Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2008 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I was funny the way Asaoka was able to rile the normally unflappable Yoh up. Yoh was too funny, the way he kept pinching Haruna cheeks. You could tell that he wanted to tell her to stop talking to Asaoka. And the way Asaoka was talking to Haruna at the end; even her dense self was starting to wonder... He better watch it because Yoh has no intention of losing to Asaoka... I can hardly wait for the next chapter!
Mar 31, 2008 2:27 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
"Fufufufu"
"It's not 'fufufufu', you FREAK!"

Hahahahaha! That line was awesome.

I wonder why Asaoka is acting like this all of a sudden... it's kind of weird, I think. I'm still not sure if he's 100% for Haruna, or more like 50% Haruna + 50% Yoh, and he's just being meddlesome because it suits his personality... I mean, he was serious when she hurt herself, but he was just as serious when teasing Yoh, trying to get him to be passionate. I swear, he likes Yoh as much as he like Haruna, if not more.

Otherwise good chapter :) Can't wait for the meet!

Apr 2, 2008 10:13 PM

Jun 2007
I never thought I'd say this but... Asaoka is actually somewhat interesting! He's been so plain and boring up until this chapter. I can't tell if this is a serious love triangle (Asaoka would lose very easily if it was, I think) or if he justs like to mess with people. :P
kin-chanApr 9, 2008 10:31 PM

May 4, 2008 12:14 PM

Apr 2008
It kind of came out of nowhere didn't it.....Asaoka liking Haruna I mean. Ahh well I think he just wants to stir things up a little and watch the results ^^
Can't wait for the next chapter.
May 7, 2008 11:47 AM
Jul 2007
Really, it was out of nowhere? They've been building it up for forever, I thought.

I really love how we can't tell whether he's just stirring up trouble or being serious. I love that guy!
May 15, 2008 7:38 PM
Feb 2008
accela said:
Really, it was out of nowhere? They've been building it up for forever, I thought.

I really love how we can't tell whether he's just stirring up trouble or being serious. I love that guy!

I agree! Since the beginning, I always thought there was something up with him. This chapter was so funny and exciting! I can't wait to see what happens next. And I can't decide which side to take...but I guess It'll be Yoh!! I just can't really imagine Haruna and Asaoka being together (although I love asaoka!)
May 16, 2008 2:08 PM

Jul 2007
omg i cant wait for the next chap
every charcter is soo lovable
Jun 20, 2008 11:27 PM

Oct 2007
you guys have said it all!

I defenitely don't think Asaoka likes Haruna 100%, but I think he does like her quite a bit. Though he defenitely cares for Yoh as a friend and if Haruna wasn't dating Yoh i think he'd feel completely different on her. I think he just wants to be in a relationship that "changes" him, after seeing how Yoh changed being with Haruna.

Yeah... he's just a troublemaker though. But it was still really adorable when he said "I wonder if i had picked up your shoe first would you have asked me to be your coach" awwwww.

Anyway! It was so cute when Yoh was pinching Haruna's cheeks because he was frustrated. Yoh is too adorable.
Mar 14, 2009 11:26 PM

Apr 2008
katsup said:
you guys have said it all!
Agreed!!! :D

'Give up' ... Asaoka's face showed his feelings.. he obviously really cares for them both, plus he knows Haruna loves Yoh. Though he is having too much fun teasing Yoh!! :P Part of me thinks, knowing what is would do to Haruna, all this time he went without confessing so I don't think he would now anyway... so Yoh kinda got himself into this contest by giving Asaoka more leverage! XD

I also feel sorry for Haruna's face! ^^;
Apr 6, 2009 10:20 PM

Jun 2008
hahahah!!! yoh kept on pinching her cheeks.. that was so cute... asaoka's so funny the way he teases yoh hahahah.
Oct 6, 2009 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm i'm not sure, lose or win..Yoh must not give up Haruna
Dec 11, 2009 7:14 AM
Oct 2009
i feel that he likes her , but he wouldn't do something like this to his friend though .. and i have a feeling that it has something to do with the girl that was there when yoh was practicing late at school (forgot her name )
Dec 28, 2009 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
woow this is getting quite interesting!! i think even though asaoka likes teasing yoh, he is still serious about that whole issue, the part of "i wonder what would've happened if it had been me" says it all, i feel kinda bad for him ):
Nov 21, 2010 9:45 PM

May 2008
I agree with,katsup!That line which Asaoka said "I wonder if i had picked up your shoe first would you have asked me to be your coach" is is I don't know the right adjective for that but I find it awww :3

Lol I don't know why but I don't feel lazy reading this Manga unlike some other Manga I usually take pauses xD

Love is filled with mystery
Feb 1, 2011 10:53 AM

Aug 2010
Pigwidgeon said:
accela said:

I agree! Since the beginning, I always thought there was something up with him. This chapter was so funny and exciting! I can't wait to see what happens next. And I can't decide which side to take...but I guess It'll be Yoh!! I just can't really imagine Haruna and Asaoka being together (although I love asaoka!)

yeah i noticed from previous chapters that there was something weird about Aosaka...
i like the way he teases Yoh he's so funny...
this is manga is really intersting and i really want to know what will happen nex...
Feb 7, 2011 9:46 PM

Nov 2008
I find Asaoka to be an interesting character, so I'm really happy he's been showing up more in the manga, even if its just to heat up Yoh's jealousy.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

May 31, 2014 3:03 PM

Oct 2011
Pigwidgeon said:
accela said:

Exactly, exactly!!
Asaoka always had something weird. Even in the beginning, when Yoh was couching Haruna, Yoh said that it would be good if she started dating Asaoka, right? and he was always there to help or to tease.
Anyway, is the first time we see really something like a triangle here. I tought it would happen something with the freshman guys, but it looks like they were forgotten. xD
"I wonder if i had picked up your shoe first would you have asked me to be your coach" That made me kinda sad ):
But I think Asaoka just want a relationship where he can be changed, like Yoh was. It just happened thjat the girl to do that was Haruna, so he felt attracted to her. i think if she wasn't with Yoh, he wouldn't act like that
Kind out off topic: Isn't Haruna being really cute recently? and her clothes aren't weird at all. actually, I can't remember the last time she wore something ridiculous xD
THAT made me laugh a lot:
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/173/09-036.0/compressed/koukou_36.24.jpg
Nov 29, 2014 7:21 PM

May 2014
Deskachan said:
Pigwidgeon said:

Exactly, exactly!!
Asaoka always had something weird. Even in the beginning, when Yoh was couching Haruna, Yoh said that it would be good if she started dating Asaoka, right? and he was always there to help or to tease.
Anyway, is the first time we see really something like a triangle here. I tought it would happen something with the freshman guys, but it looks like they were forgotten. xD
"I wonder if i had picked up your shoe first would you have asked me to be your coach" That made me kinda sad ):
But I think Asaoka just want a relationship where he can be changed, like Yoh was. It just happened thjat the girl to do that was Haruna, so he felt attracted to her. i think if she wasn't with Yoh, he wouldn't act like that
Kind out off topic: Isn't Haruna being really cute recently? and her clothes aren't weird at all. actually, I can't remember the last time she wore something ridiculous xD
THAT made me laugh a lot:
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/173/09-036.0/compressed/koukou_36.24.jpg

yeah i was questioning her clothes too! does she just wear the same clothes that she bought with assa on all her dates or what? i really wanted asaoka to convey his feelings tho ):
Aug 3, 2019 4:21 PM
Feb 2019
the scene when Asaoka asks what if he grabbed the shoe instead of yoh had me thinking, it really couldve been a whole other storyline.. weird im really interested in where this is going, and still unsure whether Asaoka is being serious or just messing with them..

More topics from this board

» Volume 14 & 15?

YoiAkuma55 - Aug 28, 2022

2 by DazaiKun72 »»
Jan 23, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

postergirl - Jul 14, 2008

51 by WinterknightX »»
Jul 11, 2021 2:00 AM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 47 Discussion

Talu - Oct 15, 2008

22 by dweeb02 »»
Aug 3, 2019 8:02 PM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 46 Discussion

Talu - Oct 13, 2008

20 by dweeb02 »»
Aug 3, 2019 7:48 PM

Poll: » Koukou Debut Chapter 45 Discussion

IncognitoOtaku - Sep 16, 2008

36 by dweeb02 »»
Aug 3, 2019 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.