Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 13, 2022 8:39 PM

Feb 2021
Frogdude59 said:
PikaboyTK said:

That is literally the worst way to watch Steins;Gate. There's no reason to stop the original to watch 0 in between. It doesn't even make sense chronologically.

Just quoting my friend. Thats how he phrased it and it worked. I don't see what the problem is as it makes sense to me chronologically. Mayuri was the guide at the fork in the road. Her action or inaction decided which path Okabe travels. If she did nothing, the SG0 timeline begins. And I obviously disagree. Why else would they include the part from SG in SG0 after Mayuri does her thing?

The reason why it doesn't make sense to insert S;G 0 in between S;G is because it doesn't take place in between S;G. S;G 0 is pretty much a prequel as it follows the Okabe who has already failed to save Kurisu and couldn't watch the video from his future self. That's why they probably named it 0 as well, 0 is the past and 1 is the future.

If one is really hell-bent at watching entirety of Steins;Gate in "chronological" order, then the best order would probably be S;G upto ep 22, Missing Link, S;G 0, S;G again all the way to the end.

Regardless, Steins;Gate 0 is supposed to be watched in its entirety after finishing all of Steins;Gate.
Apr 14, 2022 1:41 AM

Mar 2022
Steins; Gate has a loophole...that's why Steins; Gate 0 was released..sorry my bad english
Apr 14, 2022 4:14 AM

Apr 2020
You should watch it. Obviously not as outstanding as the first season because it was a masterpiece but 0 is still great. Watching 0 gives you more perspectives and understanding about the story.
Apr 14, 2022 12:02 PM
Mar 2022
PikaboyTK said:
Frogdude59 said:

Just quoting my friend. Thats how he phrased it and it worked. I don't see what the problem is as it makes sense to me chronologically. Mayuri was the guide at the fork in the road. Her action or inaction decided which path Okabe travels. If she did nothing, the SG0 timeline begins. And I obviously disagree. Why else would they include the part from SG in SG0 after Mayuri does her thing?

The reason why it doesn't make sense to insert S;G 0 in between S;G is because it doesn't take place in between S;G. S;G 0 is pretty much a prequel as it follows the Okabe who has already failed to save Kurisu and couldn't watch the video from his future self. That's why they probably named it 0 as well, 0 is the past and 1 is the future.

If one is really hell-bent at watching entirety of Steins;Gate in "chronological" order, then the best order would probably be S;G upto ep 22, Missing Link, S;G 0, S;G again all the way to the end.

Regardless, Steins;Gate 0 is supposed to be watched in its entirety after finishing all of Steins;Gate.

The "Milky-way Crossing" ending causes the divergence into the Steins Gate as Okabe instructs himself how to do what he did after he failed. Same as the games. This divergence SG0 Okabe creates is what allows SG Okabe to enter the Steins Gate. SG0 starts as if he hadn't been told how to save Kurisu and ends with the divergence back into the Steins Gate timeline
Apr 14, 2022 12:55 PM
Nov 2016
Jesus Christ, not this again, don't recommend the Chronological Order to new people, and by the way, that order is not even Chronological in the first place.

The Chronological Order has ruined it to some people, I've never heard the Release Order ruining it for anyone but I've heard the Chronological Order ruining it to some people since you are basically stopping the climax and the best part of Steins;Gate to watch a new slower, mediocre anime in the middle of it, the pacing will get ruined, just stop recommending that crappy Chronological Order.

And on top of it, not everyone will like Steins;Gate 0 so the Chronological Order will ruin it for them 100%, I'm one of the few people that dislike Steins;Gate 0 and trust me, that shitty Chronological Order would have ruined it for me as well.

Just let people enjoy the anime the way it was intended to be watched with the Release Order and NEVER suggest anyone to watch that crappy Chronological Order since there's a chance that their experience will get ruined with that crappy order.
xZabuzaxApr 14, 2022 1:09 PM
Apr 14, 2022 12:55 PM

Dec 2021
definitely does not ruin the original Steins;Gate, I liked how it expanded upon it actually. is it as good as the original? nope. it has a lot flaws (the predictability, characters being ooc, every girl's boobs doubling in size in just four months), but they're nothing major so it's still an enjoyable watch. so yes if you want more Steins;Gate watch this, but remember to watch Episode 23B before this as it basically sets the stage for Steins;Gate 0
Apr 15, 2022 1:25 PM
Jul 2021
Taidus said:
It's like the ending to Erased, It gets crazy but it's still worth the watch!

There is no way you compared it to the ending of erased. the ending was top notch and some episodes including the final episodes are like 9.8 rated
Apr 15, 2022 1:27 PM
Jul 2021
oddeyez said:
Like the title says. I've heard people say that this ruins the original anime and the characters, but I've also heard people say it's as good as the original. As someone who loved the original I just want to hear everyone else's takes on this

It doesn't ruin it, it literally just makes it twice as good. It's just as amazing as the first season but the peaks are even better. And idk who says it ruins it because it has the perfect ending and also this isn't really a spoiler but the whole thing is just taking place in a different world line so it doesn't effect the original.
Apr 17, 2022 8:49 AM
Jun 2016
watch it now!!! but only after watching the first series
Apr 17, 2022 1:35 PM

May 2016
Frogdude59 said:
PikaboyTK said:

The "Milky-way Crossing" ending causes the divergence into the Steins Gate as Okabe instructs himself how to do what he did after he failed. Same as the games. This divergence SG0 Okabe creates is what allows SG Okabe to enter the Steins Gate. SG0 starts as if he hadn't been told how to save Kurisu and ends with the divergence back into the Steins Gate timeline

What you fail to understand that Okabe gets the video message in Ep1, meaning that 0 already happened when S;G starts (a D-Mail can only come from a previous worldline)
-
Apr 17, 2022 1:38 PM

May 2016
nishiziq0 said:
Steins; Gate has a loophole...that's why Steins; Gate 0 was released..sorry my bad english

No, Steins;Gate doesn't have any loopholes.

And the reason Steins;Gate 0 was made is to earn money after the sales of Chaos;Child didn't turn out as good as Mages expected (though parts of 0's story started to release in 2010)
-
Apr 17, 2022 11:02 PM
Mar 2022
SciADV_Maniac said:
Frogdude59 said:

What you fail to understand that Okabe gets the video message in Ep1, meaning that 0 already happened when S;G starts (a D-Mail can only come from a previous worldline)

No I get that. Time is linear where you follow one line from the past travelling to the present, but not travelling from the present to the future because it diverges. Episode 23β best explains the divergence and my episode ordering. I believe it is a full length episode, but 23β explains what I'm trying to explain here as it serves as the prequel to SG0. It takes the events of ep23 and shows how SG0 was made possible. Then, as I explained before, SG0 loops back to SG and finishes with SG ep 25. Loop complete
Frogdude59Apr 17, 2022 11:08 PM
Apr 18, 2022 12:20 AM

May 2016
Frogdude59 said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

No I get that. Time is linear where you follow one line from the past travelling to the present, but not travelling from the present to the future because it diverges. Episode 23β best explains the divergence and my episode ordering. I believe it is a full length episode, but 23β explains what I'm trying to explain here as it serves as the prequel to SG0. It takes the events of ep23 and shows how SG0 was made possible. Then, as I explained before, SG0 loops back to SG and finishes with SG ep 25. Loop complete

But that's not how chronologically goes. That's why the order makes no sense. 0 doesn't "loops back" to SG, at the end there is still a few iterations away when S;G Okabe reaches SG

23b is also not a prequel to 0 anime, even the dates are contradicting each other (23b: Okabe meets Amadeus on Nov 28th, 0 anime: Dec 11th). 23b was purely a marketing to Steins;Gate 0 VN.

And 0 anime is also a sequel to 0 VN, not its adaptation
-
Apr 18, 2022 12:28 AM

Oct 2019
oddeyez said:
Like the title says. I've heard people say that this ruins the original anime and the characters, but I've also heard people say it's as good as the original. As someone who loved the original I just want to hear everyone else's takes on this

it does some thing very wrong and some things very right.

the show jumps around being dog shit, ok, good, very good and masterpiece that lives up to the original.

is it shit? yes some of the episodes and moments are just straight up garbage

is it amazing? also yes, 0 has some of my favorite moments in anime out there. i say it's best moments are even better than the best moments of the original.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 18, 2022 12:49 AM
Mar 2022
SciADV_Maniac said:
Frogdude59 said:

But that's not how chronologically goes. That's why the order makes no sense. 0 doesn't "loops back" to SG, at the end there is still a few iterations away when S;G Okabe reaches SG

23b is also not a prequel to 0 anime, even the dates are contradicting each other (23b: Okabe meets Amadeus on Nov 28th, 0 anime: Dec 11th). 23b was purely a marketing to Steins;Gate 0 VN.

The SG wiki says otherwise on 23β being a prequel for SG0. Along with how we start SG0 on the rooftop and return to that point in ep24 I'm going to agree to disagree on that point. For the dates, its been a while since I played either VN, but I remember SG happened in the summer and ended in the summer. The entire ordeal happened over two or three weeks, but still remained in summer. SG0 I think began in the last few days of November, first few days of December. Suzuha also clearly is anxious with Okabe not wanting to time travel because she can only travel so far back with the amount of fuel she has. With Okabe vowing to never time travel, that date is reaching the outer limits of her travel capabilities, but she can still get back to that flashpoint of where Okabe has to make a decision
Frogdude59Apr 18, 2022 12:52 AM
Apr 18, 2022 1:07 AM

May 2016
Frogdude59 said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

The SG wiki says otherwise on 23β being a prequel for SG0. Along with how we start SG0 on the rooftop and return to that point in ep24 I'm going to agree to disagree on that point. For the dates, its been a while since I played either VN, but I remember SG happened in the summer and ended in the summer. The entire ordeal happened over two or three weeks, but still remained in summer. SG0 I think began in the last few days of November, first few days of December. Suzuha also clearly is anxious with Okabe not wanting to time travel because she can only travel so far back with the amount of fuel she has. With Okabe vowing to never time travel, that date is reaching the outer limits of her travel capabilities, but she can still get back to that flashpoint of where Okabe has to make a decision

Wiki is not an official source. 23b was purely made for marketing reasons back in 2015 to promote the release of the VN.

S;G0 VN begins at the end of November, that's correct, and that is aligned with 23b where there is an after credits scene Okabe meeting Amadeus on Nov 28.

I'm talking about the anime, which starts on Dec 10th. That's clearly a contradiction with 23b, so 23b can't be a prequel to 0 anime.
-
Apr 18, 2022 2:33 PM
Mar 2022
SciADV_Maniac said:
Frogdude59 said:

Wiki is not an official source. 23b was purely made for marketing reasons back in 2015 to promote the release of the VN.

S;G0 VN begins at the end of November, that's correct, and that is aligned with 23b where there is an after credits scene Okabe meeting Amadeus on Nov 28.

I'm talking about the anime, which starts on Dec 10th. That's clearly a contradiction with 23b, so 23b can't be a prequel to 0 anime.

Maybe it was a production error, maybe it was intentional. I don't know. I do know that we're going in circles here. I've presented my points, you've presented good evidence too and we are still at an impasse. Let us let OP read through our chat and they can decide how they want to watch it.

Thanks as well. I love talking about how people interpret time travel media. Like this interaction, I haven't found someone who follows time travel the same as me so the your insight was enlightening
May 25, 2022 12:47 PM
Mar 2016
Honestly. I hated this show. I wanted to love it. I kept waiting for it to get good. I'd say the thing that holds it back the most structurally is that it's designed to be an interquel where everything must be self-contained. Honestly, if this anime were completely stand-alone with original characters, I would rate it more highly. But unfortunately, it's distinctly tied with the original. The movie, while screwing around with the laws of the universe, was much better imo.

For a more in-depth breakdown of why I dislike the show.
May 26, 2022 2:17 AM

May 2016
Darkdaxter said:
Honestly. I hated this show. I wanted to love it. I kept waiting for it to get good. I'd say the thing that holds it back the most structurally is that it's designed to be an interquel where everything must be self-contained. Honestly, if this anime were completely stand-alone with original characters, I would rate it more highly. But unfortunately, it's distinctly tied with the original. The movie, while screwing around with the laws of the universe, was much better imo.

I see that many of your problems arise from that you've expected that this show is only dependent on the TV show called Steins;Gate... (which is actually a reasonable expectation from anime only customer). The fact is that this is TV show is nothing like that. It actually serves as a final route to the visual novel called Steins;Gate 0. The VN also works like this: the separate routes don't address all of the brought up points. However, the routes combined together are forming the great picture.

Kagari is not Kurisu's future daughter btw. They are not related at all
-
May 27, 2022 5:07 AM
Nov 2016
Darkdaxter said:

I completely agree with everything you said but you forgot to mention the best things regarding Steins;Gate 0 so you need to give at least credit for it, and here they are:

*Samurais
*Action Scenes
*Super Powers
*Forty-something cat girls saying Nyah while gunning motherfuckers

How can you forget about that man? it's obvious that WE ARE ALL WATCHING Steins;Gate 0 for those stuff I mentioned, when I saw Samurais killing soldiers with a sword when they are shooting at you with machine guns I was blown away, way too badass! when i saw Kagari dodging bullets and slashing heads off with her bare hands, my god, this anime deserves to be in the top 3 and not to mention, the action scenes are AWESOME!!!111oneone!!two and milf cat girls saying Nyah with perfectly cute spiral hair and gunning mother fuckers... priceless!

It's not sarcasm... I swear. Ok, maybe just a bit.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2018

213 by TheMangaManiac »»
Yesterday, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2018

333 by Agathusian »»
Jun 12, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

220 by Twerms »»
May 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 13 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

35 by Twerms »»
May 22, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

106 by Domeoryx »»
May 22, 8:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.