Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 27, 2019 8:40 PM
Apr 2013
Baby's first word! This series had the same amount of things going for it as it did dialogue. and that were MC's thighs. Everything else was a waste of time
Jun 28, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2017
Thank god, it's over.
This was not only insanely boring, but bad too. A comedy without dialogue does not work in anime.

3/10
Please don't get another season.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jul 1, 2019 12:03 AM

Sep 2015
This had potential to be good in spite of there being no dialogue. It just wasn't executed well. I'd be okay with another season as long as it's done better than this. Either Seven needs to step up its game (like with Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken) or it has to be given to another studio who can do it better.

Things I found as a detriment to the show:
  • Starting with thighs. If you open with fanservice, most of the time you're admitting that you're not confident that it'll stand on its own and you're desperate to hook people.
  • Mouths moving as if they were speaking, but without any audible dialogue. Speaking during those situations would be a natural occurrence, but it's awkward when you don't hear it without something else going on.
  • Having any characters speak actual words (specifically referring to the last line in this episode). The whole gimmick of the show is that there's no dialogue.
While I wouldn't consider having lyrics a detriment necessarily, I think the ED would have fit the theme of the show better if it were instrumental.
Jul 2, 2019 5:30 PM
Jan 2019
What?! Hahaha, unexpected ending. I was surprised to hear the voice of one of the girls characters, in the end.
I will miss this super short anime: ').
Jul 2, 2019 10:01 PM

Jan 2012
A pretty cute little short series. Not exactly memorable, but a nice piece of fluff I'm glad I experienced. 7/10 :)
Jul 6, 2019 10:31 AM

Jul 2015
That scene with the short girl not being able to reach the handle felt relatable as a shortie myself
She finally talked!
Pretty wholesome short series

Jul 14, 2019 8:58 AM

Apr 2011
Wow, she spoke. And the only time in the series too.

This short series is quite a waste of time...In a good way.

6/10
Apr 3, 2020 10:35 AM
Feb 2017
You know it's the last episode when someone actually talks.

First Popee the Performer (watch ep 39 for context), and now this.
Aug 23, 2020 1:43 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, no way she act the silent treaty anymore. Because of what? Because this is a fuckin end for her and her friends! God damn sad for me, actually! So the last word surely served pretty accurate!

Oh, man, this show is actually so bad its good. The concept of silence show was brilliant, unique, and had so much emotion meaning behind of it. I might be crazy if i called this 10, or 9, or 8. But this show really proved the right to put it on that! Unfortunately, this was not a full length episodes. Only short shit without any great development over their banters.

7/10. Because i love their interaction, its unique concept of silent, and i am so fuckin generous weeb. No details. Its justified every aspects from me. Thats it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 29, 2020 8:19 AM

Jul 2016
This was surprisingly way more entertaining than I expected and it's now unironically one of my top 10 2019 anime.

I usually hate high school comedy anime but I can open an exception to non-sense bullshit. The best part is that it was a silent anime so I didn't have to listen to annoying anime girls screeching. 10/10 sound department over here.

Good mini anime, solid 7/10 for me.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Apr 14, 2021 9:52 AM

Aug 2018
Overall, it was a very nice series.. ;P Mime anime premise is interesting, and I think anime did it well.. Lots of moments were funny, anime was entertaining and enjoyable to watch.. Ending is so happy too, and nice to look at and listen.. Was a nice anime.. ;P
Jul 13, 2021 3:03 AM

Mar 2020
Watched the thighs clip from the first episode on YouTube, it looked silly, so I thought I'd check out what it was. Found out the entire series was comprised to twelve 3½ minute episodes and thought, "why not, let's check it out". Now I've completed it and I'm happy I did!

The surprise twist at the end was very funny, it fit in perfectly with the theme of the series. I think the reason I enjoyed it so much was the fact that it was told without any spoken words. Not sure it would work if it was episodes much longer then they were.

Granted, after watching the first episode, I was expecting it to be a bit more fan service oriented, I'm glad that wasn't the case though. I found myself laughing in some episode, feel all warm and fuzzy inside from all the sweet, cute stuff they did. Take the skateboard episode, nothing but friends celebrating their friendship, a pure delight. But I also found myself crying my eyes out during the episode with the hairpin used by the girl with glasses. When the main girl broke her own keychain thing in order to fix that hairpin, let's just say my waterworks was flowing as much as glasses girls was.

What amazes me so much with the show is the fact that the story is told purely by animation, which the studio did an amazing job of btw. The simple giggle and gasping sounds coming from the voice actors also help convey the emotions of the scenes. I'm just so impressed at how affective this show is at conveying emotion without actually saying a single word.

Well, anyway. Just wanted to say a few words about this anime because I did enjoy the heck out of it. I've already bookmarked it on my Crunchyroll account, 'cause I could defiantly watch this one again, that's for sure!!!
Sep 28, 2021 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
"I'm home!"

What an ending, dunno if that was an ending that can stick but hey, this anime was just fun and games.

Good anime. I loved the manga so I went for this. Found the manga better but I liked the anime for what it was. Good stuff. 6/10.
Nov 15, 2021 8:18 AM

Feb 2020
"Tadaima."

Well, it was a pretty average show, but the girls and their reactions were incredibly cute. :3

6/10
May 17, 2022 10:32 PM
Dec 2019
There's something sinister behind Mayumi's giggles :P
Jun 4, 2022 6:56 PM
Mar 2019
Overall, No dialogue and soso jokes.
Was hoping for a bit more, but alas.....
Dec 20, 2022 7:40 AM
Aug 2021
bruv holy this series actually has dialogues god dayum.
these shorts are short and nice, low budget but did a fairly good job.
Jun 21, 2023 1:18 PM
Oct 2017
Great plot twist!
Jan 13, 6:11 PM

Jan 2020
When she spoke, that caught me off guard. Gave me goosebumps.
Jan 16, 12:50 AM

Nov 2023
This is one of the anime of all time.

This was a quick watch, totaling at under an hour and I don't know how to feel. It's not bad, I like the art and think that some episodes were pretty fun but that's pretty much it.

If you got nothing to do, this is the anime for you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Joshikausei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

62 by White_Alice »»
Dec 2, 2023 6:07 AM

Poll: » Joshikausei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

107 by White_Alice »»
Dec 2, 2023 6:06 AM

Poll: » Joshikausei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

27 by 0ssi »»
May 17, 2022 10:31 PM

Poll: » Joshikausei Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

18 by 0ssi »»
May 17, 2022 10:29 PM

Poll: » Joshikausei Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

28 by 0ssi »»
May 17, 2022 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.