Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why people think that a character who cry or whiny is weak or badly written?

Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 16, 2021 10:36 AM
Mar 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
TanakaTarou24 said:
hey hey, I don't really care if they cry or not as long as they're good written. Okay I'm joking. There's a limit to bitching lol. At some point it becomes seriously annoying. Thank fucking god deku stopped it during the earlier seasons. Who tf says takemitchi cries a lot? He cries once in a while but he doesn't cry that much. He might be the one who cries the most in Tokyo revengers but fuck no, it's not even that much. I didn't dislike eren in the earlier seasons for his crying. Honestly until this post came I didn't even notice that he cried quite frequently. But what annoyed me about eren was he was hyperactive wannabe most of the time in the earlier seasons. He was not stable. And that too to an extreme extent. I haven't seen evangelion so I don't know about Shinji. I haven't seen fate either so idk about this sakura of yours.
I respect with your opinion and I think people just nitpicking about eren character because maybe they have different character they like in the show or when the show gets popular some people starts hating because it's gets more recognition than their favourite show.
sorry but I'm not nitpicky. If s1-s3 eren was a guy I knew irl, I'd be really annoyed asf being around him. I don't really care about the popularity and bs surrounding it. I like what I like. I don't what I don't
Oct 16, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2020
I dislike him not because he is a crybaby but for how little he contributes to the plot. Due to some random plot convenience the very little thing he does ends up in becoming something major. Side characters like Mikey or Draken are more useful than him. I'd say Draken should've been the main character.
-He is likable
-Has a compelling backstory
-Has a stronger dynamic with Mikey than Takemichi has with his so called "delinquent friends"
-Is actually strong and doesn't make unbelieavable statements like Takemichi.
I literally cried out with laughter when Takemichi said "He'll become the top leader of Toman" Dude, first he has to defeat "The invincible Mikey" in order to go to the top. He is even more annoying than Deku.
I do think Takemichi has more room t for development but all the annoying stuff he did in the past cannot be forgiven at least to me.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 16, 2021 10:55 AM
Feb 2021
TanakaTarou24 said:
shivamrajput958 said:
I respect with your opinion and I think people just nitpicking about eren character because maybe they have different character they like in the show or when the show gets popular some people starts hating because it's gets more recognition than their favourite show.
sorry but I'm not nitpicky. If s1-s3 eren was a guy I knew irl, I'd be really annoyed asf being around him. I don't really care about the popularity and bs surrounding it. I like what I like. I don't what I don't
offcourse i have no problem with your opinion and not liking and Hating are two different things.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Oct 16, 2021 11:04 AM
Mar 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
TanakaTarou24 said:
offcourse i have no problem with your opinion and not liking and Hating are two different things.
I see. But I hate what I hate is something I should've mentioned before
Oct 16, 2021 11:24 AM

Oct 2019
In my opinion, it's because Takemichi's development is very slow. With all the things that happened, it seemed that it was still not enough to be able to strengthen his mentality. Even slower than Subaru. Also, the scene of Takemichi crying too much, to the point where it should be dramatic, becomes disturbing.
Oct 16, 2021 11:46 AM

Dec 2020
It's not that they think a character who cries is badly written is that a character who ONLY CRIES AND DOES NOTHING ELSE OTHER THAN JUST CRY IN BAD SITUATION IS BADLY WRITTEN
Oct 16, 2021 12:39 PM
Sep 2020
It's annoying to them
Oct 16, 2021 1:12 PM

Sep 2015
Because most of them are kids. Both mentally and physically
Probably the same people that like your generic harem dude who gets all the girls without doing shit

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Oct 16, 2021 2:03 PM
May 2019
I don’t think anyone by default thinks whiny = bad. I generally love whiny characters. Takemitchy happens to be the rare exception for me. I think he’s a poorly written character, but I don’t mind that he’s whiny.
Oct 16, 2021 2:40 PM

Nov 2020
shivamrajput958 said:
I have seen many people who hates character like deku, takemitchi, Shinji (evengalion),sakura(fate),eren(in early seasons) just because they cry or whiny in some ways but I like that type of characters and when you think about it you find all these characters are below the age of 18 the start eren and sakura was even less when they seen worse so at that age human brain was not fully developed so when emotions came out I felt that was more natural in my opinion.and they are not bad characters in any ways they do what they can .

For me I don’t think they are badly written. But I did start to dislike takemitchi towards the end because there’s no development. Like eren used to be so whiny but he gets so good. Takemitchy’s onky solution is to cry and it’s like it’s in a loop at this point.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Oct 16, 2021 5:37 PM
Jul 2021
I don’t like mcs why cry or whine because it’s boring and annoying seeing them cry instead of think of a solution. I know some of these characters are young but I don’t know anybody Deku’s age who whines that much and with how old takemichi is he should not be crying and whining that much. It’s just annoying to see him crying every episode or so because when they cry that much it has less and less weight for me unless it’s about something really important
Oct 16, 2021 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
Because guys crying is seen to be quite pitiful and repulsive. There are times when that is understandable though, like Shinji from Evangelion.
Oct 16, 2021 5:52 PM
Nov 2020
Fragile masculinity is the answer
Oct 16, 2021 10:05 PM
May 2021
Personally the only one I dislike is Takemichi. All he does is cry and struggle until someone stronger than him notices, gets inspired, and then actually does something that can help. And yeah thats fine for the beginning, but throughout the story he doesn't really grow or change. He's not strong or smart or skilled, he's just really empathetic/sympathetic and it feels kinda repetitive and boring to have empathy and sympathy work every single time. Not only that but to me Takemichi feels more like a side character than an MC, and personally he doesn't really motivate, inspire or invoke any sort of feeling in the audience (or at least me) like an MC like Tanjiro (Demon Slayer) does for example.
Oct 16, 2021 11:13 PM
Jan 2020
Don’t take tension because in next season a strong crybaby is coming
Oct 16, 2021 11:20 PM
Jul 2018
Maybe they like mc that don't cry more.
Oct 16, 2021 11:43 PM

Jan 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:
If the person hates Sakura Matou, their opinion is automatically invalidated.

preach bro. gotta protect that smile.
Oct 17, 2021 7:59 AM
Apr 2021
I also feel like most people when put in those situations would cry, its a natural reaction to the fucked up shit some of those characters go through. (But the main reason people dont like it is because anime-watchers are stupid and cant use their brain)
Oct 17, 2021 9:52 AM
Aug 2020
Because that's just bad writting. When luffy cried everyone cried with him. Try to relieve the moment, that loss he suffer his whole world died for that day. Thats was good character. He cried for days but no body hated that because it has emotional buildup.
When see Tanjiro cry in movie to see his family and he decides to leave them again thats when people cried.
Crying is very strong emotion you just can't tell people that this guy had bad childhood so he is sad so you should also be sad. Writer have to make audience become the character and suffer with the character.
Character just crying as a character trait is just bad writing. Unless its kid nobody who is capable to live themselves would simply cry everytime something bad happens. This is not a way rise the stakes. The stakes should already be high in first place to make character absolve in despair.
Idk why eren was mentioned, because for world he is in and for the burden he carried it was natural for him to cry. Though that loud crying voiceover was bad.
Oct 17, 2021 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Imagine loving Attack on Titan and Tokyo Revengers at the same time

Fans like you are the reason others can't take the Attack on Titan Fandom seriously

Tokyo Revengers has the worst cast in all of fiction.
Trashmichi never learns from his mistakes and it feels like he got Stockholm Syndrome.

Grow up kid
This is even worse than God of High school
Oct 21, 2021 11:24 PM
Jan 2015
Vasco1001 said:
A lot of people don't understand how writing works. They just want shitty op self insert protagonists

Seems like people really love their generic self-insert loser protagonists (Takemichy) instead. Really ironic. The main character represents the social status of most of the losers who watch this trash.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2021

104 by Tamima10 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

111 by Tamima10 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

166 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 13, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

113 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 13, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

139 by Tamima10 »»
Jun 13, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.