Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 17, 2020 6:45 AM
May 2017
I might've missed something, but why is Kaburagi investing so much into Natsume?
Aug 17, 2020 7:45 AM
Feb 2020
I was wondering the same lmao
Aug 17, 2020 10:39 AM

Apr 2011
Because for the show to be interesting they have to have something to thrive, i guess. Does it make sense? No.
Aug 17, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2009
Are you really that dumb, or asking the most stupid questions and pretending you don't understand the plot is some kind of a meme/trolling now?
ame-furiAug 17, 2020 11:48 AM
Aug 18, 2020 1:31 AM

Jun 2020
That's because he was going to give up on living, and also succumb to his fate of doing things he doesn't agree with (removing bugs), but she woke him up. She also reminds him of Mikey, someone he really liked and feels guilty about not helping. Then there's also how she herself is a bug, so he wants so see how she would live inside the system. And finally because he has a personal connection with her (as companions). But seriously, Kaburagi says it so many times: "I was saved by her!"; I don't know how you can miss it.
TadanoMariAug 18, 2020 1:36 AM
Aug 18, 2020 3:23 AM
Mar 2020
pffft, and I thought the "its not an isekai or online world" point was the only one that went over peoples head no matter how often it gets mentioned. Ah well. I was typing an explanination but the post above already sums it up well :P
Aug 18, 2020 7:31 AM
Sep 2017
Is this another Old man and Children romance bullsht? Im so sick of those. I need some good anime without a weird fetish.

Aug 18, 2020 7:39 AM

Jul 2009
ThreadFazer said:
Is this another Old man and Children romance bullsht? Im so sick of those. I need some good anime without a weird fetish.

What? There are no sings of romance between them. It's more like father-daughter relationship.
Aug 18, 2020 7:42 AM
Sep 2017
ame-furi said:
ThreadFazer said:

What? There are no sings of romance between them. It's more like father-daughter relationship.
i hope so. I just want some good anime.

Aug 19, 2020 4:15 AM
Sep 2018
ThreadFazer said:
ame-furi said:

i hope so. I just want some good anime.

If you didn’t watch a Single episode yet, don't spread sh*ts.
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Aug 19, 2020 4:26 AM
Sep 2017
You didnt see the question mark in my comment bruhh?
NotTrying2BLazyAug 19, 2020 4:42 AM

Aug 19, 2020 11:01 AM

Jan 2009
lol Kaburagi is inspired by Natsume it seems but ye i do not know if its just inspiration at this point since there maybe love too? that age gap though
Aug 19, 2020 1:05 PM
Feb 2014
Emo-Trash said:
I might've missed something, but why is Kaburagi investing so much into Natsume?

Dunno maybe try to watch the anime at normal speed and stop posting shit on MAL/Reddit/Twitter/4chan while watching it.
Aug 30, 2020 3:14 PM
Apr 2020
Because Natsume is a bug for him
Sep 1, 2020 2:09 AM

Apr 2019
Emo-Trash said:

Natsume was a bug but she wasn't caught. Kabu wanted to see what she would be like, and he realised that the humans were stronger than he ever thought, and he grew to love her.
my life was made with mematic.
Sep 1, 2020 3:08 AM

Jun 2020
Kaburagi and I can relate in wanting to smash bugs, that's for sure
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 3, 2020 2:37 AM

Jun 2019
It has everything to do with what she symbolizes as a person - a spirit of free thought, self-determination, bravery under fire in combat, resilience, dutiful work ethic, self-sacrifice, and of resistance to a system which seems preordained and refusal to acquiesce to the bred and ingrained pessimism and fatalism of the system's other subjects. I imagine to Kaburagi most of the other cyborgs and conditioned humans seem like totally dead inside dispirited slaves.

He doesn't agree with the system or its aims so at first he was just using her as a proxy to see how far someone else who refused to bow down in spite of their programming could fight back and push the system. Maybe just for cynical entertainment at first without any real hope or expectation behind it. And then he vicariously began experiencing a sense of hope and possibility.

There are minor indications of liking her as a person apart from that, as a friend or teammate and possibly in a paternal way - he wants to protect her selfless innocence and naivete since he knows well she doesn't have the full picture of the extent of what she's up against. But what's portrayed in the progression of the series seems to suggest those feelings developed more recently. He first came to respect her as a person for what she represented and only after that developed more personal attachments.
WatchTillTandavaSep 3, 2020 2:42 AM
Sep 5, 2020 4:56 PM

Feb 2014
Who wouldn't care about genki shoujo waifu?
Sep 11, 2020 8:42 AM

Nov 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I know Natsume reminds him of his past and tragedy of his old friends, but I don't see it was enough, for him to be so obsessed to her.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 11, 2020 4:28 PM
Jul 2016
Emo-Trash said:

Natsume doesn't conform to the status quo or accept that things are the way they are, or what's given to her which is contrary to the system they operate in. She lives with purpose, always trying to improve. Kaburagi sees there's value to the chaos that individuality brings and wants to see a world where everyone makes their individual choices. Which is shown by the chaos his old squad brought when they CHOSE to rebel against the system. That vision is driven by Natsume, she embodies the ideals that have taken over him.

If you remember in the earlier episodes he tried it with his friend that wanted to push the limits and the system punished him. And the system already pressured them to live in a certain way. The system also punished his squad for misbehaving, their purpose was driven by the enjoyment of fighting together.

Kaburagi's higher-up friend Minato, represents the idea that there's freedom within rules/obeying the system. If Kaburagi simply abided by the system then he would be free and free to fight together. This explains why he said, "Why are you doing all this (destroying the system) all I ever wanted to do was to fight together again".

Notice the imagery such as the system storing humans in factory compartments whilst the regular humans/bugs lived in shacks as a community living. The better you operated in the system then your cyber room and way of living was nicer and came with all shiny new toys etc. To Kaburagi, it meant nothing though. Also, acting against what the system saw as normal aka doing as you pleased, resulted in punishment.

tl;dr:
Minato represents freedom as system and controls
Natsume represents freedom as individuality
Kaburagi chose to support what Natsume represents and will do it at all costs.

I guess you could say its a flaw by studio, they make Kaburagi vague when communicating that, mainly in the beginning it was the standard *anime gasp* and eyes wide open routine when Natsume did something that represented individuality.
ItsBritneyBitchSep 11, 2020 4:36 PM
Sep 12, 2020 6:49 PM
Oct 2018
Emo-Trash said:

Like a lot of people said, Natsume reminds him a lot of his older friend. Kaburagi had a dislike for the system, and after the consequences of trying to break the rules the first time Kaburagi gave up.

The system lost access to Natsume's chip when she was a child and presumed her dead. Because of that, they couldn't control her life or even keep track of her. So Natsume could in a sense be what she wanted without the system controlling her. She's a bug because she's been allowed to live freely. Kaburagi on the other hand didn't see the point in anything, but watching Natsume made him realise he wanted more from life. In a way, she saved him.

In a way I understand how Kaburagi feels to lose all hope, etc, and to find people who actually give you hope again that makes you want to change. Natsume is the resson behind his actions now, both for himself, her and the rest of the humanity. After losing hope, it's a special thing to have people give it back to you. I guess some people don't get to the point that Kaburagi did to understand why Natsume is so important to him. The anime doesn't show it well. I guess the best way to refer to how Kaburagi feels about Natsume is how the Zodiac members feel about Tohru in Fruits Basket.
Sep 14, 2020 2:31 AM
Aug 2020
I understand this kaburagi and natsume's relationship well,and i'm just really sad that it is the thriving force for the main character which affects the plot a whole lot bcs i dont relate to that at all(or i think its just not well executed).
But i'm still watching,just to see what happens next,but i've kind of lost almost all interest in the show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

241 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2020

124 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2020

127 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2020

113 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Deca-Dence Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2020

138 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.