and also a witches tale as well too

Oct 22, 2022 2:25 AM

Mar 2021
You can try out JoJo part 1

Or hellsing ultimate

Or mononoke
Za_PandaOct 22, 2022 2:30 AM
Oct 22, 2022 5:23 AM

Feb 2018

♥Trick or Treat♥

that said, how about Tsukuyomi MOON PHASE;

MasterTasukeOct 22, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 22, 2022 4:18 PM

May 2018
"Anime for Halloween"

C Danchi - at least it's short.
Oct 22, 2022 4:51 PM

Oct 2011
I'd imagine anything in the horror genre would do, no?
Oct 22, 2022 5:00 PM
Jul 2018
Zombie loan, I had a really good time watching it
Oct 23, 2022 12:25 AM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved to the correct board.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Oct 23, 2022 6:24 AM

Aug 2012
Mieruko-chan
Jigoku Shoujo
Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror
Mononoke
Aoi Bungaku
Okko's Inn
xxxHOLiC
Shiki
Natsume Yuujinchou
Little Witch Academia
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou
Ghost Stories (in English dub because it's hilarious)
Kemono Jihen
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun
Flying Witch
Denpa-teki na Kanojo
D.Gray-man
Miira no Kaikata
Kakurenbo
Kino no Tabi
Fukigen na Mononokean

Bonus Donghua:

Mo Dao Zu Shi (the first 2 out of the 3 seasons have a Japanese dub if Chinese isn't your thing. Also, the series is complete with the 3 seasons)
Tian Guan Ci Fu (a.k.a Heaven Official's Blessing. Also has English dub if Chinese isn't your thing)
Bai Yao Pu
Oct 23, 2022 10:28 AM

May 2021
These aren't horror anime, but if you're ok with demi-humans, monster girls, ghosts & aliens as main characters:

Interviews With Monster Girls: https://myanimelist.net/anime/33988/Demi-chan_wa_Kataritai

Miss Shachiku and the Little Baby Ghost: https://myanimelist.net/anime/49160/Shachiku-san_wa_Youjo_Yuurei_ni_Iyasaretai

Actually, I Am.. aka My Monster Secret: https://myanimelist.net/anime/29785/Jitsu_wa_Watashi_wa

Waiting in the Summer, as it's main female character is an alien: https://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru

Please Teacher!, as the main female character is an alien: https://myanimelist.net/anime/195/Onegai%E2%98%86Teacher

The World of Narue, the same as above: https://myanimelist.net/anime/840/Narue_no_Sekai

This isn't anime, but I'd want to recommend a manga too called There's A Ghost Behind the Gal: https://myanimelist.net/manga/131029/Gal_no_Haigo_ni_Rei_ga_Iru
Oct 23, 2022 11:50 AM
Dec 2021
Otherside Picnic, with its otherworldly dimensional horrors.

Yo-kai Watch, with its abundance of quirky and unnerving spirits.

Magia Record, with its surreal witches.
Oct 24, 2022 4:08 PM

Jun 2012
Ghost Hunt, it's horror
Higurashi, it's horror
Monster, it's kinda horror
Dorohedoro, horror vibes
XXXHolic, horror vibes
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Oct 24, 2022 8:30 PM

Aug 2017
Shiki

Junji Ito Collection

Mieruko Chan

Hell Girl

Hellsing Ultimate

Paranoia Agent

Oct 24, 2022 10:09 PM

Aug 2011
The Vampire Dies in No Time is my fave Halloween-esque anime! It’s chill and funny, dubbed version is just as good and makes fun of lots of horror story tropes. Besides that rewatching mob psycho for Halloween would be a real treat 🎃
desu desu binches

More topics from this board

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - 3 hours ago

1 by JoeChip »»
3 hours ago

» I need a romance anime

Zamus_Edits - Yesterday

1 by NaTsu879 »»
3 hours ago

» Hentai Romance

False_Entity - May 15

2 by False_Entity »»
Yesterday, 4:39 PM

» Romance Anime

Zamus_Edits - May 24

7 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 3:22 PM

» Anime where MC’s saving girl/girls

JiroOzaki - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.