Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 11, 2022 11:43 PM

Apr 2020
personally, i think senpai's voice was spot on, same with yoshi. nagatoro's va did a good job although i do still prefer the japanese version.
Jan 11, 2022 11:53 PM
Sep 2021
pastelpeachii said:
personally, i think senpai's voice was spot on, same with yoshi. nagatoro's va did a good job although i do still prefer the japanese version.

Same, i prefer the Japanese version too
Jan 11, 2022 11:54 PM
Sep 2021
The Dub it's fine overall

Tho I find it hilarious how they gave nagatoro a black VA even though she's Canonically white

Before anyone misunderstands anything, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG with a black person dubbing a person not of his race, what i find funny is that they obviously chose a black VA for nagatoro because they thought she was black lol
Jan 12, 2022 12:01 AM
Dec 2021
I'm good, no need for that
Jan 12, 2022 12:37 AM
Oct 2020
Dub is fine but after watching sub it is like ok ok
But if someone only watch dub instend of sub he will not say it's bad
But again after watching sub, the dub don't sound that interesting
It pains me to say as i am originally a dub viewer, "The sub is better"
Jan 12, 2022 12:44 AM
Jul 2021
All the characters had a good dub except nagatoro, her senpai doesnt give the same enegry has the sub one.
Jan 12, 2022 1:31 AM

Jan 2021
Haven't watched it so I don't know

But I'll probably not like it since I don't really like dubs
Error: there Is a 1/2 Day delay in this signature
Jan 12, 2022 3:26 AM
Jan 2022
I like it but Nagatoro is sassier than I expected. Not in attitude or action because well duh, but tone.
Jan 12, 2022 5:09 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
I like the voices so far, but nagatoro's voice is much better in Japanese.
Just the way she says senpai 🤌
Jan 12, 2022 5:43 AM
Jan 2021
I still prefer the sub version, however the German Dub did a good job with the voices so far. However, I am not that sure about Senpai. The voice fits well, but it's just not the voice as I imagined it to be. Nagatoro had a suprising voice as well but it fit pretty well and went even beyond my expectations.
Jan 12, 2022 9:10 AM
Mar 2021
I think the VAs are a good fit. They sound the way I expected them to. I will say when it comes to Nagatoro's VA, I hope she adds more flare to her performance as the series goes on. She's got a great voice and I think she needs to push the envelope a little more. That's my one critique overall.
Jan 12, 2022 12:16 PM

Oct 2020
Generally I always watch dubs as it’s easier to have them on in picture-in-picture while I play games, but with Nagatoro I couldn’t wait to watch it so I watched the sub. So perhaps I’m biased having watched the sub first, but I really didn’t like any of the dub cast much. The Japanese voices actually sounded really close to how I imagined the characters would sound when I read the manga.

The dub cast just don’t sound right to me. Senpai isn’t too far off, and Gamo-chan is OK, but Yoshi and Sakura don’t seem as fun (I particularly miss the slightly stoned-sounding performance of the Japanese Sakura).

Nagatoro is where I think it really falls down. The dub voice just doesn’t have the range that Uesaka Sumire brought. She isn’t maniacal enough when Nagatoro laughs loudly and doesn’t seem to do the quieter, more mumbly voice like when Nagatoro is spelling her name on Naoto’s chest.

I’ll definitely keep watching and I’m sure I’ll get used to the new voices, but my initial reaction was not very positive. Also, I think they really should have launched the first three episodes at once, I’m sure we’re going to be in for another torrent of complaints about bullying from people who have only seen one or two eps.
Jan 12, 2022 3:42 PM
Oct 2019
I didn't like it very much but that might just be because I watched the subbed version first. It just makes the dub sound weird.
Jan 12, 2022 4:29 PM

Mar 2011
It's not the worst dub I've heard, but it's still pales to the sub like most series.
Jan 12, 2022 7:59 PM
Aug 2020
As someone who usually watches dub, I hate it. (I watched it subbed while it was airing)
Jan 13, 2022 5:14 AM
Jun 2021
I personally prefer dubs most of the times but this time i feel like sub is better.
Something about her jap voice when she's teasing him....
Also when i heard the "senpai" in dub i instantly closed it, it made me cringe idk why. No hate to the voice actor tho.
Jan 14, 2022 6:28 AM

Dec 2019
All english dubs suck dick.
Jan 14, 2022 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
Haven't watched the anime, but saw a few clips of the dub. The voice acting seems well done.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 21, 2022 8:34 AM
Aug 2014
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Tho I find it hilarious how they gave nagatoro a black VA even though she's Canonically white

Before anyone misunderstands anything, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG with a black person dubbing a person not of his race, what i find funny is that they obviously chose a black VA for nagatoro because they thought she was black lol

Bruh did you really just refer to a Japanese girl as white? You claim that Crunchyroll obviously thought Nagatoro was black, how stupid do you think the staff at Crunchyroll is? You’re clearly the stupid one here, talking black and white like the show doesn’t take place in Japan. A black VA won the part because the staff thought she did the best job not because Crunchyroll thinks Nagatoro is black too Lmfaoooo
Jan 21, 2022 9:08 AM
Sep 2021
Domitian said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Bruh did you really just refer to a Japanese girl as white? You claim that Crunchyroll obviously thought Nagatoro was black, how stupid do you think the staff at Crunchyroll is? You’re clearly the stupid one here, talking black and white like the show doesn’t take place in Japan. A black VA won the part because the staff thought she did the best job not because Crunchyroll thinks Nagatoro is black too Lmfaoooo

Wow you're giving crunchyroll so much credit

Also no it's obvious why they chose the black VA for the job
Jan 21, 2022 9:19 PM
Jun 2021
Senpai dub is ok
Nagatoro dub is literally garbage. Wtf is a sunpai? I don't know how people can watch this show in dub.
Jan 21, 2022 9:30 PM

Oct 2018
Saimatsu_Fan said:
Domitian said:

they chose a black VA because her voice was best suited for the roll. you're a moron if you think it had to do with anything else

Jan 21, 2022 10:25 PM
Sep 2021
G1llette said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

they chose a black VA because her voice was best suited for the roll. you're a moron if you think it had to do with anything else

Yeah yeah, keep telling yourself that
Jan 21, 2022 10:41 PM

Oct 2018
Saimatsu_Fan said:
G1llette said:

Every single time a black VA gets casted people like you think there's some hidden motive behind it. It wouldn't matter if they deserved the roll or not you would always have an issue with it either way because to you everything is about race. It's a goddam voice actor, how much of a fucking idiot do you have to be to think that a black voice actress got chosen because the character is tanned.

Jan 21, 2022 10:52 PM
Sep 2021
G1llette said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Every single time a black VA gets casted people like you think there's some hidden motive behind it. It wouldn't matter if they deserved the roll or not you would always have an issue with it either way because to you everything is about race. It's a goddam voice actor, how much of a fucking idiot do you have to be to think that a black voice actress got chosen because the character is tanned.

Because it basically happens all the time

Also I'm........ I'm not obsessed with race lol

People who get offended when a black Character isn't played or voiced by a black Character are the ones you're talking about ( which happens all the time, like with Sonny boy's dub )
Jan 25, 2022 3:42 AM
May 2021
When did this dubbing started? Will we get dub on all the episodes or something happened which i'm not aware of?
Jan 25, 2022 3:43 AM

Aug 2020
ngl I don't mind it, but it's super sus

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jan 27, 2022 3:44 AM

Oct 2020
I'm starting to like the dub cast more (or I'm starting to get used to them). That said Gamo-chan blurted out Nagatoro's full name when Senpai shouldn't learn that until next season, which is a bit careless of the translators.
Feb 6, 2022 12:03 AM
Oct 2019
Saimatsu_Fan said:

well, somebody already said it, but it's worth repeating that the ethnicity of a character is something that can be pretty easily answered for studios

aside from that, i don't think the va sounds black anyways (not that all black people sound the same...). and even if they did, who cares? just weird for someone to make this a "thing"
Feb 20, 2022 5:44 AM
Apr 2021
All the voices made me want to gag especially Nagatoro’s. She sounds like a cutesy ass little kid. Idky they would cast that VA anyways she barely has any decent roles.
Feb 23, 2022 1:37 AM

Oct 2020
Just watched the latest Dubatoro (episode 7) and it’s just not getting any better. Gamo-chan once again says “Hayase” in front of sensei, I look forward to seeing what ridiculous hoops the dubbers will have to jump through when Season 2 airs and the whole subject of Nagatoro’s given name comes up.

I know most dubs like to Westernise names and have characters use the given names over the family name, but in this case it’s going to cause a noticeable problem.

I still can’t quite put my finger on why Dubatoro just isn’t working, it’s like she’s still trying to make Nagatoro a bully, she hasn’t transitioned the performance to be the affectionate teasing that it should be at this point.

The shooting gallery scene in this episode is a good example of where her tone of voice is too bullying. In fairness Dubatoro isn’t terrible the whole time, there are some scenes where she gets it right, but most of the time the performance is mis-judged. I don’t necessarily even blame the VA, the director should have been giving her better notes on the performance.
Feb 24, 2022 2:20 PM

Nov 2017
gurochanuser said:
All english dubs suck dick.

True that, except for the older dubs from the 80's to early/mid 2000's
Mar 4, 2022 1:40 PM

Jul 2021
The dub is okay. Not great. There are pauses in the dialogue that make it obvious that the VAs were in the recording studio at different times. They don't sound like they're talking to each other.

Dub isn't awful but the sub is the way to go.
Mar 22, 2022 2:11 AM
Apr 2021
Dub isn't awful but the sub is the way to go. [/quote]
barsoapguy219 said:
The dub is okay. Not great. There are pauses in the dialogue that make it obvious that the VAs were in the recording studio at different times. They don't sound like they're talking to each other.

Dub isn't awful but the sub is the way to go.

That’s exactly what I thought. Just didn’t feel like the dialogue flowed too well.
Mar 22, 2022 10:18 PM
Oct 2019
the dub is good to me
Mar 29, 2022 2:49 PM
May 2020
i am about to start the dub, last episode dropped like an hour ago. i will come back to this discussion after i finish season.
Mar 30, 2022 11:15 PM
May 2020
SixPathsMarcus said:
i am about to start the dub, last episode dropped like an hour ago. i will come back to this discussion after i finish season.

i just finished the last episode and this is perfect. i enjoyed myself with every episode, the voicing cast did an incredible job. they fit the characters so much.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.