Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2021 8:16 PM

Jun 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is a truly exceptional movie. I've read that there were quite a few differences in the original webtoon (Tales of the Unusual), such as Yaeji getting a deeper backstory and also other secondary characters like Miri (the rude celebrity) and her manager (the creep molester). Even the roles of certain characters have changed such as Yaeji's surgeon is orignally an art student.

Jan 1, 2022 9:42 PM

Jun 2012
I'm surprised how under the radar this is. Only 300 members on MAL as of now. It was a fun horror anime movie. Would watch again. My only gripe is I think they could have spent more time on making the ending more horrific.
Shoot first, think never.
Apr 25, 2023 8:24 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
I thought this was a perfect blend of horror and societial criticism, lol.
I wish there were more scenes of her feeling guilt for
the one they included was great.
May 6, 2023 7:59 PM

May 2018
That was one of the thrilling movies I've watch, and I really love how I was shocked everytime they tried to show gory stuff. Really enjoyed this horror movie, kind of reminds me of Perfect Blue.

Jun 8, 2023 7:06 PM

Dec 2015
Kind of cheesy horror, but in a good way, it was entertaining, and it kept me watching from start to finish.
Jul 28, 2023 12:27 PM

Jun 2021
So she ended up as a part of his body. And alive with only face? I'm not missing anything am I?
How is that even possible, I mean without a brain! And He could've taken other body parts besides face but perhaps that won't be horror enough...

Truly an unexpected movie and ending, would've been better if it was more 2D.
Yandere_@lover
Jul 28, 2023 3:16 PM

Jun 2015
OP_Rider said:

How is that even possible, I mean without a brain!
You're missing the point. The show presented a surreal depiction, offering an alternative conclusion to Yaeji's wish to be loved. Ironically, she received what she asked for but not in the exact way she desired.

If you're expecting realism and scientific accuracy from a premise about a cosmetic product that instantly turns people beautiful using human meat, then you're watching the wrong title.
Nov 8, 2023 6:19 PM
Mar 2019
Be careful what you wish for.
She became worse than the People she hated.
No happy ending for her though.
Jan 31, 1:33 PM

Oct 2016
Very weird but good in what it aimed for "careful what you wish for" combo of psychological thriller and body horror.
Mar 18, 9:45 PM

Sep 2014
I recognized those kdrama posters in the background at their studio (Goblin was obvious but the other 2 were Glass Mask & Nine: Nine Time Travels)
this movie reminded me of Lookism except more horror theme - I just stumbled upon this randomly surprised no one else recommended it with the similar self esteem/society issues
so that beauty water would work more for fat chicks shedding off meat lol someone who was already skinny would literally melt
the stalker plot twist was good but kinda disappointed in the end it just seemed weird why the guy would want a bunch of women's facial features on his own body like that

« »
đź”® Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.