Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2017 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
Everywhere I go people are blasting her and I get it due to her character, but I see a lot of me in her and how stress/anxiety can mentally destroy someone. I don't think Yamamoto is a bad person and I actually feel sorry for the girl.

I wasn't as bad as her during my teenage years, but I do get it and am cheering for Yamamoto. Anyone here like her?
Dec 9, 2017 2:30 PM

Oct 2014
I wouldn’t say that I dislike Yamamoto. I expected her anxiety over talking with her classmates to be resolved within an episode or two of her being introduced, like how the majority of conflict in the show is treated.

The fact that she has been in every episode since being introduced and still acts just as miserable as the first is what makes me contemplate why she exists. Are the writers just saving her conflict for the last episode? Do they expect it to be satisfying to see her anxiety resolved?

A character supporting anxiety could be done very well, but here it feels like the show wants us to ridicule her in the way that the main character and his friends do. I wish she was given a bit more of a personal view so she isn’t just some obnoxious witch constantly brooding in the corner.
Dec 9, 2017 2:54 PM

Jun 2014
RebelPanda said:
I wouldn’t say that I dislike Yamamoto. I expected her anxiety over talking with her classmates to be resolved within an episode or two of her being introduced, like how the majority of conflict in the show is treated.

The fact that she has been in every episode since being introduced and still acts just as miserable as the first is what makes me contemplate why she exists. Are the writers just saving her conflict for the last episode? Do they expect it to be satisfying to see her anxiety resolved?

A character supporting anxiety could be done very well, but here it feels like the show wants us to ridicule her in the way that the main character and his friends do. I wish she was given a bit more of a personal view so she isn’t just some obnoxious witch constantly brooding in the corner.

I don't even think this show needed to be 26 episodes and I feel like a lot of this content been extremely forced and believe this show is a perfect example of a show going on a season too long. The second cour hasn't really accomplished anything and every episode we see his stupid roommates drinking sake in an annoying fashion and eating food nonstop while the same things happen at his school almost every episode. I like Yamamoto, but her character is probably being excessively drawn out because of bad writing and this show has a a lot of it.
Dec 9, 2017 3:43 PM

Oct 2014
Kagami said:

I don't even think this show needed to be 26 episodes and I feel like a lot of this content been extremely forced and believe this show is a perfect example of a show going on a season too long. The second cour hasn't really accomplished anything and every episode we see his stupid roommates drinking sake in an annoying fashion and eating food nonstop while the same things happen at his school almost every episode. I like Yamamoto, but her character is probably being excessively drawn out because of bad writing and this show has a lot of it.

I agree the show's length has far exceeded the amount of decent content that it had to offer. There are definitely some good bits like its lighthearted morals, but even those have become more and more convoluted in the recent episodes. So many other shows could have flourished with 26 episodes... yet all this show does is flounder. Not to say I hate it or anything, just that it hasn't proven to be anything greater than disposable entertainment.
Yamamoto is a good example of how this show fails, thanks for putting that into perspective.
Dec 9, 2017 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
RebelPanda said:
Kagami said:

I don't even think this show needed to be 26 episodes and I feel like a lot of this content been extremely forced and believe this show is a perfect example of a show going on a season too long. The second cour hasn't really accomplished anything and every episode we see his stupid roommates drinking sake in an annoying fashion and eating food nonstop while the same things happen at his school almost every episode. I like Yamamoto, but her character is probably being excessively drawn out because of bad writing and this show has a lot of it.

I agree the show's length has far exceeded the amount of decent content that it had to offer. There are definitely some good bits like its lighthearted morals, but even those have become more and more convoluted in the recent episodes. So many other shows could have flourished with 26 episodes... yet all this show does is flounder. Not to say I hate it or anything, just that it hasn't proven to be anything greater than disposable entertainment.
Yamamoto is a good example of how this show fails, thanks for putting that into perspective.

Am I the only one who can't stand his roommates at the Youkai Apartments? If I have to see them gulp down sake them breathe heavy and chow down food again, I might lose it! That's the only thing they do + give him a little advice here and there.
Dec 11, 2017 10:43 AM

Jul 2015
I dislike the fact that she puts down any help from Inaba to help her and in a way insults them.

Dec 11, 2017 11:31 AM

Dec 2014
Yamamoto is a difficult character... I don't dislike her but rather I fail to understand her
Dec 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2014
The end of her arc was pretty anticlimatic if that was the end...
Dec 11, 2017 2:11 PM
Jun 2016
well I think this episode shows that my early guesses about her were right, that her and the student and teacher are the same person or something like that.
Dec 11, 2017 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
wolfwing said:
well I think this episode shows that my early guesses about her were right, that her and the student and teacher are the same person or something like that.

Same person?

What do you mean?
Dec 11, 2017 4:05 PM
Jun 2016
Kagami said:
wolfwing said:

Same person?

What do you mean?

well my theory is that the girl in glasses and the one overly kind teacher are the same person, like she always seems to show up when she's being botherd, in this episode she seemed to appear out of nowhere behind them, like she's a guardian, a magical split personality or something :> There definetly feels a connection between the two.
Dec 11, 2017 4:16 PM

Jun 2014
wolfwing said:
Kagami said:

Same person?

What do you mean?

well my theory is that the girl in glasses and the one overly kind teacher are the same person, like she always seems to show up when she's being botherd, in this episode she seemed to appear out of nowhere behind them, like she's a guardian, a magical split personality or something :> There definetly feels a connection between the two.

I thought that was her sister or something, but yeah i think the two are related somehow. I hope Yamamoto's story isnt over yet though
Dec 11, 2017 10:16 PM

Nov 2009
I, for one, agree his show should've been shorter: it would have definitely only benefited from being tighter packed, better paced and rid of all the filler-like stuff that serves absolutely no purpose unless you count making your viewers bored out of their mind or hungry as one.

As to Yamamoto, I don't exactly hate her, and when she was first introduced, I even found her potentially interesting and maybe capable of livening things up because there's no small number of people who do struggle trying to fit in, but by now she's so over the top with her lack of reason and self-pity that I can't really relate to her anymore. If anything, I'm more inclined to regard her as someone who's in need of psychiatric help, and pronto.

I might buy that Yamamoto and Aoki have some sort of "karmic connection" like apparently Chiaki and Inaba do, but I doubt the two are blood related or related in any way beyond that... I'm more inclined to believe that Aoki simply has a nose for sniffing out troubled teens and 'helping' them - because she thrives on 'helping' such people, if you can call glossing over or even exacerbating their problems in the long run help.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 12, 2017 4:19 AM

Apr 2013
CG said:
I, for one, agree his show should've been shorter: it would have definitely only benefited from being tighter packed, better paced and rid of all the filler-like stuff that serves absolutely no purpose unless you count making your viewers bored out of their mind or hungry as one.

As to Yamamoto, I don't exactly hate her, and when she was first introduced, I even found her potentially interesting and maybe capable of livening things up because there's no small number of people who do struggle trying to fit in, but by now she's so over the top with her lack of reason and self-pity that I can't really relate to her anymore. If anything, I'm more inclined to regard her as someone who's in need of psychiatric help, and pronto.

I might buy that Yamamoto and Aoki have some sort of "karmic connection" like apparently Chiaki and Inaba do, but I doubt the two are blood related or related in any way beyond that... I'm more inclined to believe that Aoki simply has a nose for sniffing out troubled teens and 'helping' them - because she thrives on 'helping' such people, if you can call glossing over or even exacerbating their problems in the long run help.

I don't think the show should've been shorter at least for me. I enjoy its episodic nature while sometimes try to advance its main plot. Those fillers are what makes me keep watching rather than the main plot. Yes the "fillers" mostly doesn't have any relation with the main story but I think that's perfectly fine.

As for Yamamoto I don't dislike her
Dec 12, 2017 11:06 AM

Nov 2009
TriZen said:
I don't think the show should've been shorter at least for me. I enjoy its episodic nature while sometimes try to advance its main plot. Those fillers are what makes me keep watching rather than the main plot. Yes the "fillers" mostly doesn't have any relation with the main story but I think that's perfectly fine.
Well, that's you, and we all know tastes differ. I quite like shows with episodic nature, but not the way it's done in this show, there's too much pointless stuff, including what people mentioned above about food, drinking (is this a cooking show? it looks to me it has trouble deciding), etc. From this season, shows like Kekkai Sensen&Beyond and Kino no Tabi pull off episodic nature much better.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 12, 2017 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
CG said:
TriZen said:
Well, that's you, and we all know tastes differ. I quite like shows with episodic nature, but not the way it's done in this show, there's too much pointless stuff, including what people mentioned above about food, drinking (is this a cooking show? it looks to me it has trouble deciding), etc. From this season, shows like Kekkai Sensen&Beyond and Kino no Tabi pull off episodic nature much better.

I agree and I am a huge fan of episodic anime such as long runners like Aikatsu Stars. The problem with this anime is that the content is written really poorly and I don't really get why. The main guy's best friend has been written really badly and has been forced into the show every episode, his roommates only sit there and drink sake 24/7 and much more. I usually don't care about writing, but its off on this one.
Dec 20, 2017 11:52 AM

Mar 2015
Kagami said:

I don't even think this show needed to be 26 episodes and I feel like a lot of this content been extremely forced and believe this show is a perfect example of a show going on a season too long. The second cour hasn't really accomplished anything and every episode we see his stupid roommates drinking sake in an annoying fashion and eating food nonstop while the same things happen at his school almost every episode. I like Yamamoto, but her character is probably being excessively drawn out because of bad writing and this show has a a lot of it.

i think that the genre slice of life is clearly used in this anime. the characters are not moving from one arc to another defeating a new boss because that is not the type of anime it is.
Dec 25, 2017 6:38 AM

Jul 2015
She is difficult to approach. If they just would break the ice...
Also, she wears glasses, so she is cute.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2017

42 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 4:14 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2017

27 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2017

22 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 2:33 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2017

19 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Yesterday, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2017

28 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 22, 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.