Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2017
So now thanks to the damning newspaper article, the BL-like drama between Kurokawa, Kazama, and Tsuji takes one step closer to awful by making Tsuji quit. What in the hell, just when the Kakegawa soccer team is about ready to take off.

Taking time off with Matsukata of Nomada High, Tsuji would've been a beneficial help to aid his BL-like friend in redefining their team's next generation, but he would not relent. And that news trickled down to the rest of the team, which questions Kurokawa with Kazama handling it on his behalf. When it all comes down to it, Tsuji has been together with Kazama, but Kurokawa is stealing his position that's going back to their childhood days of old, settling this cringe feud to fulfill a dream.

Going to get Tsuji back will be a massive pain for Kurokawa, but the damage has already been done, not to mention the semifinal match that's coming ahead. Tsuji's gonna continue getting scouted by other teams, that's for sure.
Sep 3, 2022 8:33 AM
Apr 2021
Those last 30 seconds had me freaking out. Seeing their modern take on Toshi (the MC of the original Aoki Densetsu Shoot for the majority of people watching this that haven't watched the original) and having him ask the iconic "Do you like soccer?" line that mattered so heavily in the original was so great to see. Even if the rest of the show is way too overly-dramatic and not that good, stuff like this that calls back to the original keeps me invested enough to carry on with it
Sep 3, 2022 8:34 AM

May 2021
Great episode!
The drama is heating up. It is better than White album 2 VN!
This is the best piece of drama I have ever seen and nothing else compares to this wonderful talented masterpiece!
Tsuji is asked by a Nomada club member to join their club so he can play with Kokubo and they would be even better with him. He refuses however. To be honest, that was a pretty nice offer from him though.
Jo faces Subaru in an epic 1v1! They talk to each other about their feelings whilst playing football and wow, it was an emotional tale!
Subaru says he wants to be friends and beside Jo forever and he is playing football because of him.
Jo shouts at him and says that he should play for his own sake and that he won't ever leave him as they are friends!
Subaru and some members of the team start crying all together.
Jo asks where Tsuji lives so that Subaru can apologise to him directly with the article writer who also wants to but when Subaru visits, he isn't there!
The match is tomorrow...
A certain Aoki densetsu shoot character talks to Tsuji about his love for soccer...

WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS THE AMAZINGNESS MASTERFULNESS BEAUTY OF THIS SERIES!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 3, 2022 9:57 AM
Jul 2022
Ugh so no real talk between Tsuji and Kokubo till the final episode it seems. Because he's probably not gonna be at or only have a small role at 11. Then 12-13 the big rematch and probably some convo between them only at the end.

Also I noticed the animators keep making Kokubo look depressed. Wonder what's this about.
dony1060Sep 3, 2022 10:03 AM
Sep 3, 2022 10:09 AM
Sep 2015
It's official, Shoot! is the gayest soccer anime I've ever seen. I feel like, the next step after Tsuji rejoin the team, is that, since now Jo knows Subaru like him, and Subaru knows Jo like him, they have to do something about this fact right? They just can't act like nothing happen right? I hope they actually do something, dating, mating, I don't care what it is, just do it!
Sep 3, 2022 12:34 PM
Jul 2022
I think I just figured something out and if I'm right it will be the first subtle thing this show has done lol because it's usually so on the nose and overdramtic.

We were wondering why Kokubo seemed depressed after Tsuji's team won and I think I just realized why. We all know how... touchy Kokubo can be the way he kept hugging Tsuji after every win when they were kids. Well If you look at Kokubo in this episode after he helped his own team win the practice you see his teammates all happy and high-fiving each other while Kokubo was just slowly walking behind them with his head down looking depressed. Why would he be sad after winning? My conclusion is that Kokubo doesn't have anyone on his new team that he feels close to like he did with Tsuji. No one who will support him or he'll be able to support them back. When he saw Tsuji's team win that game he saw how the whole team came together to cheer him and hug him and I realize now that he was jealous because Tsuji was able to find a replacement to Kokubo on his team while Kokubo wasn't able to find a replacement to Tsuji on his team.

So I think the show is gonna end with Kokubo leaving Nomada and joining Kakegawa to be with Tsuji.

What do you guys think?
dony1060Sep 3, 2022 12:42 PM
Sep 3, 2022 5:09 PM

Jun 2020
Historians will say Subaru and Jo were "friends with a deep, passionate bond;" I say, "TO HELL WITH THAT, THEY'RE GAY YOUR HONOUR."

C'mon, though, for real, they fucking duked it out and then subsequently shouted their love confessions to each other, drowning in snot and tears amidst the rain, like in every classic daytime TV romance melodrama your mom watched back in the day! And you guys still wanna say they're "just friends???" I think not. This isn't merely the gayest soccer anime, this is the gayest gay to ever gay.

Also, can we make a drinking game where every single time something even remotely homosexual happens in this, we take a shot? I feel like that would be loads of fun.

Now I just gotta wait for Kokubo's little blonde gay shenanigans with Tsuji to resume *rubs hands together*
Sep 5, 2022 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
oh no! NO HOMO! i bet phantomfandom would like this!
1/5.

Sep 6, 2022 5:02 PM
May 2016
Imma starts calling this Soap Opera Soccer. I'm not a fan of soap opera XD
Sep 17, 2022 9:19 PM

Feb 2019
Jo and Subaru making up was fine and all, but Subaru's still stuck in his childhood trauma after he was bullied & he never really grew out of that; he just repressed it and since he royally screwed up, he can't even bring himself to apologize to Tsuji for what he did coz he was a jealous prick.

Too much unnecessary drama in this episode, IMO. Hopefully Tsuji accept Subaru's apology, but his trust in him will not be quite how it used to be.
Sep 23, 2022 4:31 AM

Sep 2013
If Kenji doesn't appear at some point i'm gonna freak out
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 21, 2023 9:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Are these guys from high school or kindergarten? since their fights and mentalities seem like those of a 5-year-old baby!

Well, the match, they will play with 10 players only!!1 kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

20 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 27, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 20, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.