Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2022 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
At the most critical part of the game, Tsuji getting cornered by Kokubo himself and his team, he's just that BL fanatic who wants action from the person he used to care.

Safe to say that getting goals is as easy as throwing all logic out of the window, and the soccer field is where all the cringe soap opera continues in its extreme towards the end, where Kakegawa didn't make the cut, and give their chances for next year.

One might wonder why I made a choice to watch this show. The model answer: I'm just stupid.
Sep 24, 2022 8:39 AM

May 2021
Great episode! EVIL KOKUBO SCORED ANOTHER GOAL!
THE TENSION IS REAL! SUBARU IS STOPPED BY KOKUBO WHO SEEMS TO BE TELEPORTING??!
Tsuji misses his shot but his Subaru and Jo tell him to not give up.
KOKUBO FAINTS USING HIS MYSTICAL MONKEY MAGIC!
HE RUNS TO THE GOAL AND... TSUJI HEADERS HIS BALL AWAY!

WHAT A MASTERFUL DRAMATIC SCENE!

Kokubo is happy Tsuji is looking at him xD.
Subaru intercepts a telepathic message from Tsuji and he gets ready to shoot!
TSUJI SCORES WITH THE LEGENDARY LEFT!
THEN TSUJI ACIVATES 6 PATHS SAGE MODE+BIJUU MODE!
KAKEGAWA DON'T GIVE UP, EVEN A GOAL DOWN!
20 SECONDS LEFT?!!!!
'AS CLOSEOT THE GOAL WE CAN GET!'
SHOOT CHARGES UP HIS SHOT WITH 10000000000% POWER! AND SHOOOOOOOTSSSSSSSSS!
IT MISSES?!!!!
And Kakegawa lose...
I feel bad for everyone crying.
But even Kokubo is!
It's good to see him and Tsuji make up.
Kakegawa vow to be back next year to the nationals!
Kokubo is sleeping in Tsuji's bed when he arrives home xD.

WHAT A GREAT SHOW. WHAT IS RE ZERO COMPARED TO THIS MASTERPIECE???!?!!?!?!?
SEASON 2 WHEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I NEED IT NOW NANO DESU!
Rem4lifexDSep 24, 2022 8:45 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 24, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2022
You gotta be kidding me with this 😑

They lost!?!?! And we never got to see Kohei and Hideto playing together on the same team again or having a heart to heart talk about what they went through which felt like it should have happened. They could have at least showed us them playing at the end. This was so unsatisfying. The very ending felt rushed should have take it a bit slower and show us more. Really wanted Kohei to join Hideto's team. Overall this was MEH show overall. They didn't even delivered on the BL bait as much as they could have. Just disappointing all around.
dony1060Sep 24, 2022 9:15 AM
Sep 24, 2022 8:54 AM
Feb 2020
terrific garbage
Sep 24, 2022 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
Good finale,

I'm glad the general rating went up a bit, it should be up in the 6s imo

Overall this had a ton of fault,the yaoi bait was annoying but it was a fun and entertaining anime but what really made me dig it was the references to the original shoot,too bad we didn't get to see Kenji but he got cited atleast,loved the closure for Kamiya too and seeing Kubo's grave cut the onions a bit for me

I'll miss the main trio,except for the yaoi bait they had a good synergy and serious Kokubo was kind of cool

If there's a second season i'll watch it but i seriously doubt it,

Solid 6/10
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 24, 2022 11:31 AM
Sep 2015
It's like it knows that its only weapon is its fanservice and it sticks with it until the end, to the point that there should be a law that require every other anime to be as gay as Shoot!
Sep 24, 2022 11:49 AM

Jun 2020
DID THEY REALLY DO THE "GUY FALLING ASLEEP NAKED (FOR LITERALLY NO OTHER REASON THAN WHAT IS OBVIOUS) IN THE OTHER GUY'S BED WHILE WAITING FOR HIM" TROPE??? THIS IS ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADNESS I AM ABSOLUTELY LIVING

SHOOT! GOAL TO THE FUTURE WAS THE GAY GIFT THAT JUST KEPT ON GAYIN--I MEAN GIVING

For real though, y'know what? When all's said and done, seeing real-life things portrayed in anime realistically is just plain boring at times (side-eyes Ao Ashi,) so kudos to Shoot! Goal to the Future for absolutely DESTROYING that way of doing things and giving me a reason to once more appreciate the good ol' batshit over-the-topness I know and love sports anime--and just anime in general--for: it's FUN.

I don't think I've had this much fun and laughed this hard at a seasonal in a while! This truly was such a wacky vibe and I can shamelessly say I loved every minute of it. Not everything is meant to be taken seriously or nitpicked with anime and this anime was aware of it, the people behind it were aware of it, and it's exactly why they did what they did. They thought, "enough of all the pretentiousness; let's make something people can laugh at and turn their brain off to after a long hard day of work or school," which was exactly what I needed this year. I watched it throughout the last quarter of my senior year in uni, throughout my (exhausting) teacher training, and therefore, it was just PERFECT for me. I don't want to watch boring real people running after boring real balls in a real boring arena--if I wanted that, I'd subscribe to the beIN Sports Channels package on my TV; I want to watch balls-up-the-walls-type cringefests with funny little unfitting and exaggerated GFX and SFX interlaced with a good serving of drama and Gay™ that I don't need to worry my dumb little head to comprehend. Now that's fun. And it's precisely why I ended up loving this. I love Hideto, my little gay yanderes Subaru and Kohei, hellfire-Elmo-lookin' ass Jo and basically everyone in this and I'm going to genuinely miss them. Thank you for your fanservice, Shoot!

This is most definitely going to sink into the depths of Anime Oblivion and/or go unliked and unnoticed for a long time, and several years down the line some Youtube or TikTok (or whatever the fuck people will use then) bloke is going to rediscover this and they're gonna make a video that's titled something like "wHy wAs ThiS gArBAge eVen mAdE?!??!" and I can confidently answer them right now: For me. It was made for me. For my trashy little raccoon brain that likes garbage and eats it up, this dumbass right here, next question please =)

(I won't forgive them for not giving us a smooch though...even though we were so, so close...I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU AND NEVER ADMIT I WAS BAITED!!! EVEN IF I LIKE BEING BAITED 8''D)
zedtronicSep 24, 2022 11:54 AM
Sep 24, 2022 12:16 PM
Jul 2022
After this ending I don't think there will be a season 2. BUT let's see how much the DVD will sell. If it sells well then there might be a season 2. The fact the show was already done for so long (proof by how the PV had footage from the entire show all the way to the end which is unheard of) makes me think there might be a slight chance for a season 2 but we'll see.
Sep 24, 2022 5:13 PM
Apr 2022
Kokubo sleeping on tsuji's bed with only his shorts on
Since when did they get this far?
Sep 24, 2022 8:44 PM

Feb 2019
Kohei's hot and cold, I tell ya.

And him
lol
Sep 24, 2022 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
5/10

It was like watching a soap opera of poor quality
Sep 24, 2022 11:47 PM
Jul 2022
Only reason I would wanna see a season 2 is if Kohei join Hideto's team. I really thought this was the direction they were going. Ugh.

Also they should have showed us a bit more of Kohei's in Hideto's room. Like what happened afterwards and what was the present he gave him?

Also where was the cat from the ED he never showed up in the actual show 😆😩
dony1060Sep 24, 2022 11:52 PM
Sep 27, 2022 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! they didn't even bother censoring the Pepsi Logo...or maybe it is really paid Ad....
3/5.
5/10. SHOOTO ! so gay! shooto your s*m*n! lolz!

Sep 27, 2022 3:53 PM
Feb 2016
Splendid disastrous fast-food.

You know it's bad for you, but you can't stop eating it.

It's a shameless trope, but I loved Blondie in Shooto's bed.
Sep 28, 2022 2:04 AM
Dec 2021
Frankly, the ending would've been better if Kakegawa finally won. However, the ending is realistic I'd say since an ending is not always a happy one when it comes to sports. I nearly dropped this series when it began, but the development was pretty okay. Welp, I liked it after all...
Sep 28, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2009
Over the top bl drama amsquerading as a sports anime. Like, approximately what you'd get if Try Knights met the trademarkOkada drama, only exclusively bl with no females in sight. Well, at least it turned into unintentional comedy and wasn't even the worst show of the season so 5/10.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 28, 2022 10:58 AM
Sep 2015
Also, this is insert song near the end of the episode, which in my opinion, is better than OP+ED combined.
Dec 16, 2022 6:35 AM
Nov 2012
First series is better than this series. This series like Captain Tsubasa and Aoki Densetsu Shoot mix in together.
Dec 25, 2022 9:39 PM
Jul 2022
Good, but there are so many other better soccer animes out right now.
Feb 14, 2023 8:17 PM

Nov 2007
phantomfandom said:
Also, this is insert song near the end of the episode, which in my opinion, is better than OP+ED combined.

I totally agree, and i think it was the best of the episode and the series
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It's a pity that in the end they didn't kiss and end up having a date, and the bed scene was left halfway, that would have been a "Boys Love" and it would have been more interesting than classifying it as "sports".

Anime with a bad animation
Anime with a bad development
Anime without interest
Anime boring

In general was a bad anime, does not represent the sport of soccer and even in the final, when talking about playing as a team, they all play for one player

Well, 2/10 and thanks

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 3, 2022

11 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 27, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 20, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.