Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 1, 2022 2:58 AM
Jun 2021
Never thought nadeko will be my hatest character in monogatari.. everything aside.. when she attack shinobu on ground for her selfish brat reason.. my anger was peak..
Hope she will pe get what she deserved.
DynamicGuy
Oct 1, 2022 3:07 AM

May 2021
why not Shinobu, Hanekawa or Senjogahara? Both were hostile at first towards either Araragi or both he and shinobu. Is there any difference? Is loving someone a selfish act according to you?
Oct 1, 2022 3:43 AM
Oct 2019
i was thinking the same the first time i watched it but after reflexion ( and being addict to this anime ) i concluded that you can thing of her behavior as something close to a burnout ? everybody have a lot of expectation toward her + her lover is already taken, she has a lot in her plate and no way to put it out so at the end she just blow up. In a way it's actually the same as Tsubasa but in her case the feelings take the form of a tiger when nadeko change herself in a god. in both case they try to harm the people close to araragi because they feel bad. Monogatari is all about being egoist and how you should for your own good ask people for help when the time come cause if you dont decide to be save nobody will come save you ,so yeah at the end the only one who can save you is yourself. Nadeko is just one of those egoist being and, as the others, a fantastic character.
LeheinzOct 1, 2022 6:51 AM
Oct 1, 2022 3:50 AM

Feb 2018
Nadeko haters are cringe, she's one of the BEST girls in all of anime

Oct 1, 2022 3:55 AM

May 2021
IronGhost115 said:

the only true thing in this thread
Oct 1, 2022 4:44 AM

Jul 2015
You just described a yandere character, bruh.

Oct 1, 2022 5:14 AM
Dec 2020
i mean thats what the arc is about
Oct 1, 2022 5:25 AM
Mar 2022
sonu711 said:
why not Shinobu, Hanekawa or Senjogahara? Both were hostile at first towards either Araragi or both he and shinobu. Is there any difference? Is loving someone a selfish act according to you?

I don't remember shinobu being hostile towards araragi tho.
Oct 1, 2022 6:07 AM

May 2021
wayneps3227 said:
sonu711 said:

have you completely skipped the kizumonogatari
Oct 1, 2022 6:09 AM
Jan 2021
She is definitely my least favorite character, but that’s the point of her character.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Oct 1, 2022 6:11 AM
Mar 2022
sonu711 said:
wayneps3227 said:

I really didn't notice kiss-shot being "hostile". could you refresh my memory.
Oct 1, 2022 6:22 AM

May 2021
wayneps3227 said:
sonu711 said:

Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen, 50:14, "Thou art to perish, servant of mine!" Words from kiss-shot-acerola-orion-heart-under-blade to Araragi Koyomi
Oct 1, 2022 6:25 AM
Mar 2022
sonu711 said:
wayneps3227 said:

Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen, 50:14, "Thou art to perish, servant of mine!" Words from kiss-shot-acerola-orion-heart-under-blade

I'll check it out but If I remember correctly she's did all that so that araragi could kill her right?
Oct 1, 2022 6:27 AM

May 2021
wayneps3227 said:
sonu711 said:

Kizumonogatari III: Reiketsu-hen, 50:14, "Thou art to perish, servant of mine!" Words from kiss-shot-acerola-orion-heart-under-blade

I'll check it out but If I remember correctly she's did all that so that araragi could kill her right?

it still contained hostility and further attacked him. As your point says she wanted koyomi to kill her same goes for sawari neko who let herself to be drained by shinobu and same goes for nadeko who voluntarily got decieved by Kaiki
Oct 1, 2022 6:32 AM
Mar 2022
sonu711 said:
wayneps3227 said:

it still contained hostility and further attacked him. As your point says she wanted koyomi to kill her same goes for sawari neko who let herself to be drained by shinobu and same goes for nadeko who voluntarily got decieved by Kaiki

Nadeko was obsessed with araragi so bad that she wanted to kill him and shinobu because "If she can't have him no one can" and I feel like another reason she let kaiki deceive her only because she was bored of the "god" life
Oct 1, 2022 6:45 AM
Jul 2021
Leheinz said:
i was thinking the same the first time i watched it but after reflexion ( and being addict to this anime ) i concluded that you can thing of her behavior as something close to a burnout ? everybody have a lot of expectation toward her + her lover is already taken, she has a lot in her plate and no way to put it out so at the end she just blow up. In a way it's actually the same as Tsubasa but in her case the feelings take the form of a tiger when nadeko change herself in a god. in both case they try to arm the people close to araragi because they feel bad. Monogatari is all about being egoist and how you should for your own good ask people for help when the time come cause if you dont decide to be save nobody will come save you ,so yeah at the end the only one who can save you is yourself. Nadeko is just one of those egoist being and, as the others, a fantastic character.

Finally… Someone with sense.
Oct 1, 2022 7:22 AM
Apr 2021
typical MAL user moment (I need to put more words in posts now right?)
Oct 1, 2022 7:48 AM

May 2021
wayneps3227 said:
sonu711 said:

Nadeko was obsessed with araragi so bad that she wanted to kill him and shinobu because "If she can't have him no one can" and I feel like another reason she let kaiki deceive her only because she was bored of the "god" life

no, nadeko let her deceive because she got to know that there's nothing irreplaceable. She gave up her feelings and focused on her goal, which she achieved in later novels. To your first point, even Hanekawa would be obsessed towards Araragi but she gave it up too. Kanbaru Suruga also was hostile towards Araragi for love. Can you call it as selfish? Obviously not. loving someone isn't selfish
Oct 1, 2022 7:49 AM
Mar 2022
sonu711 said:
wayneps3227 said:

no, nadeko let her deceive because she got to know that there's nothing irreplaceable. She gave up her feelings and focused on her goal, which she achieved in later novels. To your first point, even Hanekawa would be obsessed towards Araragi but she gave it up too. Kanbaru Suruga also was hostile towards Araragi for love. Can you call it as selfish? Obviously not. loving someone isn't selfish

attempting to kill the person so that nobody can have the person is selfish.
Oct 1, 2022 8:28 AM

May 2021
wayneps3227 said:
sonu711 said:

attempting to kill the person so that nobody can have the person is selfish.

that's what kanbaru and Hanekawa also did.
Oct 1, 2022 8:40 AM
Oct 2021
That's her character and tbf Nadeko is the only girl in the Monogatari franchise I hate but I would be lying if I said she didn't develop and change. It's just that she's made to be unlikable. Anyways, Hanekawa best girl.
Oct 1, 2022 9:35 AM
May 2021
thats the whole idea of her character being built up from bakemonogatari. her jealousy and desire for araragis affection is what cause these events. she's honestly one of my favourite characters ever because I understand the feelings she has and how her actions juxtapose her personality so well that it highlights how far people will go because of jealousy.
Oct 1, 2022 10:06 AM
Dec 2020
i only vividly remeber the plot of the series cuz last time i check was 2 years ago

but isnt the whole shtick of Nadeko is do be like that?
Oct 1, 2022 1:00 PM

Feb 2021
She just hates herself and probably is the most realistically portrayed character in the show.
Oct 1, 2022 1:01 PM

Feb 2021
IronGhost115 said:

My 1# girl I loveeee her so much 🤤
Oct 1, 2022 3:47 PM
Jul 2021
That is why you should hate "cute girls" too.
Oct 3, 2022 3:49 AM
Mar 2021
I mean, that’s the point. She’s a kid, let her be selfish. Also let’s not pretend that she’s the only selfish brat there, everyone in this series is extremely selfish or bratty or both.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

206 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 21, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

224 by fabiandewa19 »»
Jun 20, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

221 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 19, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

726 by animejas »»
Jun 18, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

105 by GT1Studios »»
Jun 18, 4:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.