Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2021 3:46 AM

Feb 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not so eventful episode. Turns out the King is alive and hidden thanks to that clown from the last season. He reveals some secrets about that project Koku and Yuna were victims of. They figured where Keith might be located so they should be going to save him now.
Mar 18, 2021 7:43 AM
Jun 2020
Could’ve sworn the clown died on like episode 2 last season. Did the flashback of Koku giving them his leg happen in season 1 or did they not show that until this season?
Mar 18, 2021 3:32 PM
Oct 2018
MrEtchaSketch said:
Could’ve sworn the clown died on like episode 2 last season. Did the flashback of Koku giving them his leg happen in season 1 or did they not show that until this season?

Yeah, they ostensibly died. Koku impaled them right through the heart with his arm blade! I mean, I presumed they died because the blade is made of blue steel. But I guess that only works on Reggies? And they aren't a Reggie? WTF even is a Reggie? I thought I had it all figured out when I rewatched season 1: Reggies are all the demihumans who aren't Koku/Yuna i.e. perfect clones of the winged-skeletons. But now the show is introducing a new term to its already confusing lexicon with this "Canon" nonsense. Also, why is the clown helping Koku now and why didn't they help him back in season 1 if they didn't die? They could have at least told Koku everything he needed to know.
Mar 23, 2021 6:21 PM
Oct 2019
shocking: more lily = more better episode

but that person, izanami, died in season 1... so, uh...wtf. i went back to season 1 episode 3. they sure made it seem like izanami died. the light faded from their eye and everything. but i suppose if kirisame didn't die as a child then it's possible izanami didn't die last season, either?

and the king dude isn't dead, ok then. where did all that blood come from at the crime scene then? also, the king confessing to ordering the raid on the research facility and killing all the children in order to conform to international law is a little odd, little hard to buy. so the reggies were ok to create but the children, they were too much? plus the children (or yuna specifically?) being able to grant regular humans eternal life/immortality?

this episode started out pretty fun, and then it got messy...sigh. 6/10 though (maybe 7/10), better than the first two episodes
Mar 24, 2021 6:49 PM

Mar 2020
Even though I'm super happy Izanami is alive, it doesn't make any sense at all! Like, HOW?! How are they still alive? They clearly died in the first season so what even happened? What tf was that flashback? When did Koku met Izanami and learned they were alive and why is Izanami even helping them? I remember clearly that they used to hold a grudge against Koku for not choosing them so wtf?! Nothing makes sense. And since when does Lily knows about Koku and the whole deal with him?
Apr 20, 2021 6:33 AM

Oct 2012
I was hoping discussion on episode 3 would explain the Canon thing more, but I guess not. Is a person a canon? And who is the canon? How was it made? How does it even work with the koku and friends to begin with?

I'm annoyed I rewatched this only to have to wait another 3 years maybe to get a conclusion. Sigh.
Jun 8, 2021 6:16 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
This was a better episode but still muddied up the whole regenerative aspect with the "Canon" idea. No explanation at all...... just Canon will fix everything for universal donor parts. Oh well....at least the art department made a nice Gen 1 Camaro with a cowl induction hood scoop. Also....the best line from the second episode was the "password" being the lady's measurements..... and she gained a bit in the hips since last time.....due to constipation! Best line ever!!
Jun 11, 2021 7:50 AM

Jul 2015
Really thought Izanami died last season since it was prophesised on the Jet black Epitaph and also the King seems to be alive and well, I guess if the character doesn't turn into dust that means they still can be alive.

Aug 18, 2021 5:21 PM

May 2019
Recap filler, ugh.

I do like how they're showing that Lily is starting to think like Keith a lot.

I thought Koku killed Izanami, wth? I'm so confused.

Sep 2, 2021 11:47 PM

Mar 2013
The supporting character that I thought that was supposed to be beaten and killed by Kokuu, is still alive?! Wow, what a comeback! Especially since he found a new comrade to help them but this story at this point really needs more explanation what was transpired but instead we only got a short explanation of reconciliation and exchanging parts. Well, long story short, Izanami's reconciliation with Kokuu was not really given an animation from the previous season.

Lily, hug Yuna more!!! Moe!!!

Btw, Keith's hardship in his prison was not given any focus. There's not even a scene where he tried to escape from the place or what obstacles he is currently facing besides the fact that he is hungry and lastly, there's no scene of him thinking scientifically to get out of his situation. It's like his predicament was just a way to prove that he might or will die out of hunger. Is this a scientific experiment now?! 😤

But from the previous episodes, Kokuu heard the Canopy (or their previous guardian, Keith's father, was it?). He said that as long as Kokuu exchange/d parts, they will not die. (Along those lines)
CrazyButNot4USep 2, 2021 11:57 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 8, 2022 5:16 PM
May 2020
i am a lil confused with the regenerative bit but this was a strong episode. mad how the royal nigga didn't get put in a spliff
Dec 13, 2023 6:04 PM

Dec 2022
No one stays dead in this anime.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 6 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

46 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 17, 3:13 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 5 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

6 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 4 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

16 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 2 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

9 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:26 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Succession Episode 1 Discussion

Tsarko - Mar 18, 2021

24 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.