Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 7, 2021 6:08 PM

Oct 2017
Not everyone is extremely horny I guess.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jun 7, 2021 11:27 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
It can really take over a whole scene just for the sake of a panty shot or something like that. Add poor timing and awkward camera angles, and you get something really distracting and annoying. I've seen a number of anime where I think "man, this character is pretty hot, but was it really necessary to show her bending over while the "camera" is between her legs?" So it's not prudishness as some have said in this thread, but how it's executed. There are exceptions, but those are, roughly, the reasons sexual fanservice isn't necessarily my cup of tea, and I prefer the ultraviolence of stuff like Shigurui and Baki.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 7, 2021 11:39 PM

Mar 2019
These are all my subjective opinions, don't expect others to agree,
Too obvious to notice that it is a forced scene.
Breaks the flow, sometimes.
Degrades the character.
Jun 8, 2021 1:52 AM

Mar 2021
the story got serious after i got hornied is meh
Jun 8, 2021 2:04 AM

Jul 2012
Feminism,low testosteron,pseudo intellectualism.
Jun 9, 2021 10:50 AM

Jan 2021
i only hate fanservice if it interrupts the anime or is out of place (fire force cough cough), but i imagine it's mostly people who are too proactive about their self image and reputation, as if their grandma is gonna find their MAL list or think any rando on MAL gives a shit if they like 2d titties or not
smile B)
Jan 7, 5:24 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to Hitsuran
Feminism,low testosteron,pseudo intellectualism.
@Hitsuran
+1
+Sigma
+SJW/Woke

Because most of them are brainwashed by.......... and they are proud of it! if you say something else you are a bad guy / nazi / virgin / wanker / ETC!
I just want to remind them Anime is just an entertainment product and even voice actors are adults!
I think in recent years the word "beauty" has changed too much for some people and they can't simply enjoy a painting of a beautiful woman! hardcore fan service outside of anime (tv series/movies that are not anime) looks annoying but not in Anime because it's just a painting(ART!)!

Sometimes some ecchi anime look dumb but it's just the taste! some comedy anime have dumb comedy style and some people love it! some ecchi anime have dumb ecchi style and some people like it! stop hating and stop saying bad words to people because they enjoy some animated painting! you are not better than someone else...!
IAmAnimeEnjoyerJan 7, 6:25 PM
Jan 7, 5:29 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I don't care that they don't like it. I just hate it when they complain about it all the time. Like, no one cares. Shut up and watch something else.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Jan 7, 5:40 PM

Mar 2008
Intolerance to the reality of the human body and matter of fact of sexuality and intolerance to the Japanese culture.
Jan 7, 6:10 PM

Oct 2013
Either;

They don't like the sexuazation of women
They think they age of the characters makes it weird
They don't like nudity in general
They'd rather see more manservice (or male character fansevice)
Jan 7, 6:14 PM

Feb 2010
oh boy fanservice thread no 157637534363466574.

because people have different tastes.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jan 7, 6:45 PM

May 2021
Many fan services don't do much to the story. If I want to see good fan service im either going to watch some proper ecchi like Prison School, or I'm going to the hub. If its just some average show and it has a lot of fan service, then I think I dislike them
Jan 7, 6:46 PM

Apr 2016
I don't mind it but sometimes it's unnecessary
Jan 7, 9:10 PM
Dec 2020
their scared of big ol anime tiddies
Jan 7, 9:22 PM

Mar 2008
Zimmu said:
Many fan services don't do much to the story. If I want to see good fan service im either going to watch some proper ecchi like Prison School, or I'm going to the hub. If its just some average show and it has a lot of fan service, then I think I dislike them

Not all fanservice is sexual. A lot you won't even notice is there because it's not intrusive. It can add to characterization sometimes, though on occasion it goes against a character's behaviour.

FanofAction said:
Either;

They don't like the sexuazation of women
They think they age of the characters makes it weird
They don't like nudity in general
They'd rather see more manservice (or male character fansevice)

I always found the term "sexualization" super weird considering people are sexual by nature. How do they think humans reproduce? That isn't just me being particular to semantics rather they often seem to be in denial on the reality of presence of sexuality in some places. Other times they are the one's sexualizing a scene that the creators and Japanese audience largely dont see as sexual so they are the very pervs they are trying to condemn, such hypocrisy. It's so bizarre.
Jan 7, 9:36 PM

Oct 2013
@traed People have always been weird about sexuality and other "taboo" topics. Thats why our media rating systems are so messed up.
Jan 7, 9:50 PM
Nov 2021
Sometimes annoying fanservice ruins a good show.
Jan 7, 10:14 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to FanofAction
@traed People have always been weird about sexuality and other "taboo" topics. Thats why our media rating systems are so messed up.
@FanofAction
Oh yeah I know. I had watched some documentary on the MPAA rating system for US films and it has such a weird history of arbitrary rules and unequal standards for male and female nudity and heterosexual versus homosexual content and sex versus violence.
Jan 7, 10:19 PM
Jan 2024
Fanservice is there for the sexually frustrated. It's people that want to see sex in everything and the writers know it. Writers use this device to keep the hornballs' attention just as they use other ploys to keep the attention of the rest of us. Sex sells and if it bothers your viewing experience, it's easy to change the channel. Don't give them the fodder and the issue will solve itself
Jan 7, 10:48 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to traed
@FanofAction
Oh yeah I know. I had watched some documentary on the MPAA rating system for US films and it has such a weird history of arbitrary rules and unequal standards for male and female nudity and heterosexual versus homosexual content and sex versus violence.
@traed Not to mention you can show full man ass and keep a PG-13 rating, but you can't say more than one "fuck". Actually, I think I've heard if you say "fuck" in a sexual context, even just once gets you the R.
Jan 7, 11:24 PM

Mar 2021
Dije said:
Why people hate fanservice?

Fanservice has pretty much been a staple part of Japanese Anime since the 70s. It's been around in Japanese Anime even before the term "fanservice" was ever even coined.

People who hate on fanservice in Anime are basically hating on something that is a fundamental part of Japanese Anime. It would be like someone hating on guitars when they claim to be a rock music fan.
Jan 8, 1:34 AM

Sep 2023
I'm don't hate Fanservice, but when a female character's intire personality is just "lol boobs and vagena" and she doesn't do nothing relevant throught the story or she is not interesting then you just using fanservice to hide the fact that you are a shit writter, lmao.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

89 by BilboBaggins365 »»
3 minutes ago

» Watching the same anime over and over again

otaku2000anime - 5 hours ago

9 by Sports_Friday »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - Jun 3

39 by Rinrinka »»
19 minutes ago

» Does it REALLY matter if media gets ruined?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

10 by FanofAction »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is sound design in Anime

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

7 by Rinrinka »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.