Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 24, 2020 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
One Piece nearly 900 episodes in:
Oda: Oh, possible final villain everyone

This mysterious figure looks so eerie. And why in the world is he sitting in the empty throne?!! Nani? I thought its vacancy symbolized democracy? So it was all a lie and he is the true king? Does that mean he has existed for nearly 800 years? Or maybe it is a she. Who knows at this point? From what I can tell this Imu sama has a particular interest in Luffy, Blackbeard, Shirahoshi, and Vivi. In the first two, I can see the connection. They both are related to the will of D. Specifically, I think they're more interested in Luffy because of the Strawhat. After all, they are keeping a giant, nearly-rotten, straw hat hidden away. That said, they don't appear to be a fan of both Luffy and Blackbeard. They sure took their time cutting the wanted posters to pieces. Shirahoshi is the current form of Poseidon so their interest is quite obvious. But Vivi? Why is she included? Is it because her ancestors are considered betrayers by the celestial dragons? Or maybe it is because she is somehow related to Pluto? Other than that, Imu-sama does have a gentle side. Look at how they're caressing the cute little butterflies.

Another thing to be noted. The 'light' that needs to be extinguished? So those 4 people in the posters/pictures were possible 'lights' and they need to be deleted from history? And I guess Vivi is the first one to go? Talk about bad luck and unfortunate circumstances. And what "great cleansing" is this elder spouting? The way he made it sound like it seems genocidal. This is certainly disturbing.

I have so many questions, Oda. You teasing us like this when you know full well we won't be getting the answers for a year or two! Or maybe even more than that.
May 22, 2020 2:44 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the current events of this arc are indeed highly intriguing and curious-striking!

Shanks sudden appearance, Alabasta Royal Family drop and Shirahoshi, Blackbeard, Vivi and Luffy sharing a common interest from the mysterious figure, what a set-up this is! Pity that the Wano Arc is coming next though so it's hard to say when we'll be seeing this return again.

Looks like we're finally getting a clue on the main antagonist now, on the other hand. Democracy, to hell with that lol.

Lots of recap throughout this arc but they were fine I suppose so no biggies. Marineford Arc and the Sabaody Archipelago Arc are two of my favorite arcs of the franchise so it was nice to have a nice little recap on these two, in particular.

Finally time for the Wano Arc! Promotional video in the end of the last couple of episodes is enough to suggest that this is going to be a great, and I can't wait for that!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 25, 2020 4:54 PM

Jun 2016
We all knew that the throne was only empty in image, but I didn't expect someone to sit on it so soon. This person is the one the five elders and presumably the celestial dragons follow. Their figure looks like a dark souls boss, and we're getting a final look into the remaining mysterious parties on the sea. Establishing the emperor's and the warlords and the admirals and the elders and the revolutionaries and the supernovas doesn't leave much left in the world completely unknown to us, but this was one of those final notches to discover.
Sep 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Mar 2020
I kind of have a feeling that Imu might just be the final villain.. like he sits on the throne that nobody is supposed to sit on, a throne which represents the unity of all countries and prevents dictatorship, and Five Elders, the highest authority of the Navy, bow down to him.... Such conspiracy
Aug 22, 2021 10:43 PM

Sep 2015
So apparently there is someone who is in a higher authority than the 5 elders, that I think only that 5 elders know.
I wonder why they keep this a secret to the world. Just seems like relentless amount of corruption, and a very long history of it.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 26, 2021 5:30 AM

Jun 2019
Who's the mysterious guy at the end? Even the elders bow down to him. It's taking so long. It's frustrating.
Sep 25, 2021 6:55 AM
May 2012
So gorusei are not the highest, and the throne that no one can sit on was sat on by someone name Im.
Jan 24, 2022 1:47 AM

May 2016
I was really excited to find out about how the Reverie will impact the One Piece world from this point on but the last few minutes of this episode really stole the show!

To think that there's a puppetmaster who's been controlling the highest officials of the World Government. If he was the one who actually ordered for the eradication of Ohara, it looks like his next order's going to involve Shirahoshi's murder for being the new incarnation of the Ancient Weapon Poseidon...

Apr 20, 2022 6:22 AM

Feb 2014
Ooo I wanna find out more about this Im-sama...
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Aug 20, 2022 5:08 PM

Dec 2018
skipped ahead 17 minutes and missed nothing.
Nov 26, 2022 5:19 AM

May 2015
FINALLY OVER, this arc was rendered boring and totally ruined by all those unnecessary flashbacks, but I guess Toei had to do something to extend it... Still, it was nice seeing all those characters come together with some introductions and questions left for I don't know when to be answered... anyways, at last, Wano Country arc, FINALLY, I hope the Straw Hats will be never apart again, I hate that so much and I can't stand it.
Mar 31, 2023 5:57 AM
Dec 2022
It was good because we know something is going in the underworld..
Jun 28, 2023 7:09 PM
May 2021
Even thought there are more questions than answwers in this chapter, i am excited to see what comes forward.
Mar 12, 7:17 PM
Oct 2019
Once again 5 mins of the new content, God damn bruhh.

So The Empty Throne is a Lie, of course what do i expect from the World Government.
There is someone above Gorosei?
Who tf is Imu-sama?
Nahh whoever that is at least now we know there is the Final Boss of One Piece!!
We already almost on Episodes 900 and Oda just take it to another level.
davidyodo24Mar 13, 1:28 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - 1 hour ago

1 by N0T3LI_ »»
31 minutes ago

» Toei didn't improve anything after time skip beside the artstyle and animation

Reckless_weeb - Yesterday

43 by nighm »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

38 by Ridzaxster »»
2 hours ago

» Why is there no episode poll pop-up when updating One Piece episode watch count?

Spirelord - 7 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» How Did He Do It?

eze_k22 - Yesterday

6 by eze_k22 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.