Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 29, 2021 10:36 AM
Mar 2021
He’s not bad, he kinda has to be like this in order for the anime to actually be good, but an Mc that’s worse if the Mc from rent a girlfriend
Jun 6, 2021 4:07 AM

Aug 2017
Snudge said:
Kazuya Rent a Girlfriend
Yeah, geez that guy was bad.

Senpai here is not as bad as many other anime. He's improved after the first few episodes.
Jun 6, 2021 6:31 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
there must be nothing but Zoomers commenting if i haven't seen

https://myanimelist.net/character/35659/Ichika_Orimura

been mentioned yet

also.. this guy isn't even that bad, and thats coming from someone who's not even looking at the guy
Jun 6, 2021 6:36 AM

Sep 2020
Hikari Tsutsui from 3D Kanojo. It was a mix of both him and the girl who were bad but man yeah he got the girl but every 10 seconds he would think bad about something.
Uh Yuki from Future Diary who basically let his life be control by Yuno.

Honestly I don't think the MC is that bad of an MC yeah he gets flustered and embarrassed but at least he isn't one of those MCs that will literally have like 10 girls in front of him being all sexual and he just runs away.
Jun 7, 2021 4:41 AM
Aug 2008
Avinash_rtw said:
Pathetic? Yes spineless ? Yes
Atleast he isn't trash like p*do mc
From mushoku tensei.so yeah he is not worst but he is still bad though but nagataro is nothing like takagi or usakichan she is way worse

actualy the main story is about the trash MC change to "better" in mushoku tensei. Well the author made some bullshit, cus guys dont give a fuck about females till 12-13 (average)... but he is pretty usefull and funy one
Jun 7, 2021 5:36 AM

Oct 2015
Csaba said:
Avinash_rtw said:
Pathetic? Yes spineless ? Yes
Atleast he isn't trash like p*do mc
From mushoku tensei.so yeah he is not worst but he is still bad though but nagataro is nothing like takagi or usakichan she is way worse

actualy the main story is about the trash MC change to "better" in mushoku tensei. Well the author made some bullshit, cus guys dont give a fuck about females till 12-13 (average)... but he is pretty usefull and funy one

I'm so sick of hearing this shit. If "changing for the better" means not sexually assaulting little girls because you don't need to when they're apart of your harem isn't changing for the better.

Also the MC isn't 12 - 13. He's a mid-40s man.
Jun 11, 2021 7:22 AM

Aug 2020
no, i tink itou makoto from school days still takes he cake
Jun 11, 2021 10:55 AM
May 2015
Nagatoro is a piece of shit. She gets overlooked for being a female. This shit IRL just would not fly
Jun 11, 2021 10:32 PM
Mar 2021
StevieDeezy said:
This guy has got to be the most spineless and pathetic MC ever written in the history of anime. The guy cant even convey a coherent sentence to other humans his age much less show any kind of character. Dude is about as deep as a cardboard cutout.

Does this MC rank as the most pathetic of all MC's ever? I say yes or close 2nd
takemitchi from tokyo revenger, an action shonen anime/manga but the mc literally cannot fight at all.But for this anime, This is just a romance anime, its ok for naoto to be like that.
Jun 12, 2021 2:42 AM
Jun 2009
This is an anime about a socially awkward art nerd getting lucky (?) so the MC is quite appropriate. If he was saving the world with women draped all over him, as in worse versions of Evangelion, etc, it would be unrealistic.
Jun 12, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2021
I can already predict the responses to this thread. Pretty much going to be the guy from rent a girlfriend and deku. Occasionally, Subaru and Shirou.

Jun 12, 2021 4:21 AM
Jul 2019
makoto itou from school days. literally 0 redeeming qualities and that was the point.
Jun 13, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
One only watched 4 episodes but this guy has been decent enough imo.Self insert edgelords like HikkiGAYa are worse imo.
Jun 13, 2021 8:58 AM

Oct 2020
He's pretty bad. Like others have mentioned before, the ones that come to mind are Keyaru (RoH) and Kazuya (Rent A Gf). Keyaru's not spineless like the other two but does have rather unsavoury tendencies if I can call it that lol. As for Kazuya, he as a character improves and generally becomes less shittier. I haven't read (nor do I have any intention to) Nagatoro so I can't say whether or not this is the case for this guy.

And Deku.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jun 13, 2021 9:19 AM
Nov 2020
I honestly don't know why you hate him so much, he's just an introverted nerd guy and with Nagatoro playing with him all the time makes him feel ashamed
Jun 15, 2021 8:17 AM
Dec 2007
SaintZeph said:
He's pretty bad. Like others have mentioned before, the ones that come to mind are Keyaru (RoH) and Kazuya (Rent A Gf). Keyaru's not spineless like the other two but does have rather unsavoury tendencies if I can call it that lol. As for Kazuya, he as a character improves and generally becomes less shittier. I haven't read (nor do I have any intention to) Nagatoro so I can't say whether or not this is the case for this guy.

And Deku.
So, not gonna lie, having read the manga Senpai is FAR from the worst. As a matter of fact, after the last couple of chapters he's probably one of the all time greats. He actually gets character development. Kazuya hasn't had any development in almost 200 chapters. Senpai
That's progress you had to wait for in other rom com greats like Kaguya and Quints.
Jun 15, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2020
GGcc78 said:
SaintZeph said:

And Deku.
So, not gonna lie, having read the manga Senpai is FAR from the worst. As a matter of fact, after the last couple of chapters he's probably one of the all time greats. He actually gets character development. Kazuya hasn't had any development in almost 200 chapters. Senpai
That's progress you had to wait for in other rom com greats like Kaguya and Quints.

I fully agree with you that Kaguya and Quints are both absolutely amazing, and I'd drink to that any day of the week.

Of course, this is my opinion and I do somewhat understand the appeal of this show. Out of 35 shows I was watching this season, I rated this lowest at 3 with Super Cub being next at 3.5/4.

Jun 15, 2021 11:15 AM
Dec 2007
SaintZeph said:
GGcc78 said:

I fully agree with you that Kaguya and Quints are both absolutely amazing, and I'd drink to that any day of the week.

Of course, this is my opinion and I do somewhat understand the appeal of this show. Out of 35 shows I was watching this season, I rated this lowest at 3 with Super Cub being next at 3.5/4.

GGcc78Jun 15, 2021 11:24 AM
Jun 15, 2021 11:32 AM

Oct 2020
GGcc78 said:
SaintZeph said:

GG, I must say, you make a compelling case. And as a manga reader, I'm sure what you say is grounded in a fair amount of truth. If there was a point of contention, it would be that I do think Nagatoro is one of those shows where reading between the lines is detrimental. I do believe it's meant to be a laid back SoL about teasing, and whilst Nagatoro may have insecurities, as most people do, I do doubt it's anything so complex as to warrant such praise.

That being said, you brought up some very strong points. I don't drop anything (manga or shows) ever and I don't intend to start it with this lol. Now you've got me interested in s2 (which I was going to watch anyway x).

Of course, the dialogue and funky theme makes me feel like I'm losing whatever brain cells I have left everytime I put Nagatoro on xD

Jun 15, 2021 3:26 PM

Apr 2014
StevieDeezy said:
This guy has got to be the most spineless and pathetic MC ever written in the history of anime. The guy cant even convey a coherent sentence to other humans his age much less show any kind of character. Dude is about as deep as a cardboard cutout.

Sado Tarō from MM!
Jun 26, 2021 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
I frickin love the MC. All I feel is empathy for him. He's a stoic, he's ethical, but he's all susceptible to becoming irritated, lethargic, and even childish at times -- it's realistic. He was bullied in the past and became secluded, and as a result has a hard time interacting with girls, or anyone his age.

He's so much more different than other MC's. Although I do wanna highlight his appearance. Notably scrawny. Lighter brown hair than the usual black or brunette. SMALL pupils instead of the giant ones. A droopier expression with a shaky frown. And finally glasses, which is a rarity for school boy MC's.

This is SUCH a breath of fresh air and I for one am thinking about making him a favorite character profile on MAL.

P.S. The person who made this thread is entitled to their own opinion, and I think we can all see where criticism might come from whether we agree with it or not. The dude's error was making a whole thread devoted to the topic as opposed to stating it in an episode thread... making a unique thread centered around his opinion is a bit close-minded. Furthermore, he titled it "Name a MC that is worst than this guy" as opposed to something like "Reasons why I (subjectively) don't like the MC". The title implies that the MC is factually bad, and assumes that there aren't many other MC's that are worse than this one -- a bold statement. Assuming it would be a challenge to come up with someone worse than the MC is just too close-minded. I respect their opinion and see where they're coming from, but it's also obvious why so many people are quick to shut them down.

=====

Another excursus, but I think the MC has a lot of character. Even if he is pathetic, he has more persoanlity and character than a lot of the cliche MC's that are only there as a vessel for waifus to cling on to. Empty, hollow, run-of-the-mill, all-encapsulating SELF-INSERT males that lack any depth.
Plus, we see the senpai start off as PEAK patheticism in the first episode, but then we witness the beauty of character progression. And it's done right, and is executed gradually, but it's also incredibly visible and we see him making strides. Each episode shows him becoming more and more comfortable around Nagatoro and her friends. Every once and awhile, he does something bold -- which shows he's making progress and is overcoming his introvertedness and insecurities -- with the help of the dominating and aggressive underclassman. The facade is that she's a bully but is actually indirectly helping him come out of his shell.

We eventually see the senpai standing up to snotty male classmates who are 'harassing' the girls, taking Nagatoro by the hand to a firework spot, inviting Nagatoro on a (future) outing afterward, etc. Not so pathetic, as most of my American classmates wouldn't even do that. Although that's, in part, due to the antisocial digital age we live in.
removed-userJun 26, 2021 12:20 AM
Jun 26, 2021 8:33 AM

Apr 2018
Definitely voting for Makoto from School Days. Not only because he's a blank slate of a character without a decisive bone in his body and about as much character as polished plywood. He is also a close contender for the most incestuous harem mc award considering at least four of the people he slept with are his nieces (Sekai, Setsuna, Kazuha and Futaba). And that's just in School Days alone. Then again his best friend and classmate Taisuke is also his uncle so I guess the game was rigged from the start.
Jun 26, 2021 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
And that's anything new in romance genre? There are a lot of mc's like this. Maybe you are new and haven't watched enough stuff and thats why u r overreacting.
Jun 26, 2021 10:17 AM

Oct 2020
kazutrash from rental girlfriend . The fact that he has way less character development in almost 200 chapters and 12 eps currently than nagatoro mc is actually sad.

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Jun 26, 2021 10:30 AM

Nov 2016
He's enjoying himself, tho. So Chad in my book. To me it feels like guys who can't stand paisen are just mad, because when they were bullied in high school, it looked quite different.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2021 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
FMmatron said:
He's enjoying himself, tho. So Chad in my book. To me it feels like guys who can't stand paisen are just mad, because when they were bullied in high school, it looked quite different.

Sir, murder is forbidden by law in all civilized countries and you just committed genocide.

Do you have anything to say to defend yourself?
Jun 26, 2021 4:30 PM

Nov 2014
Nishigi said:
StevieDeezy said:

takemitchi from tokyo revenger, an action shonen anime/manga but the mc literally cannot fight at all.But for this anime, This is just a romance anime, its ok for naoto to be like that.
It's a story about being the underdog, of course he can't fight.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2021 6:03 PM
Jun 2021
StevieDeezy said:

Sure buddy saying that make you really smart and totally not a narssasist or lying about this anime because you just want twitter point or anything
Jul 21, 2021 2:57 PM

Oct 2008
The MC from "Rent a Girlfriend" was worse in my opinion.
Aug 9, 2021 5:18 PM
Jul 2020
Hes not that bad. He grows to be more brave. It shows that Nagatoros bullying is working on getting Naoto out of his shell. Thats how character development works guys. Its only one season and you cant tell me the same thing after you read the entire manga. I didnt but i can only imagine hes gonna be better. Hes pretty realistic but its taken pretty far sometimes. But these comments are pretty dumb.
Aug 9, 2021 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think this guy is THAT bad... I mean, he was shy and introverted to begin with. And he got a bit better at the end of the anime. I can think of a lot of worse MCs than him, like the one from Kimi no Iru Machi
Jan 29, 2022 5:54 PM

Dec 2021
Shinji wins this free
Jan 31, 2022 2:27 PM
Jul 2014
Deku from Hero Academia

Boruto

Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul

Meliodas 7 deadly sins

Natsu

Like there's 99 thousand MC that are worse than him. You see him change in just 12 episodes and become a bit more confident. Now S2 will show us if it's going to be better or not and if they progress.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.