Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 12, 2021 4:50 AM
Jan 2020
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san. Stop toying with me Nagatoro-san is the major running translation. Honestly the MC is a major snowflake. Sure bullying is wrong. However if you recall girls tend to pick on guys they like, and vice versa. MC needs to find his balls and stand up to himself. From experience I can say that when you are no longer an easy target, a bully moves on to someone else. I had 2 bullies in gradeschool, one in highschool. They didn't last long.
Apr 12, 2021 4:58 AM

Dec 2018
I don't get the "she made the MC cry" argument. The MC is the kind of person to get overwhelmed when he looks at someone in the eyes, of course he would cry at the first inconvenience
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 12, 2021 5:04 AM
Jan 2020
Im_Stuff said:
I don't get the "she made the MC cry" argument. The MC is the kind of person to get overwhelmed when he looks at someone in the eyes, of course he would cry at the first inconvenience

He'd probably cry if his favorite weekly manga wasn't in jump. He's a wimp.
Apr 12, 2021 5:21 AM

Dec 2019
Yeah he is an absolute pussy
Apr 12, 2021 5:27 AM
Apr 2021
If the anime stays true to the manga you’ll enjoy it a lot and senpai has amazing character development
Apr 12, 2021 8:37 AM
Jul 2018
Im_Stuff said:

over exaggeration for the sake of story, you know typical anime stuff for weebs to relate to.
Apr 12, 2021 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
Im_Stuff said:
She pushes him pretty far to get to that point, at least much further than good natured teasing goes, and she isn't even remorseful after making him cry, she relishes in his tears, only returning to civility when she is getting ready to leave. It's understandable that people aren't comfortable with bullying if they just wanted to see something more like teasing, but that will change quickly, so all of this drama is pointless.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 12, 2021 2:12 PM

Oct 2015
There was once a time when tsunderes were the most hated anime characters in the West. My have times changed if this is everybody's new waifu.
Apr 12, 2021 2:21 PM

Dec 2018
LostSpectre said:
Im_Stuff said:
She pushes him pretty far to get to that point, at least much further than good natured teasing goes, and she isn't even remorseful after making him cry, she relishes in his tears, only returning to civility when she is getting ready to leave. It's understandable that people aren't comfortable with bullying if they just wanted to see something more like teasing, but that will change quickly, so all of this drama is pointless.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. To me in this episode, there was one thing that was going out of the "friendly banter" bounds, the rest was fairly normal trash talking and messing around, only amplified by the MC's exaggerated reactions.
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 12, 2021 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
Im_Stuff said:
LostSpectre said:

I guess it's a matter of perspective. To me in this episode, there was one thing that was going out of the "friendly banter" bounds, the rest was fairly normal trash talking and messing around, only amplified by the MC's exaggerated reactions.
Yeah, you might be out of touch with reality if you think that's completely normal behavior towards a stranger.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 13, 2021 9:23 AM
Feb 2021
1RonanRB said:
If the anime stays true to the manga you’ll enjoy it a lot and senpai has amazing character development

I'm hoping we see it in later episodes soon. He is a huge wimp, but it would be amazing to see him stand up for himself more often. Here's to hope!
Apr 13, 2021 10:21 AM
Dec 2020
LostSpectre said:
Im_Stuff said:

Yeah, you might be out of touch with reality if you think that's completely normal behavior towards a stranger.

I hope you won't try to argue with someone with a different opinion, I've seen you do that before. I don't want things to get ugly like it did in every thread relating to the anime so far..
Apr 13, 2021 10:35 AM
Aug 2020
Honestly, we should just ignore this show. Setting aside the whole bullying thing, it's really dull. Go watch To Your Eternity instead.
Apr 13, 2021 10:55 AM
Jan 2020
Honestly, the defining moment to me for this show is when she asked: "Don't you get mad, Senpai?"

Not having read the manga I can't say for sure, but to me it's pretty obvious that Nagatoro likes the main character and wants him to be more assertive with himself. You can argue that she goes too far sometimes but I think that's what her motivation is.

I believe that the mission statement of this anime is that it's NOT okay to act like the main character and to retreat at all signs of conflict. And I'm sure that his character will grow to understand that. At least, that's what I hope for.

As a side note, I find it interesting that the creator made Nagatoro seem like a typical 'gyaru'. You can even sense to MC's prejudices when he mentions not liking to deal with "those types" of people.

It seems pretty harsh right at the beginning, but I'm confident that this show will have a good message at the end.
Apr 13, 2021 4:32 PM

Jan 2013
bluesunnyfox said:
LostSpectre said:

I hope you won't try to argue with someone with a different opinion, I've seen you do that before. I don't want things to get ugly like it did in every thread relating to the anime so far..
That's up to the person with the bad opinion, now isn't it?
Apr 13, 2021 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
MoonDragon72 said:
Honestly, we should just ignore this show. Setting aside the whole bullying thing, it's really dull. Go watch To Your Eternity instead.
I mean... nothing has actually happened yet, just an introduction to the two main characters, we haven't even seen the faces of the supporting cast, etc.
Apr 13, 2021 5:25 PM
Aug 2020
LostSpectre said:
MoonDragon72 said:
I mean... nothing has actually happened yet, just an introduction to the two main characters, we haven't even seen the faces of the supporting cast, etc.

Good, I don't want to see. This show is a waste of time. Although if I was 14 or something, I would definitely love it since this type of shit does pander to that demographic
Apr 13, 2021 5:39 PM
Feb 2018
Anime with war, killing ppl, genocide: wow good anime

Anime with bullying friend : wtf this show is shit

Mal logic LOL
Apr 13, 2021 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
firstawahono said:
Anime with war, killing ppl, genocide: wow good anime

Anime with bullying friend : wtf this show is shit

Mal logic LOL
Your logic is flawed for a number of reasons, but most important is that people don't think bullying is anywhere near as bad as murder, the point is that it makes Nagatoro come off looking like a crazy bitch, so not only is she unlikable for destroying this poor unsuspecting dude, but then you also hate the guy for being such an absolute wimp. The problem is that those people are taking the show too seriously, it needs to be viewed through the perspective of a comedy, so you don't need to feel bad about it, just laugh at the absurdity of it. Plus, the first few chapters are supposed to be misleading, none of this will matter at all 10+ chapters in.
Apr 13, 2021 9:51 PM

Jul 2020
So did everyone forgot that the boy is a masochist?Then the usual Girl mc shouldn't bully boy mc is completly pointless.Lmao.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 13, 2021 10:56 PM

Jan 2013
Scordolo said:
So did everyone forgot that the boy is a masochist?Then the usual Girl mc shouldn't bully boy mc is completly pointless.Lmao.
He's not a masochist, that's just the viewer projecting onto him, he's simply a doormat of a human being.
Apr 13, 2021 11:00 PM

Jul 2020
LostSpectre said:
Scordolo said:
He's not a masochist, that's just the viewer projecting onto him, he's simply a doormat of a human being.

Senpai was - at the beginning of the manga - an extremely frail, weak, introverted, shy and somewhat doormat individual with a bit of masochistic tendencies.

Quoted from the fandom page by the way.
https://nagatoro.fandom.com/wiki/Senpai

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 13, 2021 11:17 PM

Jan 2013
Scordolo said:
LostSpectre said:

Senpai was - at the beginning of the manga - an extremely frail, weak, introverted, shy and somewhat doormat individual with a bit of masochistic tendencies.

Quoted from the fandom page by the way.
https://nagatoro.fandom.com/wiki/Senpai
It isn't accurate in any meaningful sense, of course the fans want to project their masochism onto him. He's pretty much embarrassed of his existence as a human being, literally anything will get him flustered, but I fail to see how he's a masochist just because he blushes bright red from a gust of wind.
Apr 14, 2021 12:29 AM
Jan 2021
AGiantWeeb said:
Im_Stuff said:

He'd probably cry if his favorite weekly manga wasn't in jump. He's a wimp.
actually he states that he has never cried in public and he’s been bullied all his life so he knows how to ignore it it’s just Nagatoro somehow gets him so uncomfortable that he cries
Apr 14, 2021 12:35 AM
Jan 2021
MoonDragon72 said:
LostSpectre said:

Good, I don't want to see. This show is a waste of time. Although if I was 14 or something, I would definitely love it since this type of shit does pander to that demographic
but other people do so stop trying so hard to get people to watch what you watch and Stop trying to get them to stop watching what they want
Apr 14, 2021 1:56 AM
Jul 2019
1RonanRB said:
yeah thats what I was thinking, im excited to see how the anime plays out.
Apr 15, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2013
It's funny how people bash male MC for being a pussy. As if fighting bullies is easy for everyone everywhere lol. Not all of people are "warriors" like you to have courage to stand up for themselves. Otherwise we'd either have school-shooters on mass, or no bullies at all.

It's even "funnier" how people who say this then go an BULLY others, by calling them pussies LOL!
Apr 15, 2021 10:00 PM
Aug 2020
Not every anime characters have to be eren jaegar... Just saying. I have a lot of friends that are just like the MC here if not even bigger pussies, still doesn't make a it a "fault" in the anime
Everyone has great taste, until they start watching galactic heroes and shit on everyone else's taste

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by alvarousz »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

274 by DarCas003 »»
Sep 11, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Apr 24, 2021

177 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by akashi_daiki »»
Aug 22, 7:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.