Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2017 7:45 PM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Have you ever watched something so awful that you felt sick? Well, that's how I feel about Alice in Dreamland.

It clearly should not be rated G, those visuals are just so horrifying. Even if there was no violence or swearing, the imagery and implications got under my skin. I guess telling a simple story of Alice in Wonderland wasn't enough. They just haaad to make it into a ponderous dumpster fire.

I suppose this was probably intended to be some sick psychedelic horror experiment.

The only positive I can really speak for is the music, other than the opening and ending credits it was decent. It felt like serious effort was put into directing this, which seems strange considering how overtly painful the art is to look at.
Dec 16, 2017 8:09 PM
Aug 2013
damn. it was a nightmare, those freaky expressionless faces >_<;

RebelPanda said:

It felt like serious effort was put into directing this, which seems strange considering how overtly painful the art is to look at.

ikr ! all the time I couldn't help but think how difficult to shoot every scene like that. yet it was horrible x_x
Oct 23, 2019 1:54 PM

Nov 2017
I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected! Overall I gave it a 9.
Dec 11, 2020 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
Wow, that was absolutely incredible! Heavy Malice@Doll vibes. That soundtrack was also killer.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Dec 24, 2020 7:15 AM
May 2018
I can't understand the hate this gets, yes the visuals and overall aesthetic looks rather nightmarish, but this isn't the most disturbing "adaptation", though this is more like a sort of sequel, and it kind of has charm, at least for me idk. Well at least is better sequel than the one made by Tim Burton.
Jan 13, 2021 3:03 AM

Jun 2009
I looked at dolls more than followed the plot since I watched this because of Alice and ABJD combo in the first place but in the end it was way better than I expected.
Jul 4, 2021 1:52 PM

Aug 2017
The soundtrack was surprisingly good, it seems like more people worked on that part than on the actual visuals lol. They were surely trippy and weird, but in a nice and refreshing way. Didn't feel scary or anything. It's great to see an independent production like this. Would be interesting to have the entire film use "real" materials (e.g. for backgrounds), not just for dolls (I think there was some CGI).

Kind of a "dark mahou shoujo", given the role of Alice lol. Though there're definitely puppet movies which are better animated/integrated with the backgrounds.
St0rmbladeJul 4, 2021 2:12 PM
Feb 1, 11:12 AM
Mar 2020
carefully avoiding the discussion as i haven't watched yet... am i stupid or is it not on MAL? i hate when i can't add something i watch on here!
note: nevermind i am so fucking stupid. good day everyone.
Apr 1, 2:10 AM

Dec 2008
Another prime example of how some things skate on by and get called "anime" whist other actual ANIME dont get the recognition they deserve. THis site is full of a couple things, especially projects from Korea and China that should NOT count toward the genre...yet this weird alice project is on here...
I like it a tiny bit, but aside from the classically large western doll eyes of the characters, this show featured non of the essential traits to be called anime in actuality. 5/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.