Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 18, 2020 7:21 PM

May 2012
I found this anime pretty fun to watch. until I stumbled upon some plot hole. I don't really mind having supernatural stories for school life genre, but when they forced logical explanation to it, I can't stand it anymore.

The worst plot hole of the season imo is:
1. Why did the president decide to erase his secretary's witch power?
2. Who and how did they write the supernatural books? Why does it has to be 2 separate volume? And why make it a volume anyway, why not just make it a note or something. I mean, the volume literally consists of only like 2 sentences.
3. Why does the witch power is transferred to students who are willing to have some kind of power?

That turns out to be a pretty long rant. Any thoughts?
Please be advised that I wrote this with only watching the anime, so no manga materials involved.

edit: while I'm at it, i decided to add my thoughts on the season.

The character is unbelievably shallow. all the witches except for the body swap and charm (yes, i forgot both of their name) basically did nothing. they also didn't put enough emphasis on how the club member who wanted to be president (yes, i forgot his name too) is a pervert. end.
sora2eugeneAug 18, 2020 7:25 PM
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Sep 11, 2020 7:56 PM
Nov 2017
Most of your problems can be solved by reading the manga. The anime crammed 90 chapters into 13 episodes. That's why some of the characters seem shallow. And some of the mystery was left unresolved for future plot.

The secretary wanted her power removed so that's why. And the seventh witch got something out of her power just like everyone else. Sorry for the vague answer but I havent read it for a few years.your answers lie in the manga
Sep 12, 2020 11:11 PM

May 2012
HecticHooligan said:
Most of your problems can be solved by reading the manga. The anime crammed 90 chapters into 13 episodes. That's why some of the characters seem shallow. And some of the mystery was left unresolved for future plot.

The secretary wanted her power removed so that's why. And the seventh witch got something out of her power just like everyone else. Sorry for the vague answer but I havent read it for a few years.your answers lie in the manga

Thanks for the answer m8. That means the anime is a bad adaptation of the manga
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Sep 13, 2020 2:53 PM
Nov 2017
sora2eugene said:
HecticHooligan said:

Thanks for the answer m8. That means the anime is a bad adaptation of the manga

I wouldn't call it bad, just really rushed. I enjoyed it, but I didn't love it till I read the manga. Thats just my view. Though I think a lot of fans agree with that sentiment. If you decide to read it I hope you enjoy.
Nov 17, 2020 10:22 PM

Apr 2014
I don't even care anymore about the plot. This anime mainly focused on kissing, like bro I kissed you but no homo. Makes no sense.
Jun 1, 2021 7:20 PM
Aug 2018
The biggest problem of this anime is its pacing due to the high amount of chapters crammed into 12 ep. It should have been like 24-25ep to be faithful and good as the manga.
Reviewing is not easy.
Aug 10, 2021 4:28 AM
Mar 2020
I mean yeah they skipped many chapter and this made the story rushed but as far to enjoying it. I really enjoyed it a 7/10 for me. If it was a good adaptation it was more like a 8/10 or even more than that. This anime could easily have a season 2 but they decided rush it up, they did a good job in the first few eps but later you obviously find some plotholes. Some questions i got while watching this anime was
1) even if a person knows all the name of the witches he can't gather them, it's not like they are some objects like dragon balls.
2) in the 12th ep some scenes obviously appeared to be rushed like never showed how the witch who lost her power got her power back.
3) as it was rushed so much sometimes the outcomes was so obvious and sudden like in the last ep the president suddenly agreed to their wishes and let yamada do whatever he wanted and let him make the wish. At the start he was so reluctant.
4 lastly why is the opening so good
Encount03Aug 10, 2021 4:37 AM
Aug 10, 2021 4:40 AM
Mar 2020
sora2eugene said:
I found this anime pretty fun to watch. until I stumbled upon some plot hole. I don't really mind having supernatural stories for school life genre, but when they forced logical explanation to it, I can't stand it anymore.

2. Who and how did they write the supernatural books? Why does it has to be 2 separate volume? And why make it a volume anyway, why not just make it a note or something. I mean, the volume literally consists of only like 2 sentences.
3. Why does the witch power is transferred to students who are willing to have some kind of power?

That turns out to be a pretty long rant. Any thoughts?
Please be advised that I wrote this with only watching the anime, so no manga materials involved.

edit: while I'm at it, i decided to add my thoughts on the season.

The character is unbelievably shallow. all the witches except for the body swap and charm (yes, i forgot both of their name) basically did nothing. they also didn't put enough emphasis on how the club member who wanted to be president (yes, i forgot his name too) is a pervert. end.

Last witch is selected cuz she is the most important one and she is needed for the ceremony to be held.
Aug 22, 2021 5:38 AM
Dec 2019
sora2eugene said:
I

Aren’t these more like unexplained plot strings rather than plot holes?
Aug 22, 2021 10:49 PM

May 2012
Pabu_Redpanda said:

weren't they the same?
Aug 23, 2021 12:57 AM
Dec 2019
sora2eugene said:
Pabu_Redpanda said:

weren't they the same?

Plot holes are inconsistencies the story that don’t match up with the story
Sep 1, 2021 4:15 AM
Jul 2021
i love this anime and this anime is so perfect romance and this idea (kiss) is so cool. :)
Sep 7, 2021 4:09 AM
May 2021
Some of your questions can be answered in the manga, but some not. Be prepared if you plan to read the manga, since more and more plot holes will arise later. The first arc (which has already been adapted) is the greatest arc with satisfying conclusion and many character developments.

Here are my answers for your questions:

4. Why does only the last witch is selected by voting?

5. Why does the last witch willing to erase other students memories sacrificing herself?
For Rika's situation:

In the later arc:

6. Why should she erase the memories of the person who knows the name of all witches if it is needed to activate the magic?

7. Who is actually responsible of telling the last witch to erase people's memories? Is it the president? If yes, why?

destinicalSep 7, 2021 4:16 AM
Sep 13, 2021 1:55 AM

May 2012
destinical said:
Some of your questions can be answered in the manga, but some not. Be prepared if you plan to read the manga, since more and more plot holes will arise later. The first arc (which has already been adapted) is the greatest arc with satisfying conclusion and many character developments.

it is too bad that the anime leaves so many things unanswered.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2015

291 by Tauren64 »»
Apr 26, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

146 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2015

306 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

153 by brokeRyuk »»
Feb 23, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2015

121 by Kiruko-san »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.