Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is i am the only one who is going to very disappointed if mappa changed or alter the ending from manga??(may contain spoilers)

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 16, 2021 5:10 PM
Feb 2021
The sole reason is, when a author/mangaka wrote a story have all the rights to create the ending as well even if you like it or not,and as we all know that ishiyama works day and night on aot for last 13 years and aot is something that was closest to his heart and if mappa changed the ending then they just straightforwardly disrespecting and hurting ishiyama a lot so I don't think they just have to make another ending just to satisfy some toxic fans who just literally sends death threats to ishiyama for his own creation,and I felt like every story is like a person life it has a final destination and you can't redo the moments just because you don't like them.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Oct 16, 2021 5:32 PM
Apr 2021
Nah, they shouldn't change the ending, absolutely not.
Oct 16, 2021 5:41 PM
Apr 2021
Fiction is subjective, not everyone views fiction the same way. I liked the ending, or to be clear it was one of the best endings I’ve ever seen. Sure, the toxic fandom would hang me for this. But I’m pretty sure there are other people who loved the ending as I did. I’m sure MAPPA won’t change the ending and that’s for the best, because it was close to perfection.
Oct 16, 2021 5:57 PM
Nov 2019
Anas_hani said:
Fiction is subjective, not everyone views fiction the same way. I liked the ending, or to be clear it was one of the best endings I’ve ever seen. Sure, the toxic fandom would hang me for this. But I’m pretty sure there are other people who loved the ending as I did. I’m sure MAPPA won’t change the ending and that’s for the best, because it was close to perfection.

I didn't like the ending and have my own complaints and nitpicking about it and when I think more about it I feel it may actually have ruined some of the story points...
But I won't hang you for liking the ending, it's really simple, people can have different opinions and we should embrace everyone's opinion and I totally believe it would be disrespectful to Isayama if Mappa decided to change the ending. Yeah, I may not like the ending, you may hate Isayama after the ending, but after all you shouldn't forget he delivered a great story sans the last 3 chapters maybe.

I do really believe anime-onlies will be more accepting of the ending than manga readers, because I believe manga readers "including me" tend to overanalyze everything because of the huge waiting time between the chapters like, come on, we even considered simple details - that have nothing to do with anything like the editor's notes - as foreshadowing.
Oct 16, 2021 6:27 PM
Oct 2020
I feel like they should definitely expand on the ending. Cuz it felt like Isayama gave us only what we needed while he’s always given us something much much more
Oct 16, 2021 6:49 PM
Sep 2021
I loved the ending and if they change it I’ll commit arson (I won’t actually)
Oct 16, 2021 7:16 PM

Aug 2020
SaltySoyMan said:
I loved the ending and if they change it I’ll commit arson (I won’t actually)

Don't make jokes with arson in the anime community.
Oct 16, 2021 8:18 PM
Jul 2018
I 100% agree , but some dumb people say its not disrespecting , anyways I don't think they'll change the ending at any cost
Oct 16, 2021 8:21 PM
Jul 2018
N0-0NE2 said:
Anas_hani said:

I didn't like the ending and have my own complaints and nitpicking about it and when I think more about it I feel it may actually have ruined some of the story points...
But I won't hang you for liking the ending, it's really simple, people can have different opinions and we should embrace everyone's opinion and I totally believe it would be disrespectful to Isayama if Mappa decided to change the ending. Yeah, I may not like the ending, you may hate Isayama after the ending, but after all you shouldn't forget he delivered a great story sans the last 3 chapters maybe.

I do really believe anime-onlies will be more accepting of the ending than manga readers, because I believe manga readers "including me" tend to overanalyze everything because of the huge waiting time between the chapters like, come on, we even considered simple details - that have nothing to do with anything like the editor's notes - as foreshadowing.
it's my first time encountering someone who don't like the ending but isn't toxic , nice to meet people like you
Oct 16, 2021 8:51 PM

Dec 2020
Not really cause wit also altered many scenes tbh. Also if aoe happens yams would definitely will be involved in it mappa alone can never Do a aoe. But Even though aoe doesn't happens mappa should atleast remove some panels and improve dialogues of final chapter to make the ending less horrible.
Oct 16, 2021 8:58 PM
Oct 2021
If its bot the same as the manga i feel like it would be a disappointment
Oct 16, 2021 9:01 PM

Jan 2009
what makes you think they will change the ending?
Oct 16, 2021 11:20 PM

Aug 2021
Spoiler warning down...!! *********

So I got spoiled that Mikasa kills eren at end .. I don't know about anything else (I am happy about that I don't know in detail..) so I would actually like that mappa changes the ending
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Oct 17, 2021 12:04 AM
Jul 2018
DarkGamerA said:

So I got spoiled that Mikasa kills eren at end .. I don't know about anything else (I am happy about that I don't know in detail..) so I would actually like that mappa changes the ending

if i were you my opinion would have been the same as you ,but the experience i have of getting spoiled and not liking the story at that time then watching that thing animated and liking it make me wanna tell you to just wait and first watch the entire story of what happened before that then maybe your opinion will change
Oct 17, 2021 12:27 AM
Apr 2021
I kind of hope they do it would be better but we all know they won't well either way I don't really care
Tokyo ghoul is a great manga with a trash anime adaptation

Oct 17, 2021 12:36 AM

May 2021
try to expand upon the ending(execute it better)? yeah
Change the ending all together? probably not

Oct 17, 2021 1:06 AM
Feb 2021
The ending is not bad IMO but it is indeed rushed. So I would like MAPPA to add more scenes to explain the ending better and keep the manga ending.
Oct 17, 2021 1:11 AM

Jan 2020
I'm not even a manga reader, but I just want the series to be faithful to the source material until the very end. I guess it'll lose its charm if they change that at the last minute. I think Isayama once said that the anime is the end product, so it's up to him.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Oct 17, 2021 1:31 AM
Jun 2015
The anime version has the potential to be better than the manga given Isayama is known to give input to the anime studio to improve things he didn't like about the original. I personally find AOT to be a story where I am a lot more hesitant to like certain developments when reading them in the manga but for some reason fall in love with them when they're presented in the anime. I've known others to feel this way as well so I think it's quite possible the final season of the anime will have a better reputation than the ending chapters of the manga. I got the impression from the end of the manga that Isayama was perhaps exhausted with writing and illustrating the story (though that could be an entirely untrue assumption) but given he has expressed some regret about how he portrayed the themes at the end of the story, it's possible he worked alongside the anime studio to make these themes more clear and accurate to his vision.
On the other hand, anime season storyboards have to be completed early on in the production, which means they were done for the final season part 2 before Isayama released the final chapter of the manga, so who knows if they even had any time to think up a new way to portray the events.
Oct 17, 2021 1:35 AM

Aug 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
DarkGamerA said:

if i were you my opinion would have been the same as you ,but the experience i have of getting spoiled and not liking the story at that time then watching that thing animated and liking it make me wanna tell you to just wait and first watch the entire story of what happened before that then maybe your opinion will change

its true that aot has never disappointed me and is my second fav anime after gintama so I believe that its gonna be great af but its the rumors and spoilers.... u know...
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Oct 17, 2021 2:52 AM
Feb 2021
deg said:
brother I clearly wrote "if" because alternate ending was demanded by some of fans

Oct 17, 2021 2:54 AM

Jan 2009
shivamrajput958 said:
deg said:
brother I clearly wrote "if" because alternate ending was demanded by some of fans

99.9% the ending of the manga will not change for the anime

if you believe in opinions of those people then you must believe in my opinion too especially that we are thinking the same here
Oct 17, 2021 2:57 AM
Feb 2021
deg said:
shivamrajput958 said:

99.9% the ending of the manga will not change for the anime
yeah but we already seen some very major changes in ending in the past so possibility is always there.

Oct 17, 2021 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
While the ending wasn't into my liking but that's my personal opinion and the show is not made solely to entertain 1 person (me) so I would prefer Mappa being loyal to the manga ending.

And Mappa don't have the rights to change major things like the ending without the consent of Isayama.
Oct 17, 2021 6:35 AM
Aug 2018
No, they must not change the ending, they must adapt loyally what the manga did, from the beginning to the end. The ending wasn’t even close to terrible for me. This will not be the case of TPNs2 where it did way worse compared to the manga.
Reviewing is not easy.
Oct 17, 2021 6:57 AM
May 2021
kiraki969 said:
No, they must not change the ending, they must adapt loyally what the manga did, from the beginning to the end. The ending wasn’t even close to terrible for me. This will not be the case of TPNs2 where it did way worse compared to the manga.
but the thing is..tpn manga is so good and the anime ruined all of it.. in the case of aot, the ending is already bad and if they try to change it I don't think it would be good either. Mappa just needs to be loyal to the manga and adapt it No matter what response the manga has from the fans.
Oct 17, 2021 7:03 AM

Jan 2021
99.99999% chances that they aren't gonna change the ending.

No need to worry
Oct 17, 2021 7:08 AM

Jul 2019
It is what it is. If there'll be modifications and clarifications to the ending.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 17, 2021 7:13 AM
Oct 2021
I am will be happiest person in the world if the change or alter the ending
Oct 17, 2021 7:34 AM

Sep 2020
keep the ending, just wait that yams probably would make another ending like anno did for eva who dissapointed in the ending, other wise this would be an apeshit.

oh yeah and don't forgor about anime onlies, im14yrsoldandthisisdeep
Oct 17, 2021 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
Why should someone take you seriously if you have a Tokyo Revengers pfp?

Let them elaborate the Ending if not change.
Also your favs list (Except Death Note) just made me contemplate Humanity
Oct 17, 2021 10:56 AM
Mar 2021
Why would they change the ending? That would be really dumb. Are ppl actually asking for this?
Oct 18, 2021 2:33 AM
Aug 2021
Anas_hani said:

Don't worry man. I am also the guy who liked the ending. I gotchu
Oct 18, 2021 7:01 AM

Oct 2010
they should just change some dialogues and we're good, the ending was ok but the written text was absolute garbage, looked like it was written by a guy who never wrote in his life
Oct 18, 2021 11:23 AM
May 2019
yeah mostly the one who disappointed with the ending is speedread the manga.
the ending is not that bad. this is what aot keep since beginning.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

541 by devotaku »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

283 by Orochimaru9 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.