Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan: Before the Fall
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2019 1:40 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Last chapter!!! The other 8 episodes to arrive at 73 were the specials, shorts and extras when we learned more about our principal characters includes in the volumes!

Kuklo and Xavi killed "The Ogre" Titan together, amazing?!
Felix survived, it was a great surprise too, for Rosa more! kekeke
Gloria Bernhart turned in a great character, ambitious, but she knew the way to take, even after dying, I liked it!
Happy end for this Spin-Off!!!

In general was a great Spin-Off, because if you like "Attack of Titan", the Spin-Off show you a small part of the story, but important, how was the birth of the equipments (iron bamboo swords, tri-dimensional device...) and the current team (winged jackets) to kill Titans and the difficulties crossed, and always with a one vision, hope to scape of the "jail"! ;)
Aug 27, 2019 1:22 PM
Jul 2017
The ending felt really rush.

Xavi that was hating Kuklo and the previous chapter suddenly felt that he should save Kuklo out of nowhere and accepted him as his brother in law? What?
Gloria's uncle who killed her in the previous chapter had failed to disband the survey corps and this could have been made into another chapter but they just rushed it quickly instead.

Anyways, overall it's a good manga. The ending really was a turn-off for this underrated manga.
Sep 15, 2019 8:39 AM

Feb 2012
Welp. Good ending for sure. But ending still feel rushed. Like they cram 2-3 chapter conten in one.
Score 8/10 from me.
i wish and dream for the Future where everyone i care can Smile happily from their heart. But no matter where i look. how ever i see... there s no me. im not there. Just like that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 15, 2019 4:47 PM

Jan 2010
Like everyone said: too rushed ;; but the story itself was really good ♥︎ I’m gonna miss it ;;;
But I’m really sad that had no Easter eggs related to the main story ;; I thought that maybe we could see Ymir’s titan, or one of them were actually an Ackerman, or at least someone will be the grandfather of one of the protagonists of the main story, but no ;; nothing like that ;;;
Still I liked very much, but I wanted to know with who Cardina is going to marry aaaaa he is my favorite character, I want to see him happy ;; (I always thought that he liked Kuklo, but since they couldn’t be together I was wanting to see him fall in love with someone else and make a family, poor bby Cardina)
Oct 7, 2019 10:39 PM

Jan 2016
The ending was pretty rushed but I'm very happy they went over EVERYTHING.

The expedition was successful, and Felix ended up living!!

Xavi decided to stop being a psycho siscon for some reason too?

And Sharle and Ku are getting marrriiieeedd <3
Feb 12, 2021 10:08 PM

Jan 2019
I enjoyed the lore about the creation of the gear and the bamboo swords. Still feels kinda weird that this Manga got a happy ending, I mean come on, Attack on Titan and a happy ending in the same sentence? Not complaining tho, Its much better than a sad ending.
Feb 14, 2022 12:23 AM
Sep 2020
z3r0_x said:
The ending felt really rush.

Xavi that was hating Kuklo and the previous chapter suddenly felt that he should save Kuklo out of nowhere and accepted him as his brother in law? What?
Gloria's uncle who killed her in the previous chapter had failed to disband the survey corps and this could have been made into another chapter but they just rushed it quickly instead.

Anyways, overall it's a good manga. The ending really was a turn-off for this underrated manga.

I liked this ending better than the shit storm we got in ch 139
Aug 11, 2022 3:19 AM

Oct 2010
such a great happy ending, overall I liked this spin-off
weird that no one died, it's SnK after all but why not, it was cool.
8/10
Nov 5, 2022 8:05 PM
Jun 2016
Very disappointing ending, it may as well just had a black page. Also none of these characters are brought up in the main story so it was pretty much just pointless filler. This could of been better if they waited until the main story was finished so they could build around it.

It was fine at best for me
Nov 13, 2023 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed reading this manga and the light novel, too. It offered a large amount of world building for what life was like inside the walls including important historical events like the discovery that Titans can be killed. I can imagine the characters from the main series learning about Angel and the others in the training school.

However, as many others have said, the ending was very rushed. So much happened in the final chapter. And killing Ogre seemed too easy? I know he wasn’t an intelligent Titan like those from the main series but he still should have had a longer battle with Kuklo and Xavi. Also, an additional chapter to round up the loose ends would have been a better way to end rather than a lengthy monologue. Also, a scene showing Kuklo and Sharle’s wedding with Xavi scowling in the background!

Echoing the other comments, I’m also surprised no one died. One of Rosa’s friends or even Commander Carlo seemed like good candidates (even though my heart would have broken if Carlo had died). But the author played it safe and only red shirts bit it.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It wasn’t perfect and I didn’t like the artwork at some points but the story was sound enough.
Jun 1, 6:03 AM

Jan 2013
they could have paced the ending better if there weren't soo many filler chapters each volume. solid 6/10 otherwise.

More topics from this board

» I have a question about a character

Fullmettle - Nov 5, 2022

2 by LadyMarble »»
Nov 13, 2023 3:38 AM

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 21, 2022

4 by LadyMarble »»
Nov 13, 2023 3:32 AM

» chances of anime adaptation

Eldencheese - Sep 19, 2023

5 by LadyMarble »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall Chapter 45 Discussion

Ranxomare - May 6, 2019

2 by _Bakemono_ »»
Feb 6, 2022 6:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

5 by _Bakemono_ »»
Feb 4, 2022 11:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.