Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 17, 2019 7:14 AM

Jun 2011
issa fresh take for sure on this genre, but im not sure if it's a good one, seems to be trending towards more money talk which had already taken up the entirety of the first episode. This is also rather stressful to watch as they emphasize a lot on the future and how you're gonna be able to live past that once you've retired.. I kind of like Bonda's personality even though he's pretty much your typical side character that you'd see in many other series.

Hopefully things change up in the next episode..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 2, 2023 8:36 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’ve returned to the nostalgic season of Spring 2018 for this one, the anime season that I came back to anime with. When I was looking back at shows from that season this one caught my interest, I haven’t seen many sports anime but am always open to checking them out and I did like this first episode quite a bit, it’s interesting that the focus isn’t so much on the sport itself but more so the money being made from it with strategies planned around that, some may find it boring but I found it to be easy to understand and kinda realistic. Our MC Bonda is just trying to earn money for retirement as a pitcher that isn’t known for being great, and I like that lol. The CGI didn’t look very good but the art outside of that is decent so it’s not the worst thing.

I also liked the little plot with Toku (Quagmire) trying to get some information for his commentary over the game, and one of his best friends being the first pitcher was exactly what he needed. I also like that the ost sounds like a 60s/70s band jamming in the background lol, it’s fitting too. And wow I can’t believe the OP and ED are both bangers, the ED was especially nice with those visuals of a waifu we haven’t met yet throwing a ball back as she watches what I’m assuming is practice, now the prediction is if she’ll be Bonda’s girlfriend, mom or something else entirely lol. I look forward to watching the rest of this one!
TheColonel76Apr 2, 2023 8:41 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

8 by RioAl »»
Jul 4, 2023 5:43 AM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

11 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 5, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

4 by Etheo_ »»
Aug 19, 2018 5:34 PM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2018

7 by Etheo_ »»
Aug 19, 2018 5:24 PM

Poll: » Gurazeni Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

11 by Ranxomare »»
May 17, 2018 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.