Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2020 11:07 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That two hand control, Ye Xiu is too good lol.
Oct 2, 2020 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
Ye Xiu is too good that he can control two game characters at once.
Excellent Era really are a bunch of losers.

I really can't wait to see the team Happy put together.

Oct 2, 2020 4:15 PM
Oct 2020
I know people love this show for the esports realism aspect but the characters and plot are bare...

It like he's playing on easy mode and everyone else is on hardcore and has never played the game before, pretty boring. But the animations improve since the first series.
Oct 2, 2020 6:11 PM
Sep 2020
ForgedAtlas said:
I know people love this show for the esports realism aspect but the characters and plot are bare...

It like he's playing on easy mode and everyone else is on hardcore and has never played the game before, pretty boring. But the animations improve since the first series.
Well, that's pretty easily justified considering he's a former pro player up against mostly average players so far. Also, since he's playing on the new server, a lot of the people he's come across literally haven't played the game before. And the few times he's played against pro players, they've stated that the gimmick of the unspecialized class gives him a huge advantage in level 50 and under environments.

The story definitely took a hit with being transformed into 12 episode seasons since the first 6 months in-universe is just him meeting people and getting his character ready. I think it would've been more forgiving as the first 15ish episodes of a continuously running show instead of being set off as a season of its own. The show is certainly an acquired taste, but the OVA is a pretty good indicator of what's to come. If you liked it, you'll probably like where this is going, but if you didn't and you aren't enjoying the story now, well, the first episode of season 1 started with him having to retire from playing professionally for a year (for context, S2E3 is about 2 months in), so I wouldn't expect much change too soon, lol.
Oct 2, 2020 9:59 PM

Apr 2016
Ye Xiu is too OP.The way he confused Excellent Era lol
BRAWLERS
Oct 3, 2020 2:50 AM
Oct 2020
JimmyThreeHorns said:
ForgedAtlas said:

Well, that's pretty easily justified considering he's a former pro player up against mostly average players so far. Also, since he's playing on the new server, a lot of the people he's come across literally haven't played the game before. And the few times he's played against pro players, they've stated that the gimmick of the unspecialized class gives him a huge advantage in level 50 and under environments.

The story definitely took a hit with being transformed into 12 episode seasons since the first 6 months in-universe is just him meeting people and getting his character ready. I think it would've been more forgiving as the first 15ish episodes of a continuously running show instead of being set off as a season of its own. The show is certainly an acquired taste, but the OVA is a pretty good indicator of what's to come. If you liked it, you'll probably like where this is going, but if you didn't and you aren't enjoying the story now, well, the first episode of season 1 started with him having to retire from playing professionally for a year (for context, S2E3 is about 2 months in), so I wouldn't expect much change too soon, lol.

I understand he's a pro player but everytime he fights a guild (or multiple guilds at the same time) aren't there some pro players, some even come from other servers.

I just wish he had more to him then 'high APM & he played 10 years so he know everything.' Man just needs to struggle to add some tension. The only characters that save it are Bao Rongxing & Huang Shaotian and Chen Guo is okay.

But considering the games out for 10 year no one else seems to utilise any kind of technique, abilities, unique weapons or use there class advantages. And if an unspecialized class gives him a huge advantage in level 50, other people would definitely play it, maybe just not the pros...a bit of a rant but the shows focus is meant to be about 'good team work and coming together to win' but he just does everything himself. Literally shown in this episode where he controls two character, rather than relying on her to do it herself.

Also he was forced to 'retired' because he was old and not marketable, yet still has the highest APM and every player idolizes him...so that makes no sense to me. If he had shit APM and just used his wits to win this would be well more interesting.

Oct 3, 2020 3:57 AM
Sep 2020
ForgedAtlas said:
JimmyThreeHorns said:

I understand he's a pro player but everytime he fights a guild (or multiple guilds at the same time) aren't there some pro players, some even come from other servers.

I just wish he had more to him then 'high APM & he played 10 years so he know everything.' Man just needs to struggle to add some tension. The only characters that save it are Bao Rongxing & Huang Shaotian and Chen Guo is okay.

But considering the games out for 10 year no one else seems to utilise any kind of technique, abilities, unique weapons or use there class advantages. And if an unspecialized class gives him a huge advantage in level 50, other people would definitely play it, maybe just not the pros...a bit of a rant but the shows focus is meant to be about 'good team work and coming together to win' but he just does everything himself. Literally shown in this episode where he controls two character, rather than relying on her to do it herself.

Also he was forced to 'retired' because he was old and not marketable, yet still has the highest APM and every player idolizes him...so that makes no sense to me. If he had shit APM and just used his wits to win this would be well more interesting.

On that first part, not usually? The pro players are busy training for the tournament season that's currently going on. The only times he's come in conflict with other pros were in episodes 7 & 8 when the captain of Tiny Herb just wanted to use him to spar with the younger members of his team, in 10 when the captain of Blue Rain just wanted to check out his weapon, and in 12 when the captain of Tyranny just wanted to make sure it was him. This episode was basically the first time any pro players actively tried to stop his progress in the game.

On the game being around for 10 years; yeah, but this is still a server made for new players. At most the guild leaders and the more elite members of each guild might have an edge over the regular players (largely why they're the only ones competing for dungeon records), but they still haven't been playing for anywhere near 10 years and definitely not at a professional level; otherwise, they'd be on the pro team instead of running the guild.

On other people not using unspecialized characters; yeah, they can be really good pre-level 50, but as shown in this episode, they can't normally level up above that. Another factor is that his weapon plays a big role in unspecialized being playable; in S1E3, Tang Rou originally wanted to play unspecialized, but Cheng Guo advises her otherwise because she wouldn't have the umbrella. Not to mention, some people might not even know it's an option and people who did and tried likely ended up not doing very well and gave up on it. The web novel mentions that Tiny Herb used to have a player that used an unspecialized character, but even he gave up on it since needing to carry and switch between multiple weapons made it too slow. Plus, people aren't exactly shy about looking down on people trying to use unspecialized (that was Blue River's initial reaction to seeing Lord Grim). It was mentioned a couple of times in season 1 that unspecialized used to be very popular when the game first started (HST says this in episode 6) and the game company nerfed it until it became seen as unplayable (Ye Xiu joked about this in episode 10).

Yes, in this episode he's controlling 2 characters, but it isn't like he's using 2 characters to beat them. He's using the 2 characters being in sync and cooperating well to mislead and trick them to back off. I honestly don't see the problem in that. The show also hasn't been shy about Chen Guo not being as good as the others (this episode mentions she needed to have Tang Rou do the Heavenly Domain challenges for her and there's a reason her character isn't featured in the OP.

He doesn't have the highest APM. Once the other pro players start trickling in, it isn't seen as nearly as big a factor as it is now. Aside from exceptions like Yu Wenzhou, most of the pros have roughly the same APM. His APM only seems like a big deal now because he's only been competing against regular players. About people idolizing him: people idolize him because he's a famous pro player. The preview for episode 4 even shows many of the other pros logging into the game and people freaking out over it.
JimmyThreeHornsOct 3, 2020 4:01 AM
Oct 3, 2020 5:12 AM
Jan 2015
ForgedAtlas said:
JimmyThreeHorns said:

His apm still considered high even among pro players , his apm at this episode was not even his fastest speed ... the only reason he was retired because he was not marketable , not because of his apm

And yeah , not any people can use unspecialized as they need knowledge from all class ..even from novel , only one pro player probably can use it with the same level as yexiu , and the main reason , no guild can spare too much resources for the umbrella as the material was too expensive for trial and error part to create that umbrella , much less regular player
That was why no regular people use it , without the umbrella , they need to equip and reequip weapon which cause too much delay at using skill
frankykun13Oct 3, 2020 5:16 AM
Oct 3, 2020 5:44 AM
Oct 2020

[/quote]
On that first part, not usually? The pro players are busy training for the tournament season that's currently going on. The only times he's come in conflict with other pros were in episodes 7 & 8 when the captain of Tiny Herb just wanted to use him to spar with the younger members of his team, in 10 when the captain of Blue Rain just wanted to check out his weapon, and in 12 when the captain of Tyranny just wanted to make sure it was him. This episode was basically the first time any pro players actively tried to stop his progress in the game.

On the game being around for 10 years; yeah, but this is still a server made for new players. At most the guild leaders and the more elite members of each guild might have an edge over the regular players (largely why they're the only ones competing for dungeon records), but they still haven't been playing for anywhere near 10 years and definitely not at a professional level; otherwise, they'd be on the pro team instead of running the guild.

On other people not using unspecialized characters; yeah, they can be really good pre-level 50, but as shown in this episode, they can't normally level up above that. Another factor is that his weapon plays a big role in unspecialized being playable; in S1E3, Tang Rou originally wanted to play unspecialized, but Cheng Guo advises her otherwise because she wouldn't have the umbrella. Not to mention, some people might not even know it's an option and people who did and tried likely ended up not doing very well and gave up on it. The web novel mentions that Tiny Herb used to have a player that used an unspecialized character, but even he gave up on it since needing to carry and switch between multiple weapons made it too slow. Plus, people aren't exactly shy about looking down on people trying to use unspecialized (that was Blue River's initial reaction to seeing Lord Grim). It was mentioned a couple of times in season 1 that unspecialized used to be very popular when the game first started (HST says this in episode 6) and the game company nerfed it until it became seen as unplayable (Ye Xiu joked about this in episode 10).

Yes, in this episode he's controlling 2 characters, but it isn't like he's using 2 characters to beat them. He's using the 2 characters being in sync and cooperating well to mislead and trick them to back off. I honestly don't see the problem in that. The show also hasn't been shy about Chen Guo not being as good as the others (this episode mentions she needed to have Tang Rou do the Heavenly Domain challenges for her and there's a reason her character isn't featured in the OP.

He doesn't have the highest APM. Once the other pro players start trickling in, it isn't seen as nearly as big a factor as it is now. Aside from exceptions like Yu Wenzhou, most of the pros have roughly the same APM. His APM only seems like a big deal now because he's only been competing against regular players. About people idolizing him: people idolize him because he's a famous pro player. The preview for episode 4 even shows many of the other pros logging into the game and people freaking out over it. [/quote]

Ahh Okay I can understand the pro situation a bit better now.
So he should actually find other players a challenge now?.

Still the "2 characters being in sync" in sync with himself, that's not teamwork. He always takes all the aggro, does all the damage, with no indication he ever takes any damage or uses any mana and his team just usually just stand there or kills some small fries. But if there just noobs that kinda understandable.

Also why couldn't Tang Rou make her own umbrella or why doesn't anyone else know about it?
Hopefully he start fighting more interesting people, with unique weapon/skills.

I feel is just misses a lot depth
or doesn't really explain in the animation at least, but I'll keep watching.

Oct 3, 2020 10:52 AM
Sep 2020
ForgedAtlas said:

Ahh Okay I can understand the pro situation a bit better now.
So he should actually find other players a challenge now?.

Still the "2 characters being in sync" in sync with himself, that's not teamwork. He always takes all the aggro, does all the damage, with no indication he ever takes any damage or uses any mana and his team just usually just stand there or kills some small fries. But if there just noobs that kinda understandable.

Also why couldn't Tang Rou make her own umbrella or why doesn't anyone else know about it?
Hopefully he start fighting more interesting people, with unique weapon/skills.

I feel is just misses a lot depth
or doesn't really explain in the animation at least, but I'll keep watching.

Whether he finds the other players challenging now is a tricky question, especially since I'm not completely sure how faithful the show is going to be to the web novel. However, the next episode includes a few fights that should give us all a good idea as he finally fights
and even though they're just fighting for fun with nothing at stake, it should be competitive. At the same time, he should still be far and away above normal players, but between him being 20 levels lower and each of the guilds having far more members in the Heavenly Domain, his main strategy for the next arc should end up being
Actually, his encounter with EE this episode is a somewhat okay representation of his situation in-game for a while:

Tang Rou couldn't make her own umbrella because it takes a ridiculous amount of materials to make and level up. Every time Ye Xiu got materials from one of the guilds in season 1 or in the previous episode, those materials were for his umbrella. Silver equipment (or rather good silver equipment) is pretty much exclusive to pro teams. Pretty much every major pro player has a silver weapon, so there shouldn't be any shortages of them; but none of them are as unique as the umbrella. Most of them are just fancier versions of the usual weapon types.

If you're just looking for variety in fighting, though, there should be a bit coming soon. Season 1 mostly focused on the more basic classes (Blademaster, Elementalist, Sharpshooter, etc.) but this season should be introducing a few characters who use more gimmicky classes (gimmicky as in they have unique play styles like how Concealed Light fights with monsters he summons) like a Ninja and a Mechanic.

The animation definitely leaves a lot of explaining out, but I think that's understandable; it's less noticeable to have a ton of expositions dumps when the entire medium is text only. Though, I do get where you're coming from and I do wish the show could've explained a lot of things better.
Oct 5, 2020 11:19 PM
Apr 2018
LORD GRIM reaches Level 50.
"Heavenly Domain, I'm coming."

In this episode, they explore more about "Heavenly Domain" & what it means for Master players. LORD GRIM is dominating already.

Thank You :)
Oct 6, 2020 9:18 AM
Jul 2020
The closed captions just go by too fast. Is this a problem for anybody else?
Oct 6, 2020 9:59 AM
Sep 2020
eashr37 said:
Yeah, I've noticed that in quite a few shows. Chinese is just a faster language. It usually helps to play the episode in .75 speed if that's available.
Oct 8, 2020 12:28 PM
Mar 2017
omg I loved the 3d ep, couldn't find it on youtube tho but found it somewhere haha. I have a quesiton about 2 characters on Guild Happy tho, who is one in the black hood and who is the woman with the big crossed staff? (also the one with the glasses I'm not entirely sure but I think we saw him before, but the other 2 I really can't rememember sorry) Really would be great if there was a guide somewhere haha. Like for the anime and not the books cause the animations don't always look the same and I get even more confused. Sorry haha
Oct 8, 2020 12:30 PM
Mar 2017
JimmyThreeHorns said:
eashr37 said:
Yeah, I've noticed that in quite a few shows. Chinese is just a faster language. It usually helps to play the episode in .75 speed if that's available.
Thank you!! I really needed that too haha. But is Chinese just fast? Or is the language just able to say more with lesser words than in English? I thought the latter was the case but idk
Oct 8, 2020 3:06 PM
Sep 2020
PinkRoseGirl said:
JimmyThreeHorns said:
Thank you!! I really needed that too haha. But is Chinese just fast? Or is the language just able to say more with lesser words than in English? I thought the latter was the case but idk
Yeah, it's what you said; you're right. I just called it fast because it was the simplest way to convey it I could think of. From my very limited understanding of the language, there are lots of very short words, but based on your tone and context, it could mean any number of things whereas English uses more/longer words so you can basically tell what somebody means even if they have a thick accent or if their grammar isn't the best.
Oct 9, 2020 8:54 AM
Oct 2017
eashr37 said:

Really? I didn't notice. Then again, I've watched some very fast-paced anime (Saiki K.) and I vaguely understand Chinese. Well... vaguely. I don't know all those gamer terms but I guess this is a good place to learn.
Oct 12, 2020 8:20 AM

Oct 2017
Just to summarize the skill gap in Starcraft* 2, the gap between bronze(the lowest rank / a person who just installed the game) and GM(grand master, highest rank where only the top 1% can get), is lower than a GM to a pro player. The number one GM(assuming it's not a pro player) is like 10% as good as a pro player. Who said this was a former SC2 pro player.
*Starcraft 1 and 2 are considered to be the most skill intensive games ever made and the game that made the term APM mean something that resemble skill in video games.

From your comment I can see that you have no idea how mmorpg or competitive games in general works on a higher lvl of skill or even in a professional level. No mmorpg requires insane amount of Actions Per Minute(APM), the show uses it like a buzzword just to make one character more skillful than other, the only real game genre where apm really matters is RTS(starcraft 2/ age of empires) and even players with a lower AVERAGE apm(250) can beat players with higher AVERAGE apm(400), one player just has less actions to make, like there is a cap to actions that you can take that is actually meaningful, the average player do about 40-100 average apm.
Mmos and glory is no different, most skills have cooldowns and in most mmorpg they even have something called GCD(Global cooldown) most skills once pressed triggers a GCD that usually last for 0,5 to 1 sec so you can't spam actions, I guess you get where I'm getting at... Apm is just a metric the show uses to show skill, for most people and some gamers that seems impressive but for "real" gamers, apm doesn't mean anything specially in a MMORPG(World of Warcraft / GLORY) or in a FPS(Counter Strike) or even in MOBA(Legue of Legends/Dota 2), basically it's how Ki is used in fighting anime to represent fighting power, it's cool and all but it doesn't mean jack shit to a fighter.

In summary the only thing that is unrealistic in the anime is the gear/lvl gap, kinda, like I don't know how everything in glory works, the game mechanics and etc, but I can make an assessment based on World of Warcraft, you have instance of max level naked(No gear, only daggers) rogues 1v3 max lvl geared people,so yeah it's possible, would it happen in Glory, probably not, specially in the celestial realm and those 1v1 challenges, unless he was also fighting against lvl50. In the server 10 he was the highest lvl and probably the best geared person on that server, if that is the case he is a literal god in that place. But he would be crushed by a lvl 70(max level of glory so far) full geared above average player in a 1v1 and this is a fact no amount of skill can cover the gear/level gap, unless his umbrella does the job.
Here is where we get to the only major flaw of the show, If that weapon has been in the game for 10 years someone else would've built it already, even him could've built it already in another account, yeah I know it will get explained why he didn't do it before but even then I call BS. His build(class + gear) wouldn't be a secret at all, the community would have analyzed the hell out of it, extracted every single number out of the game, data-mined, ran simulations, make bots, and someone, somewhere would've the knowledge about the class/weapon combo, so yeah the great mysterious weapon that Ye Xiu is building probably already exists somewhere else, there would be other "classless" players maybe not at a pro level, but there would be theory-craft behind it and numbers crunched to how to optimize every single build in the game and people trying to make it work. If you are interested I can walk you through half a dozen specialized websites about WoW that do number crunch and I bet almost all mmos that have a competitive scene will have something like that.

Like trust me the average gamer, the average player, the casual gamer, is so bad that you could get 100 people and they wouldn't defeat a 1% player and I wish I was exaggerating because some times I get to play with these players and I have but to wonder if they even read their skills.

After saying all that, The King Avatar is truly a tribute to gamers in all genres, it's so far the best anime that embodies high level and pro gaming and it's a good one at it.
Oct 12, 2020 8:27 AM

Oct 2017
eashr37 said:

Yes and I watched it sub in Portuguese, I guess Chinese say a lot within few worlds, I have to pause and move back a few times to read everything.
Sark_MorganOct 12, 2020 9:46 AM
Oct 12, 2020 8:52 AM
Oct 2020
Planas said:
Just to summarize the skill gap in Starcraft* 2, the gap between bronze(the lowest rank / a person who just installed the game) and GM(grand master, highest rank where only the top 1% can get), is lower than a GM to a pro player. The number one GM(assuming it's not a pro player) is like 10% as good as a pro player. Who said this was a former SC2 pro player.
*Starcraft 1 and 2 are considered to be the most skill intensive games ever made and the game that made the term APM mean something that resemble skill in video games.

From your comment I can see that you have no idea how mmorpg or competitive games in general works on a higher lvl of skill or even in a professional level. No mmorpg requires insane amount of Actions Per Minute(APM), the show uses it like a buzzword just to make one character more skillful than other, the only real game genre where apm really matters is RTS(starcraft 2/ age of empires) and even players with a lower AVERAGE apm(250) can beat players with higher AVERAGE apm(400), one player just has less actions to make, like there is a cap to actions that you can take that is actually meaningful, the average player do about 40-100 average apm.
Mmos and glory is no different, most skills have cooldowns and in most mmorpg they even have something called GCD(Global cooldown) most skills once pressed triggers a GCD that usually last for 0,5 to 1 sec so you can't spam actions, I guess you get where I'm getting at... Apm is just a metric the show uses to show skill, for most people and some gamers that seems impressive but for "real" gamers, apm doesn't mean anything specially in a MMORPG(World of Warcraft / GLORY) or in a FPS(Counter Strike) or even in MOBA(Legue of Legends/Dota 2), basically it's how Ki is used in fighting anime to represent fighting power, it's cool and all but it doesn't mean jack shit to a fighter.

In summary the only thing that is unrealistic in the anime is the gear/lvl gap, kinda, like I don't know how everything in glory works, the game mechanics and etc, but I can make an assessment based on World of Warcraft, you have instance of max level naked(No gear, only daggers) rogues 1v3 max lvl geared people,so yeah it's possible, would it happen in Glory, probably not, specially in the celestial realm and those 1v1 challenges, unless he was also fighting against lvl50. In the server 10 he was the highest lvl and probably the best geared person on that server, if that is the case he is a literal god in that place. But he would be crushed by a lvl 70(max level of glory so far) full geared above average player in a 1v1 and this is a fact no amount of skill can cover the gear/level gap, unless his umbrella does the job.
Here is where we get to the only major flaw of the show, If that weapon has been in the game for 10 years someone else would've built it already, even him could've built it already in another account, yeah I know it will get explained why he didn't do it before but even then I call BS. His build(class + gear) wouldn't be a secret at all, the community would have analyzed the hell out of it, extracted every single number out of the game, data-mined, ran simulations, make bots, and someone, somewhere would've the knowledge about the class/weapon combo, so yeah the great mysterious weapon that Ye Xiu is building probably already exists somewhere else, there would be other "classless" players maybe not at a pro level, but there would be theory-craft behind it and numbers crunched to how to optimize every single build in the game and people trying to make it work. If you are interested I can walk you through half a dozen specialized websites about WoW that do number crunch and I bet almost all mmos that have a competitive scene will have something like that.

Like trust me the average gamer, the average player, the casual gamer, is so bad that you could get 100 people and they wouldn't defeat a 1% player and I wish I was exaggerating because some times I get to play with these players and I have but to wonder if they even read their skills.

After saying all that, The King Avatar is truly a tribute to gamers in all genres, it's so far the best anime that embodies high level and pro gaming and it's a good one at it.

Are you by any chance a novel reader of the franchise? Because you might miss some info regarding some of King's Avatar worldbuilding, specifically regarding the info about Silver Equipments which includes the umbrella that the MC use and the relevance of APM in the world of Glory. Also I didn't expect to see the anime/donghua to be dubbed in Portuguese of all language, but it's good to see this gem of a franchise becoming more known to people outside of the Sinosphere especially in the West.

Btw I'm making this account specifically to answer your comment because I'm austistic lol.
AntiQuarian88Oct 12, 2020 9:00 AM
Oct 12, 2020 9:44 AM

Oct 2017
AntiQuarian88 said:
Planas said:

Are you by any chance a novel reader of the franchise? Because you might miss some info regarding some of King's Avatar worldbuilding, specifically regarding the info about Silver Equipments which includes the umbrella that the MC use and the relevance of APM in the world of Glory. Also I didn't expect to see the anime/donghua to be dubbed in Portuguese of all language, but it's good to see this gem of a franchise becoming more known to people outside of the Sinosphere especially in the West.

Btw I'm making this account specifically to answer your comment because I'm austistic lol.

No I didn't read the Novel, I treat Silver equipment as the equivalent of Legendaries in Classic WoW, hard to get and requires some guild effort, I know I'm making it way simpler but it can't be way harder than that to acquire the items or else no one would have it, after all, it's all based on luck and even the lowest of chances will happen over time, unless the game generated only a single copy of the item, then we have another issue altogether and I'm not delving at that now, maybe another time.

About the APM, everything I wrote it based mostly in my experience in games over 20 years and doing some pretty hardcore stuff once and a while, trust me I'm not even close to the top 10%, some games I may be close to 30/20% in skill level, what I'm trying to say is, I would have to check it out to see if it makes any sense at all, but from what I have seen it doesn't make any sense in how things operate in the real world APM being such a high metric. Me personally I don't mind it, the author has to make it entertaining and easy to explain why A is better than B, that doesn't take an essay from a nerd to explain what makes someone better at video games. like it wouldn't be fun showing Ye Xiu pressing 2 after every second because that is his main key. I was just trying to explain to the other friend up there what exactly apm is supposed to mean in the context of the show, just a metric of "skill" in the game, at least that's how I see it in this case.

I made a mistake it's not dub it's subtitled, sorry about the error there, been woke for too long, I may have fried my brain writing these posts. but yeah I watched TKA first season when it released and have been on my watchlist ever since, even watched the live action, all fansubs tho, don't think it's released in any "official" source over here in SA.

I feel honored that you created an account just to reply to me, I put a lot of effort in writing these texts, my writing skills are pretttyyyyyyyy badddddd
Sark_MorganOct 12, 2020 9:50 AM
Oct 12, 2020 10:35 AM
Oct 2020
Planas said:

No I didn't read the Novel, I treat Silver equipment as the equivalent of Legendaries in Classic WoW, hard to get and requires some guild effort, I know I'm making it way simpler but it can't be way harder than that to acquire the items or else no one would have it, after all, it's all based on luck and even the lowest of chances will happen over time, unless the game generated only a single copy of the item, then we have another issue altogether and I'm not delving at that now, maybe another time.

About the APM, everything I wrote it based mostly in my experience in games over 20 years and doing some pretty hardcore stuff once and a while, trust me I'm not even close to the top 10%, some games I may be close to 30/20% in skill level, what I'm trying to say is, I would have to check it out to see if it makes any sense at all, but from what I have seen it doesn't make any sense in how things operate in the real world APM being such a high metric. Me personally I don't mind it, the author has to make it entertaining and easy to explain why A is better than B, that doesn't take an essay from a nerd to explain what makes someone better at video games. like it wouldn't be fun showing Ye Xiu pressing 2 after every second because that is his main key. I was just trying to explain to the other friend up there what exactly apm is supposed to mean in the context of the show, just a metric of "skill" in the game, at least that's how I see it in this case.

I made a mistake it's not dub it's subtitled, sorry about the error there, been woke for too long, I may have fried my brain writing these posts. but yeah I watched TKA first season when it released and have been on my watchlist ever since, even watched the live action, all fansubs tho, don't think it's released in any "official" source over here in SA.

I feel honored that you created an account just to reply to me, I put a lot of effort in writing these texts, my writing skills are pretttyyyyyyyy badddddd

Well first off you are confusing the Orange quality and the Silver quality, granted the anime and LA are very bad in explaining a lot of the gaming terms so it's understandable. Orange quality is the one you can compare with WoW's legendary quality as they are both only obtainable by either the hardest dungeon of the lvl group in a very small chance or dropped by World Bosses as a guarantee (1-2 per World Boss depending on luck). As a result Orange equips are the best OBTAINABLE equips in the game and are usually owned only by the top echelon of players, most of them are the top guild members.

Silver equipment however is a different monster entirely as it is a weapon custom-made in the in-game Equipment Creator (think Creation Engine modkit stuff and the like) and cannot be obtained by any normal means. As such Silver equipment range from unusable garbage to the very best weapons since it's quality is dependent on what kind of weapons you use as a base and what material you use to enchance it. The best Silver equips are made by using World Boss materials, in which normal players nowadays have no way of getting since the Corporation/Pro Team Guilds has a monopoly over, especially the Top Ten teams.

The usual MO for the top guilds in the game is usually they have two 100-man team whenever a World Boss is sighted, the first team to beat the boss with and the other they spread around to make a defensive perimeter around the boss to basically hinder other top guild teams or "accidently" kill any normal players that would wander into the boss area. As such unless you are the very best guild in the game, normal players have no way of obtaining World Boss materials to make their own Silver equips or at least the good ones.

Also I would add that World Boss are limited to 5(?) spawns per lvl group per week so the guilds would need to keep track how many bosses are left per week and which bosses they need to focus on since certain bosses would drop materials that their top players would use (for example Blue Rain's top player is a Blademaster so the guild would prioritize World Bosses that drop Blademaster materials).

There is also the fact that Silver equips' stats are hidden to everyone but the owner of the equipment itself. This is to hinder theorycrafting and making Silver equips more sought after especially for the pro scene. The Glory Company (unimaginative name I know) also has some protection in the game to prevent datamining the stat of any of their stuff so it's pretty much impossible to know the stat of these Silver equipments without actually owning it yourself.

About APM, if you notice in certain scenes in the anime this game is a First-person Action MMO game which is impossible to do these days and I doubt it would ever be made without it being full-body VR like your usual VR game anime. Normal attacks in Glory is done by swiping your mouse to certain direction and you can combine it while clicking your mouse or certain keyboard keys to make thrusting attack, swipe, or even parry.

A well-timed normal attack could even disrupt low level skills' effect like for example nullifying a Battlemage's Dragon Tooth stun modifier (but you still ended up eating the damage since it is still a normal attack vs skill situation). You can also block skills with other skills and the skill with the higher priority (usually lvl before total dmg) can partially diminish the effect of the losing skills. Also certain skills have different effect if you combine it with differing mouse swipes and clicks like for example a Battlemage's Sky Strike could be used to attack downed enemies when used while jumping and swiping the mouse downward.

So the game is very APM dependent in this regard, I might butchered some of this since I read the novel like a year ago, hopefully this helps you in a way.

>I made a mistake it's not dub it's subtitled
Ah that makes sense, was a bit confused because I this anime wasn't even dubbed in english but it wouldn't be too bad if they decided to make one just to increase exposure. Mandarin isn't exactly an easy language to listen to lol.
AntiQuarian88Oct 12, 2020 5:24 PM
Oct 14, 2020 12:10 PM
Jul 2020
Ye Xui is op asf absolute legend but the pace is a little slow im really excited to see happy clap in pro league
Oct 15, 2020 2:39 PM
Mar 2019
JimmyThreeHorns said:
PinkRoseGirl said:
Yeah, it's what you said; you're right. I just called it fast because it was the simplest way to convey it I could think of. From my very limited understanding of the language, there are lots of very short words, but based on your tone and context, it could mean any number of things whereas English uses more/longer words so you can basically tell what somebody means even if they have a thick accent or if their grammar isn't the best.

ya i speak chinese so its very comfy for me watching the anime but i also noticed how the eng caption flags go by too quickly. chinese isn't necessarily super fast language but there are lots of idioms. the idioms or certain ways of expressing ideas are generally much shorter than one would expect in english. basically four chinese characters can mean a sentence or even several at times. the fact that each character can represent an entire concept or idea makes it very hard for translators.
Oct 17, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2015
Wow, you guys really went all in huh?
Well, my 2 cents as I see it - yeah, Ye Xiu might seem extra OP at the moment, but it'll even out now that he's no longer among the mostly new 10th server players, but in Heavenly Domain where other pro players reside, especially since his Lord Grim is lvl50 whereas the pro's are all at lvl70. The further on the anime will go, the less op he'll seem.

Thou it sure is fun to see Ye Xiu wipe the floor with them after they gang up on him XD

And yeah, like it was mentioned, Excellent Era didn't get rid of Ye Xiu 'cuz he got old and didn't play as well anymore, it was politics, pure & simple - he wouldn't agree to advertisements and such, so to Excellent Era, that's less money.

Heh, when they mistook boss as Su Mucheng was hilarious XD

eashr37 said:

When I first watched TKA it did seem more fast paced, but not anymore, thou sometimes I may still need to pause, it's no longer a problem reading the subs.

Planas said:

Same - got hooked on TKA with the first ep, got happy when they made LA (thou wish they had let Ye Xiu retain his smirks more) and now am reading the novel :D
RouzmaryOct 17, 2020 1:03 PM
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Oct 18, 2020 9:58 PM

Oct 2017
Welcome back to the Heavenly Domain Ye Qiu.

Ye Xiu too op, he beat them using two accounts simultaneously lol.
May 19, 2021 2:45 PM

Apr 2018
Ye Xiu really is a fucking chad, defeated 3 pro players while playing with two mice.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 1, 2021 1:20 AM

Dec 2012
Glory time!
They made Mucheng lose! Worthless scum. You kicked Ye out just to lose?
Zhang Xinjie.
Lord Grim at Level 50 now.
Heavenly Domain time.
Ye in his new outfit.
Tang is back.
LMAO at Ye with a 100% record.
They reported him and failed. LMAO
lol scumbag manager mad at Ye rising again.
lol at Ye getting spammed with challenges.
Loulan Slash.
Ye is being attacked by Excellent.
Oh shit! Ye took her mouse.
LMAO Ye made them think it was Mucheng!
Dat ending.

What a great episode. That's my GOAT. 100% win percentage and controlled 2 characters at the same time. I was hoping Ye tricking them into thinking it was Mucheng would help bringing her to his team. She needs to be rescued from Excellent Era.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 10, 2021 2:28 AM

Mar 2016
The legend himself has finally returned to the Heavenly Domain! And Ye Xiu being him instantly riled up a bunch of players from all over different servers with his perfect undefeated arena streaks.

I love just how casual Ye Xiu mentions how his previous account was One Autumn Leaf, no hesitation whatsoever, welp look out pros, the REAL pro is about to school you all!
Jul 10, 2023 1:24 AM

Aug 2019
Excellent Era can't leave Ye Xiu alone
Sep 4, 2023 10:52 PM

Sep 2018
The fact that Ye Xiu hasn't lost his skill and was seemingly the scapegoat for a failing Excellent Era team, really was a stupid move from the manager. What I don't understand was why they were so petty about it and kind of rubbed it in his face, when they gave him the news back in S1. Why the hostility? Seems kind of weak sauce from the author, especially with no real look into it (at least so far).

Bad writing ≠ Bad decision making from characters, but something about all this just doesn't feel right.

More topics from this board

» Any updates?

Heathcliff_711 - Nov 20, 2023

4 by Percym1-0 »»
Nov 21, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Dec 4, 2020

53 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:35 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou 2 Episode 11 Discussion

AlecGH - Nov 27, 2020

13 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 10, 2023 11:56 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Doutei-kun - Nov 20, 2020

17 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 10, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou 2 Episode 9 Discussion

DeadlyRaven - Nov 15, 2020

15 by Sun_Chan »»
Jul 10, 2023 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.