Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 1, 2019 11:15 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Miku IS the girl, no contest, no, it's not even close. I can't bring myself to like the Tsundere girl at all.
Apr 17, 2020 7:57 AM
Apr 2020
Can any one explain to me why nino did not see futaro? Why did she thought that it was miku after she look at him?
May 21, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2019
mediocre. too many cliches. cheesy. thats the description of the first 3 episodes so far. nino kind of ruined it as well in this episode. its still bearable though i hope it gets better from here
Jun 18, 2020 9:43 PM

Aug 2019
jesus fucking christ what an episode. Feels like a mine field for Futaro whenever he enters that household, everything seems to be out to get him and 90% of is either Nino herself or created by Nino.
But honestly "Futaro may look like a criminal, but he's innocent" is probably the most accurate description of him i could think of.
It also equally feels like a mine field when we start talking about the good and bad waifu's of this series, i know it's way to early to be pointing fingers but... can confirm i stand Yotsuba
Jul 2, 2020 7:10 AM
Oct 2014
존나 최고지 이건 ㅋㅋㅋ 뭐 더 말할게 있나.

Miku cute as fuck
Nov 26, 2020 12:28 AM

Aug 2019
why did no one comment on what Ichika was doing? I would’ve loved some more detail of what her “job” entails but it just shows her being dropped off by a middle aged man telling her “you were great as always today”, hopefully that was just something to throw viewers off.
Nov 29, 2020 6:14 PM
Jul 2018
snowykevin said:
why did no one comment on what Ichika was doing? I would’ve loved some more detail of what her “job” entails but it just shows her being dropped off by a middle aged man telling her “you were great as always today”, hopefully that was just something to throw viewers off.
No spoilers, but her job is fairly irrelevant to the show’s premise.
Jan 5, 2021 1:34 AM

Oct 2016
Miku is definitely best girl so far. Though I can't wait to see how the other sisters will develop.
Jan 15, 2021 11:26 AM

Feb 2019
What's wrong with Nino lol
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jan 26, 2021 1:02 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty good episode, I can see why Miku is definitely top 2 girls now. Ichika is the only contender as far as I'm aware though.
Feb 6, 2021 7:20 PM

Nov 2010
This is beyond ridiculous. Plot convenience at max level! Its impossible to have that kind of bad eye sight unless she has cataracts and saving her from falling books... lmao

Anyway, I have bad myopia and I can still recognize people at 20 ft or so.
Feb 19, 2021 12:15 PM

Feb 2020
Um... Nino doesn't just have bad eyesight, she's blind. Maybe that's why she is so mad. (Seriously, how did she manage not to realize this wasn't Miku ? My eyesight is as bad as a mole's and I'm still able to recognize people)

She cares about her sisters which is touching, but she still gets on my nerves. Really gets on my nerves. No matter what are her reasons to be that way. (And I'm convinced she is a psychopath for having done what she did in episode 1.)
Miku is very cute and fun though, I'm starting to see why she is considered best girl.

I have a hard time taking this show seriously due to how exaggerated everything is, but I still enjoy it, at least if I don't question too much what's going on. I hope the development will be more realistic though...
FafetteFeb 19, 2021 12:19 PM
Feb 28, 2021 11:15 PM

Jul 2020
Nino is kind of a trashy tsundere thus is why Yotsuba should be best girl
Jun 10, 2021 3:14 AM
Jul 2019
poor thing can't even how ((: ( ´・・)ノ(._.`)
Oct 12, 2021 8:19 PM

Jun 2020
Nino is taking up the spotlight for today okay this is going to be good I can tell, Nino hates Fuutarou huh wouldn't have guessed it

Miku vs Nino in a cooking battle thought that was Food Wars for a sec, I thought that was Miku like what I went stupid for a second as they do really look the same and Fuutarou is in a bad situation right now

Well that was unprecedented but at least they resolved this problem I guess beneficial for Fuutaro at least but Nino will be a bit more problematic for Fuutarou.
Oct 22, 2021 4:27 PM

Jul 2021
Definitely didn't expect Nino to be unable to see without contacts, other than that I don't get why that scene with Ichika coming home from her job was shown- like, it didn't really serve any purpose to the episode and just made it look like she might be doing sex work? It'll be kinda annoying if they don't touch up on that tbh
Nov 24, 2021 6:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
This episode kinda start the waifu war, it seems, reading from some comment above. Some just behave commenting like hating the anime, but for the truth its just because hating one character. Poor Nino getting trashed here because her initial characteristic was exactly like what i expect her to be, thanks to her va, lmao. That sticking out tongue was definitely the trademark of her that i like. Really a satisfaction seeing girl doin that, no matter how tough her character was. Though, i can't ignore how Miku could also be 100% cute this time, by 100% supporting Fuutarou. Not to mention how Itsuki behave so adorable while getting scoulded by her two sisters on the judges scene. What about Ichika job part time? Yotsuba 'cannot decline' behaviour? Looks like Fuutarou got a lot of points of problem, at the mountain of Nakano's quintuplet. Don't forget to study more about that, shiso!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 17, 2022 7:06 AM

Aug 2016
I see peple calling Nino a tsundere but I don't think thats accurate at least not yet anyway. She doesn't have a secret crush on the mc and isn't just being mean to hide it. In fact I think she genuinely hates him because he is changing things. She is just a girl who cares deeply for her sisters and doesn't want some dude she doesn't know hanging around her sisters and possibly taking advantage.I personally believe thats admirable even if she is going overboard.
Apr 17, 2022 7:33 AM

Aug 2016
realswagmoney said:
Definitely didn't expect Nino to be unable to see without contacts, other than that I don't get why that scene with Ichika coming home from her job was shown- like, it didn't really serve any purpose to the episode and just made it look like she might be doing sex work? It'll be kinda annoying if they don't touch up on that tbh
rich people don't need to resort to sex work so i doubt it and this isn't that serious an anime
Jul 28, 2022 4:33 AM

Jun 2021
I love the rivalry and dynamic between Miku and Nino, we need more of them lol.
Also damn those few scenes with Nino, they were just simply amazing and outstanding.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 14, 2022 9:46 AM
Dec 2017
More cringe sexualization and zoom into female body parts. Ok, I'll keep enduring these annoying things for now.

This episode changed my views on the show. It's a good material for a psychologist to talk about the personality of this brat 'Nino'.

I, myself, a psychologist-wannabe certified by myself, think she's afraid.................Ok that's not all my analysis lol.

From what I understood, they shared their love only to themselves; they sat together in the lunch time; they were friends of each other; they support each other; they hang out together, and etc.

And then when this strange dude came into their lives out of nowhere she felt menaced, threatened, afraid she'd lose her perfect world with her simblings; she felt their bubble would pop and they'd disperse, lose affection, lose this love, this connection they have.

She'd thought they would lose focus on themselves because of him, an intruder, who came to destroy the harmony of their private little world.

That makes sense in my psychological-wannabe mind. If some psychologist disagrees they're wrong. JKJK }:^P
Nov 30, 2022 4:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
fanservice power!!!! kekeke
Dec 10, 2022 5:14 PM
Jul 2022
ja ich mag es und das wirklich sehr
Dec 27, 2022 12:42 AM
Oct 2019
On Episode 3, Season 1 of Quintessential Quintuplets !!!!!!!!(SPOILERS AHEAD)!!!!!!!!
Current Rankings:
1. Miku
Consistently kind and considerate towards Uesugi, even going as far as to attempting to help him in his struggles with the rest of the group. Again, I've found her insecurity highly relatable, such as during her cooking competition against Nino, of which she has also displayed her humility and gratefulness in being satisfied with the end results even when Uesugi ranked both their dishes equally. Another thing is that she knows how to come up with comebacks which is super cool.
2. Nino
Ah yes, she's climbing up the ranks boys. Initially, I found her burdensome due to her plots and schemes against Uesugi. Later on in the episode, however, it is hinted, if not revealed, that her hostile attitude towards him is out of a passionate protectiveness of her sisters. It's a noble pursuit, yet overblown, which I cannot really blame her for as these people truly exist in the real world, of which I have high empathy. Here, it is established that Nino's hostile outside is motivated by a softer core, of which intrigues me to know more. One thing however is she's incredibly dense, yet again, it may just be a natural part of her personality.
3. Itsuki
Can't really say much about her role in this episode since it was minor, yet still her tough demeanor and ability to empathize with the man she so despises shine through, as seen with her impartial proposal that Uesugi was simply shielding Nino from falling books when he's accused of perversion after landing on top of her.
4. Yotsuba
Not much has changed from the last episode. She so far has consistently presented herself as childish with her high-energy expressions. Idk if I'm correct in my estimation that she's probably the youngest in the group
5. Ichika
Lazy, apathetic, the worst person to deisre. On the other hand, I will say that her chill attitude towards things gives a sense of maturity to her character that I wish is fleshed out even more.
Extra Notes:
I hope Uesugi's empathy shines through more as requested in my last analysis and he develops more actual bonds with the quintuplets rather than leading them along. Also, I suspect Nino's hard shell may be caused by past trauma or something similar, which if my suspicions are correct, I would be down to see crack.
_Takeryu_Dec 27, 2022 12:52 AM
Mar 4, 2023 7:21 PM

Sep 2019
Maybe because the previous episode was so good, I had high expectations, and this episode left me a bit disappointed. I can't believe Nino didn't recognize Uesugi even when she touched her boobs to his back, a back that smelled like a boy. And if they're going to let a girl with severe myopia, just to have some sensitive touching scenes, I'm annoyed. Maybe they should separate the girls so that the Nakano sisters can shine, Miku in the previous ep is an example. And Yotsuba, I absolutely love her optimism, but let's distinguish being full of positive energy from being told like a puppet. And I think a girl who just drugged someone one day should not feel normal the next day and even cook for the victim just because she wants to compete with her sister. I like Nino's sharp grumpy attitude but it's quite at odds with her timid femininity. It's pretty weird. And the art part has also problem. Remember that Miku often wears stockings. But at 7:15, her stockings were gone.
May 7, 2023 8:34 AM
May 2020
nino sucks ass, leave miku and fuutaro alone. she's worse than the orange bitch
at least the orange bitch is nice to him. she's a fucking psycopath. who the fuckd drugs a stranger who's just trying to tutor people. bitch wasted an entire day over fucking cooking.
she fucking sucks ass. i wish fuutaro didn't save her and she got hospitalized after getting a concussion jump off the 30th floor bitch
Jun 27, 2023 3:22 PM

Jun 2021
Miku <3 also, it was such a relief that she didn't turn out to be a deadly chef as i was really afraid of during the cooking improv competition

waiting for Nino's motivations, the "trial" was entertaining enough even if definitely not on the same level, for example, of the one from Gintama when Madao is defended by Gintoki. If there is more of Yotsuba playing hoops, i won't complain.
Sep 23, 2023 2:00 PM
Nov 2018
good good good good
Nov 23, 2023 2:21 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to _kits
nino sucks ass, leave miku and fuutaro alone. she's worse than the orange bitch
at least the orange bitch is nice to him. she's a fucking psycopath. who the fuckd drugs a stranger who's just trying to tutor people. bitch wasted an entire day over fucking cooking.
she fucking sucks ass. i wish fuutaro didn't save her and she got hospitalized after getting a concussion jump off the 30th floor bitch
@_kits
Tell us how you really feel 😂
Dec 16, 2023 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
Gahhdamn this was a funny episode and cute too and damn that one scene made them hard matybe
Feb 3, 4:37 PM

Jul 2023
This show is trash but good trash nonetheless.

Nino makes life hard for Futaro. They can't even start a tutoring session. He has won Miku, and she's so kawaii.

Perhaps Futaro's sister will be key during the next episodes.
May 23, 1:04 AM

Mar 2023
nino's pretty annoying >.>
miku ftw >:3
Jul 16, 4:30 PM

May 2022
well this was interesting, but also a bit tough for Futaro. Nino is scheming and finding ways to break the study group apart, with Nino guilt tripping Yotsuba to help a basketball team, saying Ichika is late for work, and telling Itsuki to "study" at the library. Miku doesn't fall for Nino's games, and the two of them bicker about each other's appearances, with Nino asking Miku if there is something wrong with good looking guys and trying to imply Futaro is dull. The two of them have a cook off which is funny, and Futaro actually likes both dishes, with Miku smiling and shining brightly. With Futaro concerned that he won't be able to be on good terms with her, Miku says she will come around if he faces her in good faith. In addition to the goal of Futaro needing to be kind and understanding to help the girls succeed, he has to approach them in good faith, especially Nino. It's nice Miku has warmed up to Futaro and motivating him to solve the issue with Nino on his own. (edit: turns out Nino put something in his drink to knock him out in ep1)

Futaro forgot his flashcards and Miku opens the auto locking door on the ground floor despite currently taking a shower. Futaro goes in and realizes Nino is on the couch wearing her towel, drying her hair. Nino does not have good eyesight and thinks Miku is present, asking her to find her contacts. Nino makes remarks that there is no place for Futaro and he should be banned, only to hit her hand on the shelf door, causing books to fall. Futaro jumps in to shield her even if he thinks to himself that he is an idiot.

Ace Attorney mode, with Itsuki accusing him of being a pervert despite not having the full context (free my man Futaro). Miku vouches and says she let him in and saying he forgot something and only coming to get it. Miku forgot to mention the item he was actually getting, which was flashcards, and Futaro actually needs to fight back and not get put down so easily. Futaro tries to apologize for this accident but Nino is upset when Ichika said "we sisters used to get along so well." Nino is messed up and a jerk, thinking her sisters are crazy for letting a creep into their home as she denies Futaro's claim that she loves her sisters.

Miku fanservice was PEAK, also she thinks Futaro being dull is not true despite what Nino said. W girl
AwesomeAli2832Jul 16, 4:33 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

307 by Taokaghoul »»
Sep 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2019

167 by SpaceDreamSD »»
Sep 5, 4:55 PM

» Missing soundtrack?

QTG128 - Sep 1

1 by MikamiSatoru_ »»
Sep 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

239 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 27, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

123 by Questod »»
Aug 17, 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.