Forum Settings
Forums

Only one love interest for both male and female lead

New
Apr 14, 2018 3:30 AM

Mar 2016
I am looking for anime as the title said. It means the male lead is created only for female lead, and female lead is created only for male lead. There's no one who tries to interrupt them nor have feeling to any of the leads. Also there's no past love. I don't mind the romance part is the main story or just subtle or just sweet moment between the lead without actual romance. Also don't mind if it's movie or a long serie. Please no incest, lesbian or gay.

Some titles I remember that fit this criteria :
Actual romance
Baby Steps, Bokura minna wa kowaisou, Btoom!, Coquelicot-zaka kara, Dear Boys, Hal, Honobono Log,
ReLIFE,

Subtle
Afterwar Gundam X, Angel Beats, Baoh, Mononoke hime, Qualidea Code, Shounen Onmyouji, Uchuu Senkan Yamato,

No actual romance
Another, Bakemono no Ko, Black Cat, Blood Lad, Bungou Stray Dog, Ergo Proxy, Hyouka, Iron Kid, Magic Kaito 1412, Majo no Takkyuubin, Mekakucity Actors, Tenkuu Shiro no Laputa, Zoids Chaotic Century

I actually like some titles that nearly fit what I want, like Tamako Love Story (there's a lesbian friend) and Medaka Box (siscon brother). Tho I don't want such elements, feel free to recommend it to me too. I will look for a spoiler to tell I could watch it or not. But please, no someone who tries to interrupt the leads.

Thanks in advance
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Apr 14, 2018 3:37 AM

May 2012
Nodame Cantabile
REC
Planetes
Toshokan Sensou
Suisei no Gargantia
Cross Game
Apr 14, 2018 4:22 AM

Mar 2016
SeijiSensei said:
Nodame Cantabile
REC
Planetes
Toshokan Sensou
Suisei no Gargantia
Cross Game

I have seen Nodame, REC and Planetes

I'll look out for Library wars and Suisei no Gargantia
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
Apr 14, 2018 6:24 AM
Apr 14, 2018 7:05 AM

Aug 2017
No love triangle is it?
Tsuki ga kirei
Rakudai kishi no cavalry (gives haremic vibes but don't worry they start dating pretty early)
Momokuri
Gin no saji
Gosick
Apr 14, 2018 7:17 AM

Mar 2016

I'll check it out

Naman_Gupta said:
No love triangle is it?
Tsuki ga kirei
Rakudai kishi no cavalry (gives haremic vibes but don't worry they start dating pretty early)
Momokuri
Gin no saji
Gosick

as long as there's another character involved, it usually bugs me even tho it's not something that could be considered as love triangle by most of people

I just checked Tsuki ga kirei and I found a love triangle, but I'll check it out if I am annoyed by it or not

I've seen rakudai and gosick,

also seen gin no saji

momokuri has been in my on-hold list quite long, It's in my external hd already, I'll watch it soon

Thanks guys
Apr 14, 2018 7:28 AM

Aug 2017
Kurniawan_Ktr said:

I'll check it out

Naman_Gupta said:
No love triangle is it?
Tsuki ga kirei
Momokuri
Gin no saji
Gosick

as long as there's another character involved, it usually bugs me even tho it's not something that could be considered as love triangle by most of people

I just checked Tsuki ga kirei and I found a love triangle, but I'll check it out if I am annoyed by it or not

also seen gin no saji

momokuri has been in my on-hold list quite long, It's in my external hd already, I'll watch it soon

I'm the same as you regarding love triangles. Believe me all the anime that I recommended have no effect of the other characters on the leads.
They are already dating by the 4th episode in Tsuki ga kirei and Rakudai kishi no cavalry and the other characters are just to create tension. I can Guarantee that.

You won't find a purer romance with development other than Tsuki ga kirei.

Only in Rakudai his sister is prominent and is vying for his attention but he completely rejects her by the 2nd episode. Later she also supports their relation.
In Gosick she's a mob character tbh🤣, she's forgotten pretty quickly as the anime comes to it's climax.

You can try these-
Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na: Crescent Love
Brighter Than the Dawning Blue
Tatami Galaxy
Amagami ss and seiren (Google omnibus format for understanding how it is as people confused it with harem)
Midori no hibi
Soredemo sekai wa utsukshi (a girl comes for one episode and then goes away 😝)
Working
Apr 14, 2018 8:23 AM

Mar 2016
Naman_Gupta said:
Kurniawan_Ktr said:

I'll check it out

also seen gin no saji

I'm the same as you regarding love triangles. Believe me all the anime that I recommended have no effect of the other characters on the leads.
They are already dating by the 4th episode in Tsuki ga kirei and Rakudai kishi no cavalry and the other characters are just to create tension. I can Guarantee that.

Only in Rakudai his sister is prominent and is vying for his attention but he completely rejects her by the 2nd episode. Later she also supports their relation.
In Gosick she's a mob character tbh🤣, she's forgotten pretty quickly as the anime comes to it's climax.

You can try these-
Tatami Galaxy
Amagami ss and seiren (Google omnibus format for understanding how it is as people confused it with harem)
Midori no hibi
Working

hehe I see

Seen tatami galaxy, midori no hibi and sekai wa utsukushi

I dropped seiren and amagami for being harem. I know how omnibus format it, I'll check if the other girls doesn't have any feeling to the lead in another girl's route.

I am planning to watch working

the other two titles are new to me, I'll surely check it out.

edit: btw, sorry, when it comes to character's relationship, I am overly sensitive ^_^"
Kurniawan_KtrApr 14, 2018 8:48 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:24 AM

Aug 2017
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
Naman_Gupta said:

You can try these-
Tatami Galaxy
Midori no hibi
Working

hehe I see

Seen tatami galaxy, midori no hibi and sekai wa utsukushi

I dropped seiren and amagami for being harem. I know how omnibus format it, I'll check if the other girls doesn't have any feeling to the lead in another girl's route.

I am planning to watch working

the other two titles are new to me, I'll surely check it out.

edit: btw, sorry, when it comes to character's relationship, I am overly sensitive ^_^"

Nothing wrong with being sensitive. I read Kimi no iru Machi- it destroyed me mentally, gave me a nightmare and has resulted in me becoming sensitive.

Btw, his sister is a good character who forces Stella to confess him quicker. Her reason for loving him are honest and understandable so you shouldn't mind. I've read the novel and it's funny how people tag it as harem. There are girls that actually say that they want someone like Ikki as their lover and not barge into Ikki and Stella's relation.

Well in Tsuki ga kirei, the non characters just create tension. You know we match make popular students together, that kind of thing. One of them is like that and the other creates the drama in the end which didn't feel forced(rejected like a boss). I actually applaud then for making the mob character 🤣 confess, as in most love triangles they don't even confess.

In amagami ss and seiren after each arc time resets so no other girl has feeling for him except the FL. The other girls hardly get any screen time to begin with so don't worry. Also do watch the sequel of amagami ss as it solidifies the relation even further.
You'll understand the format better if you've played Visual Novels.

You know these are the mildest love triangles you'll get. You'll need to pick mangas if you want one on one Romances (those are rare too 😅)
Apr 14, 2018 5:32 PM

Mar 2016
@Naman_Gupta
I've played a VN before, tho in the VN I played, childhood friend has feeling in every girl's route, but yeah, she hardly got screen time. Guess I'll check how the childhood friend's role in both amagami and seiren

Yeah, Ikr that it's hard to find such an anime or manga. The author usually introduces another character to make the main leads to be aware of their feeling. Others just introduce another to creat drama. Really, it's annoying to see. I prefer the drama comes from the characters themselves, not from outsider. I just finished watching tsurezure children, it was amazing. It's exactly the kind of love story I want. Most their problem and misunderstanding come from the character itself. Sadly, only honobono log, Zutto Mae Kara Sukideshita and special A that are similar to tsurezure children on that part, I guess. At least for romance focused anime that I've seen.

Personally, I prefer watching non-romance focused anime because I know love triangle is usually be a problem for me in romance focused anime. I drop or give a low score alot mainly because the character's relationship annoyed me.
Kurniawan_KtrApr 14, 2018 7:40 PM
Apr 14, 2018 10:18 PM

Aug 2017
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
@Naman_Gupta
I've played a VN before, tho in the VN I played, childhood friend has feeling in every girl's route, but yeah, she hardly got screen time. Guess I'll check how the childhood friend's role in both amagami and seiren

Yeah, Ikr that it's hard to find such an anime or manga. The author usually introduces another character to make the main leads to be aware of their feeling. Others just introduce another to creat drama. Really, it's annoying to see. I prefer the drama comes from the characters themselves, not from outsider. I just finished watching tsurezure children, it was amazing. It's exactly the kind of love story I want. Most their problem and misunderstanding come from the character itself. Sadly, only honobono log, Zutto Mae Kara Sukideshita and special A that are similar to tsurezure children on that part, I guess. At least for romance focused anime that I've seen.

Personally, I prefer watching non-romance focused anime because I know love triangle is usually be a problem for me in romance focused anime. I drop or give a low score alot mainly because the character's relationship annoyed me.

Sounds like Doki Doki literature club🤔.
Well it's fucked up game to be honest, it was made like that to extend the play time as it's a small game

Try Katawa Shoujo (eroge) a freeware available both on Windows and Android(40+ hrs gameplay). You'll know how VNs are. Truly a must play game.
For mangas you can check my list. Barring a few(which are polygamy/harem), all of them are one on one Romances with almost no other love interest.
Apr 14, 2018 10:53 PM

Mar 2016
Naman_Gupta said:
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
@Naman_Gupta

Well it's fucked up game to be honest, it was made like that to extend the play time as it's a small game

Try Katawa Shoujo (eroge) a freeware available both on Windows and Android(40+ hrs gameplay). You'll know how VNs are. Truly a must play game.
For mangas you can check my list. Barring a few(which are polygamy/harem), all of them are one on one Romances with almost no other love interest.
Naman_Gupta said:
Kurniawan_Ktr said:
@Naman_Gupta

hehe I see
I just checked your manga list. Seems like there are some titles that I also read there (just remembered Magico after seeing your list xD). I'll surely check them out :)

More topics from this board

» Pick the best one for me.

phantom346 - May 25

8 by phantom346 »»
28 minutes ago

» Romance Anime

Zamus_Edits - May 24

5 by Shabo-kun »»
2 hours ago

» Detective anime about murders solving

Shabo-kun - May 24

21 by Shabo-kun »»
3 hours ago

» Can you suggest some anime that would be great to watch with a girl-friend

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

45 by Phloup »»
3 hours ago

» Action/romance anime like Chivalry of the failed knight / Shakugan no Shana

NIGERUNDAYO__ - Yesterday

4 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.