Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is it still worth watching even if you don't like that moe moe stuff?

K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 7, 2018 2:52 PM

Apr 2017
I've always wanted to start watching K On since the premise of the story seems great, and people kept telling me it's great. But I've never find moe anime really interesting.

At once I started to watch it, but just before the OP starts I actually quit it.

So given my circumstances how much will it bother me when I'm watching the show?
"Goodbye, everyone. I'll remember you all in therapy." Matou Sakura, Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel
Jan 17, 2018 2:11 PM
Oct 2017
Give it a shot, if you like the story then the art style shouldn’t really matter that much.
Jan 22, 2018 5:19 AM

Jun 2016
Aamateurgarbage said:
I've always wanted to start watching K On since the premise of the story seems great, and people kept telling me it's great. But I've never find moe anime really interesting.

At once I started to watch it, but just before the OP starts I actually quit it.

So given my circumstances how much will it bother me when I'm watching the show?
I suggest watching the first episode so you have an idea of what the show is like tonally, then start watching again when you're in the mood for that kind of show. I dropped K-On! twice (3 episodes in and 15 episodes in, each time starting from episode one before I continue), but I kept coming back to it and after a while it became one of my favourite anime.

The thing is, K-On! is a show you end up liking before you realize it, and because of that I can't exactly specify "when it gets good". It's hard to like K-On! but once you do, it's a wonderful feeling (And from what I've heard, re-watching it is great too)

BTW: If you're like me and watch both subs and dubs, I strongly recommend the sub for K-On. The voice acting in the sub is WAY better and the show benefits greatly from it.
Jan 22, 2018 5:33 AM

Jan 2018
It's objectively better than Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Jan 22, 2018 11:13 PM

Apr 2017
lol didn't expect a reply after so long. Thanks for all the responses.

Tenderizer17 said:
Aamateurgarbage said:

I suggest watching the first episode so you have an idea of what the show is like tonally, then start watching again when you're in the mood for that kind of show. I dropped K-On! twice (3 episodes in and 15 episodes in, each time starting from episode one before I continue), but I kept coming back to it and after a while it became one of my favourite anime.

The thing is, K-On! is a show you end up liking before you realize it, and because of that I can't exactly specify "when it gets good". It's hard to like K-On! but once you do, it's a wonderful feeling (And from what I've heard, re-watching it is great too)

BTW: If you're like me and watch both subs and dubs, I strongly recommend the sub for K-On. The voice acting in the sub is WAY better and the show benefits greatly from it.

And with this, you've convinced me to start watching the show.
"Goodbye, everyone. I'll remember you all in therapy." Matou Sakura, Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel
Jan 22, 2018 11:18 PM

Jun 2016
Aamateurgarbage said:
lol didn't expect a reply after so long. Thanks for all the responses.

Tenderizer17 said:

And with this, you've convinced me to start watching the show.
Everything I said would normally convince someone not to watch the show, and they'd be perfectly justified in not doing so.

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

345 by erinxmc »»
Jun 18, 7:08 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Apr 23, 2009

309 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 17, 10:08 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Apr 30, 2009

301 by wildhood »»
Jun 16, 8:49 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by noahren18 »»
Jun 14, 12:20 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Apr 16, 2009

262 by j0n194039 »»
May 23, 3:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.