Forum Settings
Forums
Land of the Lustrous
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2022 9:13 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
The wait is over, the series is back to monthly serialization!!

And for the newest chapter, it looks like those used to be gems are enjoying their luxurious life in the moon, meanwhile our little boy still suffers on Earth.

Jun 23, 2022 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
I'm currently dying waiting for Black Cat Scans to translate the chapter AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Jun 23, 2022 7:43 PM
Oct 2020
MoonPhos said:
I'm currently dying waiting for Black Cat Scans to translate the chapter AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Black cat is out of business. They won’t be translating it from here on. There are a few shoddy translations out already, but nothing too outstanding.
Jun 23, 2022 8:45 PM

Sep 2017
When Cinnabar said
i was already crying, loved the chapter, its strange to see the lunarian gems lol

Jun 23, 2022 11:11 PM
Jul 2017
Our 10000 year hiatus is finally over and with it came a pretty unwelcoming comeback. How much time has passed in the story between chapter 95 and 96? I might have missed something but is it directly after? Or have a few centuries already passed. If that’s the case, then Phos has really been stuck in that slumped over position all this time… I wonder if given enough time, eventually they’ll “stop thinking” XD
Jun 23, 2022 11:51 PM
Oct 2015
The art is amazing as always the use of negative space in those spreads damn

I would have thought Phos would have newborn gems join it, but seems the lunarians are just taking them and really leaving Phos alone.

Jun 24, 2022 12:06 AM

May 2020
>And it will only take 10,000 years.

Yeah "only"... they always talk as if it being one or two weeks lol. Also these gems, enjoying the heck out of their lives. Phos on the other hand, well nothing much has changed for him apart from the fact that he's been continuously going over sensei's memories for this whole time.

Also just please stop showing sympathy for Phos, after all it was because of you lot he's reduced to this state.
Jun 24, 2022 1:19 AM

Feb 2021
no way I saw the new chapter number and jumped. I'm so glad it's back!

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Jun 24, 2022 1:42 AM
May 2021
Bruh 15 pages after 1,5 years
Jun 24, 2022 1:43 AM
Dec 2015
Ah, yes. Back to monthly suffering and despair. Finally.

And because someone asked how much time has passed since Ch.95: it's no specified, but since they are still talking about the wait being 10.000 years, I'd assume that it plays a few months after Ch.95 - since all the new arrivals (e.g. Cinnebar, Rutile, etc.) seem pretty acclimated to the whole living-on-the-moon-and-also-we-are-spooky-ghost-being-now-thing.

Screw all of them. Even Antarc apparently. Only one to give a shit is Euc, which doesn't surprise me - he/she always seemed to be one of the most empathetic gems.
TheJerkassJun 24, 2022 2:18 AM
Jun 24, 2022 1:59 AM
May 2021
F moon gems, I want to see Phos. I hope next chapter will give us more of her/them
Jun 24, 2022 3:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It's still as sad as before and they're just enjoying their lives while Phos is suffering...
Jun 24, 2022 5:13 AM
May 2021
Uhh I think I have to reread the whole manga I can't difference between the characters now most of them looks the same.Anyway nice start after the hiatus all of them are living peacefully and the situation of Phos looks the same.
Milan-5Jun 24, 2022 5:20 AM
Jun 24, 2022 5:24 AM

Mar 2021
Peak fiction is finally back
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jun 24, 2022 6:23 AM

Jul 2020
FI NA LLEYYYYYYY โœจ๐Ÿงš๐Ÿฟ‍โ™‚๏ธ

I think some thousand years have passed, i need another translation but i think they are saying that another 10.000 needs to pass or something….
The lunarians seems to be living wonderfully, new gems if not all of them, are now lunarians. The admirabilis have evolved into tiny beings. They keep taking away new gem formations and letting phos alone. Everything seems like more than a hundred of years for sure.

So I don’t know if they still want more thousand years or we are in the middle of the ten first ones or wat.

Either way next chapter needs to be Kongo’s memories pleaseeee! And the next one should be the end of the 10.000 maybe??
Jun 24, 2022 7:06 AM

Jun 2016
I can't believe even Antarc doesn't care about Phos lmao, i hope Phos doesn't pray for them and they all suffer for eternity
Jun 24, 2022 8:32 AM

Mar 2021
F all of them. I hope they go to hell

Jun 24, 2022 9:45 AM

Mar 2020
Great and painful chapter as always.
meyve said:
F all of them. I hope they go to hell
agreed. I forgot how much I hate all of them. Even antarc joined them.
nhc9Jun 24, 2022 9:49 AM
Jun 24, 2022 9:49 AM
Jun 2021
I like how Dia is like "Hi Bort i beated the shit out of you, we friends now right?"
Jun 24, 2022 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
Crazy coincidence.

I watched the Houseki No Kuni anime when it released and rewatched it two or three times over the years, because the story is just so gripping.

Three days ago I decided, sort of randomly and after all this time, to finally start reading the manga. I just finished chapter 95 today and then got very confused when a few hours later chapter 96 popped up. I thought the manga had finished and 95 was the ending.

Now I realize it was on hiatus and it came back the literal day I finish reading. As I thought the manga had finished, there was no way I was keeping up with the news around this manga.

Just want to say that I am very excited to see where this story is going to go next.
Jun 24, 2022 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
So glad it's back! I only had to a short while as I watched and read it early this year.
Jun 24, 2022 12:34 PM

Jun 2020
And so the suffering begins again (I guess the PS5 finally broke down)
Jun 24, 2022 12:53 PM

Feb 2021
IT'S BACKKKKK THIS MASTERPIECE OF A MANGA IS BACKKKKKKKk
Jun 24, 2022 1:35 PM
Aug 2013
I wish it was colored ... it is really hard to tell who is speaking especially with the new hairstyles
Jun 24, 2022 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
Are we in it again, guys? Are we in for our monthly dose of suffering and depression? Count. Me. In. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Ten thousand years have passed since I saw the last moon hovering over Phos' head as they continue to be in such a sorry state of what have come from their insatiable curiosity and desire. And the wait may continue as Phos will remain kneeling still and the other gems are enjoying their time on the moon, unthankfully so.

Really, I've come to forget most of the characters. I can only name a few as I see them appear across the pages, such as Antarcticite, Diamond, and of course Cinnabar. It's saddening to see them being... unthankful? Again, my memory is clouded. But seeing them enjoying their time while Phos is alone on earth is quite uncomfortable.

Lastly, we finally have Houseki no Kuni back to our monthly cycle. Now, would anyone please hide that PS5 away from Ichikawa? (And possibly hide any PS6 release news from her as well...) ๐Ÿคฃ
Jun 24, 2022 8:25 PM

Apr 2008
Ugh. It's been so long that I've forgotten most of the story other than the fact that Phos went thru a figurative and literal grinder. Going to have to re-read the series to refresh my memory. ^_^;;
Jun 24, 2022 9:34 PM
Aug 2019
I forgot how much I hated all the moon gems. Ungrateful pieces of shit. And I still can't stand that MF Achmea.
Hopefully no more hiatus and we can keep suffering with every new chapter T_T
Jun 25, 2022 2:33 AM

Oct 2010
I think 10.000 years already passed and Phos is close to becoming the prayer machine, I did not expect Phos to be in the same position and the lunarians recovered all new formed earth gems and also the admirabillis, there is no one on earth right now. Phos will surely pray now that she hates the lunarians and her former gem friends are lunarians also, there's a win-win situation but it's Phos we're talking about
so even Cinnabar was made a lunarian, that cool I guess, I thought she was fully assimilated with Phos, so that means that from the gems we know only Ghost and Lapis are forever dust
Jun 25, 2022 8:49 AM

Sep 2020
I STILL CANNOT FUCKING BELIEVE IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jun 25, 2022 9:05 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
Catalano said:
I think 10.000 years already passed and Phos is close to becoming the prayer machine, I did not expect Phos to be in the same position and the lunarians recovered all new formed earth gems and also the admirabillis, there is no one on earth right now. Phos will surely pray now that she hates the lunarians and her former gem friends are lunarians also, there's a win-win situation but it's Phos we're talking about
so even Cinnabar was made a lunarian, that cool I guess, I thought she was fully assimilated with Phos, so that means that from the gems we know only Ghost and Lapis are forever dust

Just look at how clumsy Cinnabar is when she's about to go to the party, it looks like she still hasn't fully coped with the new life on moon yet. The dicussion later on this chapter between Kongou and Aechmea about their plan with Phos also said "It's hard to tell the difference between 10000 years and 5 billion years". So I guess most likely it's only several months or years passed since then.
Jun 25, 2022 9:28 AM

Oct 2010
kizumi91 said:
Catalano said:

Just look at how clumsy Cinnabar is when she's about to go to the party, it looks like she still hasn't fully coped with the new life on moon yet. The dicussion later on this chapter between Kongou and Aechmea about their plan with Phos also said "It's hard to tell the difference between 10000 years and 5 billion years". So I guess most likely it's only several months or years passed since then.

they said that they recovered the admirabillis and the only left there are the ones that can't think anymore, that can only happen with the process of evolution. also, the chapter is named 10.000 years, sensei said it takes 10.000 years and the lunarians are waiting for the exact day. who knows how much time they tried to fix cinnabar's poison.
the party is held because those 10.000 years are close to end
CatalanoJun 25, 2022 9:32 AM
Jun 26, 2022 4:45 AM

Jan 2018
Catalano said:
who knows how much time they tried to fix cinnabar's poison.

They don't need to fix cinnabar's uncontrollable poison since they turned her (and every other gem) into a lunarian.

Even gems are aware on how ungaretuf pieces of shit they are I guess. Cinnabar told she was bothered of not feeling bothered leaving Phos to 10000 years of loneliness.

And I bet whatever Aechmea and Sensei will propose to Euc to do smth for Phos will once again be something fucked up
Jun 26, 2022 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
FiendishChan said:
Catalano said:
who knows how much time they tried to fix cinnabar's poison.

They don't need to fix cinnabar's uncontrollable poison since they turned her (and every other gem) into a lunarian.

Even gems are aware on how ungaretuf pieces of shit they are I guess. Cinnabar told she was bothered of not feeling bothered leaving Phos to 10000 years of loneliness.

And I bet whatever Aechmea and Sensei will propose to Euc to do smth for Phos will once again be something fucked up

what I was trying to say is that the lunarian transformation can't be that easy and it was a pain to collect all cinnabar pieces from earth and maybe they had to fix her poison before transforming her but I'm just theorizing here, nothing concrete but it may be as easy as we saw in amethyst transformation.
Jun 26, 2022 5:22 AM

Jan 2018
Catalano said:
FiendishChan said:

what I was trying to say is that the lunarian transformation can't be that easy and it was a pain to collect all cinnabar pieces from earth and maybe they had to fix her poison before transforming her but I'm just theorizing here, nothing concrete but it may be as easy as we saw in amethyst transformation.
Seems Lunarians collected all shards from Phos' gemocide off screen and brough to moon. It would certainly take time to sort the pieces out, but they have the tech to sort gem dust scattered on the surface of the moon. We don't exactly know how long has it been since everyone abandoned Earth, but there is certainly a time skip
Jun 27, 2022 8:22 PM

May 2019
I need help to figure who is who now. This 10.000 years of hiatus is too hard for the memory (good for you who is binging the manga just now).

Anyway, since they become futile ghosts in the moon (Land of Superfluous lol) there's nothing interesting anymore about the (ex)gems.

Is there any mistery left? I feel like there is not anything more to develop in the plot. Maybe the manga will be finished with more 2 or 3 chapters (but if so, why the mangaka spent 1 and half year in a hiatus?)
Jun 28, 2022 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
ugh i'm so happy it's finally back <3 no matter how it continues i'll be happy
Jun 28, 2022 4:21 AM

Jun 2020
I've been waiting for over a year for this!! Even though they seem to feel bad for Phos personally I wouldn't pray them out of existence

Jun 29, 2022 7:18 AM
Jan 2021
Reading this felt really strange like most of the time also looks like I'm gonna reread the whole series since there's a lot of things that i didn't remember and i barely recognized everyone
Jul 1, 2022 3:45 AM
Oct 2020
Might re-read the manga later, had a hard time recognizing everyone.

So happy that we finally got a new chapter after a long hiatus.

Yeah, I hate all of those Gems on the moon. Bunch of ungrateful bastard.
Jul 4, 2022 4:33 PM

Feb 2021
Senjuuu said:
Might re-read the manga later, had a hard time recognizing everyone.

So happy that we finally got a new chapter after a long hiatus.

Yeah, I hate all of those Gems on the moon. Bunch of ungrateful bastard.

Same for everything !!
Jul 7, 2022 9:24 AM
Jan 2021
AyumiVk said:
I can't believe even Antarc doesn't care about Phos lmao, i hope Phos doesn't pray for them and they all suffer for eternity

I Hope too…they didn’t deserved to be free. Phos deserves better
Jul 23, 2022 8:32 PM

May 2018
Inheritance process? Does this mean Phos is going to become the next Kongo-sensei? With the Lunarians living their best lives, I seriously doubt they're wanting to be prayed out of existence now. This would be the best time for Phos to wake up and pray so hard that the entire galaxy crumbles while the Lunarians lament as they dissolve into nothingness.
Ittan_MomenJul 23, 2022 8:37 PM

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jul 26, 2022 9:38 AM
Oct 2020
Wait new chapter wow.

Ok I maybe need to reread everything. I can barely remember everything
RexnihiloJul 26, 2022 9:45 AM
Aug 19, 2022 3:19 AM

Apr 2022
Ashhk said:
It's still as sad as before and they're just enjoying their lives while Phos is suffering...

i hate those mf gems fr
phos my beloved
Oct 12, 2022 3:11 PM
Aug 2017
fuck moonies
all my homies hate moonies
Nov 18, 2022 7:24 PM
Apr 2017
Lmao fuck these people. For real.
May 3, 2023 11:13 PM
Jul 2017
Fuck those ungrateful gems, even you antartic why why why ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jun 28, 2023 7:27 AM
Jul 2020
This is fucked up. Fuck everyone, phos deserves so much beter
Feb 23, 12:55 PM

Oct 2017
People move on, that's the reality of things.
May 29, 3:47 PM

Oct 2014
Pain. Phos is right up there for fictional characters you'd least want to trade lives with. This would be such a weird series to reread now that I hate every character other than Phos.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

2 by Amatsukaze24 »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

3 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 29, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 88 Discussion

orangeskull - Mar 25, 2020

21 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
May 29, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

4 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 29, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Houseki no Kuni Chapter 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

1 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 29, 10:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.