Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 28, 2021 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
What a mess the Pokémon franchise has become. It's like the TPC, Nintendo and Gamefreak don't want to make customers happy anymore.

I rather spend 100 dollars for a new copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 with way more content than these remakes that hardly live up to the 60+ dollar price tag.

It's safe to say Pokémon is the only bloated and overcommercialized battle monster franchise.

I thought that the fairly new Yokai Watch game looked super or incredible and these new Pokémon games make Jade Cocoon look like a masterpiece.
Jan 30, 2022 6:28 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Legends Arceus is now out! Any further thoughts?
Apr 21, 2022 5:52 PM
Dec 2017
I'm getting Legends Arceus 4 my bday and well, i've been hearing quite a bit on how its improved from the godforsaken cancerous trash pos known as sword/shield and not just from youtubers but also from friends of mine as well too who tried it as well and they also hated sword/shield and prefer soulsilver and the older ds stuff as thats what they grew up on as well 2.

No plans on getting the remake at all really since i hear thats bad.

Apr 22, 2022 8:09 PM

Jul 2017
Legends was a good game. It might have saved the Pokemon franchise but it's not revolutionary imo.
わかりました
Apr 23, 2022 7:11 AM

Aug 2014
Arceus is not my thing, but it's also built for different things, I guess. There is stuff to be said about those, so I'll just leave some thoughts in a spoiler:

This game's a savior for the more casual audience engagement. For people who are more fine with throwing time at doing a lot of menial stuff over and over since stuff designed around the overworld is better for sure and the occasional fight will leave that same audience with a good impression. But I'd rather play the gen 4 remakes or Sword and Shield (which isn't horrible by any means) for the stuff Legends lacks to my experience.
I'm saying this just to put things into perspective. I'm still sticking to ROM hacks and doing online battling here and there anyway. ROM hackers just do amazing jobs even with some of the better titles in the franchise to the point that the originals feel like way lesser experiences. One can only hope gen 9 will be better.
Jun 13, 2022 2:50 PM
Dec 2017
Arceus has the shortest lifespan of any pokemon game lol and honestly i have 0 hopes for the new ones coming out screw the new series since it only gets more autistically cancer trash fucking piece of fucking shit from here on out now. And the demos i've tried of Arceus were pretty fun i think still miss the pixel days of pokemon.

Jul 1, 2022 5:25 AM

Sep 2010
I was pretty hyped about the remakes first when I heard about it but after I saw the visuals and knowing how the quality of the main series declined with every new game this might actually be the last Pokémon version I play if it's yet another failure because I don't wanna ruin my good memories of Black and White too.
Sep 23, 2022 7:04 PM
Dec 2017
So i've been trying out pokemon legends areceus while i'm on quarantine and here's what i like so far.

-The world is lot more open.
-The prequel setting
-Gameplay is as addicitng as ever
-controls in the game just feel so good
-riding pokemon is alot of fun
-good music

so far so good and yeah hope the series keeps up with course correction.
Disapeared_GhostSep 28, 2022 1:24 PM

Sep 27, 2022 6:32 PM
Dec 2017
So since i'm still under quarantine rn and with pokemon legends areceus is one of the games i'm playing rn. I am liking this game alot more than i thought i would and have been addicted to filling up my pokedex as much as i possibly can and the difficulty curve in this game can get pretty steep at times. And if you're looking for a pokemon game on the switch this is it its the best you'll get and i would like to see a spin off focusing on the prehistoric ones as well too.

Jan 2, 2023 3:37 AM
Dec 2017
Since i finsihed arceus a while back i figured i'll share my full thoughts now

so as mentioned the art and graphics are all good here and the character designs are a hell of a lot better than in scarlet/violet since it was going for a gen-z appeal to it not just in story and cancerously bad dialogue with the gen-z slang tho, legends of arceus dialogue did made me cringe alot too and i personally fucking hated melli alot due to how obnoxious he is and what the fuck is the point of dialogue choices when the story is going to be playing the same honestly and the story itself is generally fine and i liked the action rpg focus as mentioned and overall i had a fun time with the spin off and i'll be sure to share my thoughts on the diamond remake and violet soon.

Jan 2, 2023 7:49 PM
Dec 2017
Well now its time for me to share my thoughts on brilliant diamond and now i can see more why @_Nette_  hates the pearl/diamond area of pokemon and get ready for another long rant.

The art was fine and all and i liked it, the graphics on the otherhand it looks like absoulte cancer trash fucking dogshit and so were the animations of the moves, they looked just as bad too. And hoo boy battles they were either easy and quick to do or just grating as fucking hell because of how overly sensative the random encounters were and yeah the level curve like yeah lol some real bitch moves happened from time to time in combat getting killed rather insantly from the otherside. And oh the music its fucking absoulte cancer trash fucking dogshit like holy fucking shit.

I was listening to thsi song instead because industrial music is more of my noise than the ones in this game and no its not even a TWEWY reference here because the music in the remake sucks and oh yeah the story tho it was aighty tho the filler and lack of voice acting sucks massive cunt tho.  I honestly was cba about the rhythm games as project diva was alot more fun and also because wowaka was in project diva too and shame Tommy Heavenly 6 didn't came back to do more pokemon stuff. :/  Now that being said, yeah the pokedex still wasn't complete either iirc and yeah its now made me fucking hate pokemon again after years of antipathy due to ash losing so many times nwo i fucking hate it again and oh wait we're not done huh? soon enough theres going to be my thoughts on violet as Nette and i were talking about the game not long ago and its going to be another wild ride here too. That being said now here's the song i was listening too isntead of the soundtrack for the remake.

Jan 3, 2023 7:28 AM
Dec 2017
So now, here are my thoughts on pokemon violet as thats the version i went with.

Well i liked, the open world design coming from arceus tho on the otherhand the pokemon help center wasn't alwayts exactly helpful to go either cause you were underleveled and unprepared for gym fights or because well you couldn't really properly go to an area yet either too. The character designs also were fucking cancerous as fucking hell and so were the technical issues and graphics too.

The story at the end part of the game was unbelivable and really great it just went to classic jrpg mode and oh yeah,
the combat was fine but yeah some real bitch moves in combat from time to time with instant kills and i still honestly wish we had a full pokedex and oof yeah the localzation here was a nightmare and overall its an ok pokemon game but yeah game freak still needs to take a break from the series imo.

Jan 6, 2023 8:15 AM
Dec 2017
emeth_asher said:
Borrowing my nephew's copy and been playing a bit of it. The pokemon selection is still as awful as it was back then. Seems like the only thing in the grass is Bidoofs and Geodudes, lol. The underground did remedy some of this, but the fire selection is garbage until post-game.
LOL oof, i found alot of them in my expierence too literally every few seconds to the point it was getting riducolous. 

Jan 19, 2023 9:19 PM
Dec 2017
I never even shared much of my thoughts on mystery dungeon so fuck it, may as well share them now.

I got it from amazon i think, ages ago when it was my birthday i got the switch version dx, and i barely have had any expierence with rogue lites other than the guided fate games from NIS which art btw is from Nozi Ito from Haruhi which was my main reason why i got the games in the first place to see if i would have a much more comfortable time here. The gameplay was easy enough never once did died and i grinded alot quite a bit, and i liked the music and the isekai story too especially considering my thoughts on the genre. 

Objectives were more or less the same rescue said pokemon and fight the boss and it was a pretty easy battle anytime i fought a boss especially with the ways you could grind too.

And overall yeah, it was a pretty ok roguelite and i still need to get into the other mystery dungeon games at a good price. 

Jan 22, 2023 4:43 PM
Dec 2017
Okie dokie then so now that i got pokemon black here's some of my thoughts of it.

I liked the new setting of it as well as the pixel graphics and art and the updated gameplay too like the combat system. The story so far is pretty decent and the season changing system a la animal crossing is pretty interseting.

The music is cool too and yeah grass starters are always my kind of starters lol and so far overall its one of my favorite pokemon games on the ds.

Wish Pokemon and ATLUS took notes with what Square is going and go with a hd-2d style instead of this kind of cancerous dog shit you see here with violet/scarlet.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Online games in your life

OlliFill - Oct 7, 2021

49 by KarenLopez »»
49 minutes ago

» Do the websites we registered still know our password despite being secured with encryption?

aLotQuestion_ - 51 minutes ago

0 by aLotQuestion_ »»
51 minutes ago

» Florida House Approves Bill Banning Social Media For Kids Under 16

deg - Jan 27

45 by SMMpanelNepal »»
3 hours ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

34 by Ahmedkabeer »»
4 hours ago

» Replaying games you beat. ( 1 2 )

Bloodshade - May 24, 2015

51 by daky-kun »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.