New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2021 4:52 AM

Feb 2020
yes they absolutely exist.
u should take a CT scan and MRI to rule out organ cause

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 11, 2021 8:31 AM

Oct 2018
_Nette_ said:

I dont believe mental illness is even a real thing anymore but instead a natural reaction to how shitty modern society is. Think about it.

You're late to the party OP:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Mental_Illness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revolution_of_Everyday_Life
Jul 11, 2021 8:33 AM

Feb 2020
i mean 'mental illness' is essentially just a term for it. It's always a reaction to something, so you sure do have a point. It's kind of ... complicated i guess

tysm iva-🐢💜

Jul 11, 2021 8:34 AM

Oct 2020
_Nette_ said:
Hear me out on this one, I unlocked the secret of modern society.

I dont believe mental illness is even a real thing anymore but instead a natural reaction to how shitty modern society is. Think about it.

You're either trolling or never graduated high school. Sure, centuries of psychiatric and psychological research, as well as in relation to chemistry (you know, serotonine, dopamine and all that) don't mean shit because a random otaku dreamt a revelation last night. What a joke you are if you're serious. If not, excellent trolling!
Jul 11, 2021 8:41 AM

May 2013
Ghost-Hardware said:
_Nette_ said:

You're late to the party OP:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Mental_Illness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revolution_of_Everyday_Life

Better late than never I say.

@Timebomb420 Mock me all you want, doesn't change the fact the psyciatric industry preys on the weak for their or the government's money.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jul 11, 2021 10:16 AM

Oct 2020
_Nette_ said:
@Timebomb420 Mock me all you want, doesn't change the fact the psyciatric industry preys on the weak for their or the government's money.

This is a whole other thing you're talking about and I doubt anyone denies that most psychiatrists tend to overprescribe medication. It is indeed an industry like you said, so the bottom-line is what counts the most. This applies for any medical field, really.

But saying that mental illnesses don't exist and greedy psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies invented them just to make big bucks is simply absurd and ridiculous.

LATER EDIT: saw that you mentioned you've been diagnosed as schizophrenic. I'm really sorry to hear that, but I actually met someone like you last year who also believed they're completely sane. Delusion is part of the symptoms. It might sound rough and insensitive, but your beliefs most likely stem from your mental health condition. Don't get mad at me, I am also diagnosed with clinical depression and it took a while to come to terms with it, so I can understand your way of thinking to a certain degree.
Timebomb420Jul 11, 2021 10:19 AM
Jul 11, 2021 10:41 AM

Mar 2021
Timebomb420 said:
_Nette_ said:

This is a whole other thing you're talking about and I doubt anyone denies that most psychiatrists tend to overprescribe medication. It is indeed an industry like you said, so the bottom-line is what counts the most. This applies for any medical field, really.

But saying that mental illnesses don't exist and greedy psychiatrists and pharmaceutical companies invented them just to make big bucks is simply absurd and ridiculous.

LATER EDIT: saw that you mentioned you've been diagnosed as schizophrenic. I'm really sorry to hear that, but I actually met someone like you last year who also believed they're completely sane. Delusion is part of the symptoms. It might sound rough and insensitive, but your beliefs most likely stem from your mental health condition. Don't get mad at me, I am also diagnosed with clinical depression and it took a while to come to terms with it, so I can understand your way of thinking to a certain degree.

Why not go to the root of the matter then. Why not ask if her beliefs were the same before the diagnosis. Why not find out what caused the mental illness to begin with? I don’t think it’s fair for someone just be branded as mentally ill like a tattoo for their entire lives and have to take prescribed drugs to keep them under control or alleviate symptoms rather than to heal them.
Jul 11, 2021 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
The mental illness industry is nonexistent in my country yet there are definitely people showing signs of sickness, I don't think anyone is profiting from them.
Jul 11, 2021 1:01 PM

May 2010
Hmm, when I had to explore the past behind my and other students family tree, it was noticeable especially during the Soviet occupation many died of suicide or substance abuse so I do believe people suffer from a created environment, specifically consequences of political regime which affected everyone’s personal life and family relationships. And it’s hard to ignore that depression was most likely right next to them going unnoticed, undiagnosed - like it wasn’t ‘’real’’. So I do prefer my mental illenesses real.
Jul 11, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 2020
Yeah, it does. But supposed 'illnesses' like ADHD is complete BS.
Jul 11, 2021 2:55 PM
Oct 2020
As someone who used antidepressants for a brief period of time, it helped me out. It gave me some sense of balance until I could not take them anymore for insurance reasons, and then just read more into philosophy, stoicism, and Daoism. Those books probably changed my life more than anything else.

I guess mental illnesses exist, but mostly as something to help understand how we feel about things. If there was no clear definition for depression and schizophrenia, then how would we know why we behave the way we do? Nothing written about mental health is an absolute truth; it can only suggest what to do when dealing with certain behavioral conditions. You'll have to mostly figure out what to do with what you know and hopefully find your way around with friends, family...or medical professionals...
Jul 11, 2021 3:40 PM

Jun 2015
ehhh

depression isn't only external
internal chem imbalances exist

anxiety doesn't have to be a reflection of outer things either
my anxiety is basically just physical pain and inability to control myself
like i wake up in the morning with a pile of bricks on my chest
can't breath, cant think
or when i try to stop talking about something bad, and i just can't

but it's not really fear of the fucked up world

i do agree tho that our environment is really bad and it breeds these things
but all a mental illness is is a mental state that becomes harmful to you or others
it's very broad

Jul 11, 2021 4:23 PM

Oct 2020
SemillaMinoria said:
Why not go to the root of the matter then. Why not ask if her beliefs were the same before the diagnosis. Why not find out what caused the mental illness to begin with? I don’t think it’s fair for someone just be branded as mentally ill like a tattoo for their entire lives and have to take prescribed drugs to keep them under control or alleviate symptoms rather than to heal them.

Dude, you're trying to apply logic to an irrational person. I'm not saying it as an insult, this is how this damn disorder manifests. How can I, a random person from MAL, find out what caused the mental illness from the start when not even experts can't affirm with certainty what the causes are?
The exact causes of schizophrenia are unknown. Research suggests a combination of physical, genetic, psychological and environmental factors can make a person more likely to develop the condition. Some people may be prone to schizophrenia, and a stressful or emotional life event might trigger a psychotic episode.

Sources: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/schizophrenia/causes/ and https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/schizophrenia/symptoms-causes/syc-20354443
I'm pretty sure it would be in everyone's interest to heal them completely since society needs as much people as possible to be fully functional and work. However, such a cure was not found so far. Just like with cancer. Do you really think doctors and pharmaceutical companies actually have a cure for it and just hide it because they want random people to die for some reason?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which continent or country has the most appealing "everything"?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

6 by Stomiks »»
18 minutes ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - 1 hour ago

3 by Stomiks »»
20 minutes ago

» Vent thread. ( 1 2 )

Spooks - Oct 7, 2013

93 by Serafos »»
45 minutes ago

» Is hating on Japan cool on the internet? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Apr 16, 2020

68 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
59 minutes ago

» Some of y'all are wayyy too narrow-minded and pessimisstic because of it

Timeline_man - Jun 6

19 by Noboru »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.