Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jun 18, 6:47 PM

Nov 2019
Cid really bullshitted his way to Alpha with a made up story, characters and organization lol. We already know that the organization will turn into a real one judging by the ‘bandits’ that seem to be causing an uprising. Good episode, Cid’s chuuni side is a good sight to see because it’s backed by some ruthless action.
Jul 9, 9:36 PM

Feb 2017
God that first episode was so hard to watch that I hesitated to continue the anime. This episode was far nicer in tones; it looked serious but felt very humorous in the way it flowed. Maybe that cringiness in the previous episode actually turned out well to contradict the 'true tone' of the series? Well, I hope that is the case.
Jul 26, 6:43 AM
Apr 2016
Garbage. Dropped.
Aug 6, 2:38 PM
Apr 2022
what the actual **** is this?
Sep 2, 11:38 PM

Mar 2016
OP was amazing, OxT did great, but I wonder why the visuals have to be so focused on the girls. Traditionally anyways, the OP is for badass, cool, edgy MC whereas the ED is for cutesy, lovely heroine(s). They got the music down for the OP, but the visuals was disappointing. And oh nahh. On the other hand, the ED is nice but the bruh, it's not even a powerpoint presentation, the visual is just a still image of Alpha with puzzle pieces transition laid on top of it for a solid 1.5 minutes. It's so ass...

Ummm, this episode feels underwhelming, mediocre at best...

I don't usually nitpick, but there's a whole load of problems here, I don't know if the story is this way from the original source or if it's just the anime adaptation.
For one, this is a reincarnated-type of isekai where Cid is born was a baby in this new world, well what is the purpose of the reincarnation if the story just breezes past pretty much 90% of his life! He managed to find a possessed blob randomly, and he experimented on it for a 'month' and it became a blonde elf which he named Alpha, he adlibbed some fairy tale spinning it as truth and 3 years later, he had his own harem organization AKA Shadow Garden, consisting of strictly girls (for some reason) that are exceedingly capable in combat (for some reason). Bruh we know NOTHING about them at all! How'd you expect the audience to be immersed? Are we gonna see their backstories in the form of flashbacks? Shonen-style?

If this is an anime-adaptation pacing issue, then they FUCKED up really bad! It's better off if Cid got isekaied as is being a 17-18 years old guy already the Eminence in Shadow. But here he is being reincarnated as a baby. His parents are basically background characters, which I am pretty sure will be forgotten later on, and while his sister may seem to hold great attachment to her little brother, we only saw a glimpse of her before she left for the Royal Academy.

What the fuck is going on?
The most impressive thing in this ep is Cid's ability to conjure bullshit and have it become reality or do random shit and make any scenario go his ways.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

186 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

765 by BlaiseAuto »»
Sep 4, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

149 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

193 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2022

165 by ShadowkillZ »»
Sep 4, 2:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.