Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2019 4:36 PM

Jul 2014
I'm about 40 chapters in and I really can't get into it. I love Rai, since I have a thing for those silent badasses, and Frankenstein seems to be pretty cool so far, as well, but the story right now is so... eh. Does it get better? Or is the story pretty much just this?
I'm one that can only get through something if I like at least one of the characters, but when the story bores me, I feel like I'm forcing myself through it for no reason. I can put up with the slowness of this story for Rai, but if this is all the story is for the next 500+ chapters, I'm not gonna have it.
Also, this is my second time trying to get into it and I've at least gotten further than I did before.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
DeadlyRavenMar 15, 2019 10:06 PM
Mar 14, 2019 5:21 PM

Jan 2019
i dont really remember i dropped it 200 something chapters in and its been a long time it didnt feel that engaging for me to keep up with it with the releases every week if you are not enjoying it leave it there is plenty of anime and manga around to be watched / read
especially since its not finished i dont know about you but i dont keep up with things every week unless i found them really interesting
Mar 14, 2019 5:33 PM

Jul 2014
Daphi said:
i dont really remember i dropped it 200 something chapters in and its been a long time it didnt feel that engaging for me to keep up with it with the releases every week if you are not enjoying it leave it there is plenty of anime and manga around to be watched / read
especially since its not finished i dont know about you but i dont keep up with things every week unless i found them really interesting

Yeah, I'm the same way. I reeeally try to stay away from unfinished works, be it anime or manga/manhwa/manhua. Unless, as you mentioned, it's super engaging. I might just officially drop it, but I wanted to make sure that it doesn't get amazing later on (since some great stories have a super slow start). I really like Rai as a character, so I don't want to miss out on anything good, you know?
Mar 14, 2019 5:51 PM

Jan 2019
it wouldn't be an 8.44 if it wasn't good
id have given it an 8.44 myself, i think i really enjoyed reading it
but i still dropped it
while i finish shows that are rated 5.7 on mal

i cant explain it , i think it was pretty good, but it just didnt stick to me

maybe i will try reading it again when i have finished most works and noblesse is finished as well

i had the same issue with tower of god, which i thought was fantastic, but then i didnt have the time to read it for 2 months or so so i dropped it because i couldnt get into it, for me sometimes its just hard to get back into stories if i didnt keep up with them so i end up leaving them so recently i decided i would stop starting to read unfinished stories and focus on finished ones first
DenkiDestroy99XMar 14, 2019 5:54 PM
Mar 15, 2019 10:05 PM

May 2009
Thread Moved from Manga Discussion
Mar 22, 2019 3:20 PM

Feb 2018
The story does get a bit repeditive, what really kept me going was frankenstein cuz he is hillarious, so if you like the characters enough, and there ll be plenty more in the future, then you ll have no problem reading this. But the story doesn't really get better.
Mar 22, 2019 3:24 PM

Jul 2014
xShinigami3125 said:
The story does get a bit repeditive, what really kept me going was frankenstein cuz he is hillarious, so if you like the characters enough, and there ll be plenty more in the future, then you ll have no problem reading this. But the story doesn't really get better.

Thank you for the honest answer! It's exactly what I was looking for. I'm legitimately only continuing for the characters, so I guess I can push through a bit more. If the story still bores me, I'll just drop it; no big deal.
Mar 22, 2019 3:26 PM

Feb 2018
BlameSaiki said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Thank you for the honest answer! It's exactly what I was looking for. I'm legitimately only continuing for the characters, so I guess I can push through a bit more. If the story still bores me, I'll just drop it; no big deal.

Glad that I was able to be helpful, I hope you ll have a good time with it.
Mar 22, 2019 3:54 PM

Jul 2014
xShinigami3125 said:
BlameSaiki said:

Glad that I was able to be helpful, I hope you ll have a good time with it.

Thank you very much!

More topics from this board

» When it gets better?

Zayn_jl - Jun 19, 2021

3 by IxiaoI »»
May 23, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Chapter 544 Discussion

Ghostini - Jan 7, 2019

31 by Karva1 »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:44 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Chapter 488 Discussion

solazora - Nov 20, 2017

4 by Karva1 »»
Sep 14, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Chapter 349 Discussion

zat-bust - Dec 15, 2014

9 by Karva1 »»
Sep 14, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Chapter 280 Discussion

Zhou - Apr 15, 2013

9 by Karva1 »»
Sep 11, 2023 1:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.