Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2017 7:24 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm amazed that she thought about that counting method when she was being strangled.
She deserved her death, she was awful.
So, Sera went to England.
Nov 4, 2017 10:12 AM
Jul 2011
Anime original after those hints about Sera...this is cruel.
Nov 4, 2017 10:49 AM
Aug 2015
I would never have noticed that counting method. I live in England and I have always began counting with my thumb not my first finger
Nov 4, 2017 10:54 AM

Jan 2008
I've always wondered something about all these "monsters murderers-of-the-week" characters that try elaborate premeditated plans....do they really think they can pull it off and still get away with it when they leave themselves wide open to be a prime suspect? Someone would definitely be arrested and and take the hit, even if the culprit manages to pin the blame on someone other than themselves....but if they fail, then it's like playing Russian Roulette with your own fate. All of it just feels like either sloppy writing or short-sightedness on the author/writers part: like how did the victim know who was strangling her, when she was supposedly knocked out by the chloroform, or to come up with a far-reaching "dying message" only a skilled detective could figure out, on the spot while you're being strangled with no oxygen going to your head? If I was being strangled I wouldn't be thinking "ok, how to I tell other people who killed me in the most cryptic way possible?" instead, I'd be more like "holy shit, I'm fucking dying; have to kick, flail, and struggle!".... but that would mean little when they themselves said she was knocked out by the chloroform and thus; no resistance. Plot holes everywhere. Could have at least come up with an alibi from the perpetrator, or better yet, the perpetrator trying to make it look like an accident and no one to arrest... but more often than not they simply try to make it look like "someone else did it, maybe it was someone from outside" and not think beyond that.

megaload said:

That cliffhanger...looks like it's going to be a while again before they get back to plot point.
Nov 4, 2017 2:34 PM

Jul 2011
Forever as pet, forced because of debts... no way out. I don't accept what she did, but I can't accept that forcing either.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Nov 4, 2017 3:01 PM
Feb 2009
Ulquiorra said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm amazed that she thought about that counting method when she was being strangled.

Expecially since they did not really use this "dying message" to solve the case (and if it was not for the other customer who hinted to her future trip to China no one would have made the connection).

This was just a "bonus"... in order for Conan to have a reason to explain all different kind of count and to figure out where Sera has studied.

Honestly, while the hint with the swimsuit was okay (and Sera was doing it on purpose), this was a little too much forceful because it seems almost impossible that someone who is dying would think on the sport to :

-Using her nails + lipstick to indicate China,
- Using China counts to hint to a part of name which contains "Ya" (8) in chinese (and not Hachi in japanese)...

And the timing seems impossible (she was asleep, then strangled and it's impossible the murderer would not have realized something was weird about her fingers...).

Shame about the next episode being a filler :(
RukodaimeNov 4, 2017 3:04 PM
Nov 7, 2017 4:10 PM

Oct 2017
Nooooo! Why did it have to end like this I thought they'll tell us pretty much everything about Masumi-chan's past, that's just too bad because the next episode is a filler.
''We have to live a life with no regrets.'' -By Portgas D. Ace
Nov 7, 2017 9:11 PM

Jul 2012
Ah, my theory was wrong lol.

Also, really??? Did Conan just recommend putting makeup in straws to bring on the plane? ^^; That wouldn't pass the TSA at all. People would think it's drugs/cocaine to snort. But it is an interesting idea, I guess, if you don't care about people thinking you're a druggie.

Sonoko MVP!

That cliffhanger tho o_o
I feel like Ran/Shinichi met Sera when they were all children but I'm confused why. Ughhhh. So many mysteries.

Rukodaime said:
- Using China counts to hint to a part of name which contains "Ya" (8) in chinese (and not Hachi in japanese)...
I'm confused though.

It's "ba" not "ya" in Mandarin...
Nov 8, 2017 8:34 AM
Aug 2012
megaload said:

it is only one episode >_>
Nov 12, 2017 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
Another victim who deserved death.
Nov 12, 2017 5:28 AM
Sep 2011
The fingers thing was also in Inglourious Basterds.
Dec 2, 2017 12:50 PM
Nov 2014
He remembered her already? Why it's too soon. They should've taken another 500+ episodes with Conan trying to remember her.

But seriously it took WAY too long for him to remember her. It was about fucking time this sera bullshit ends.
Aug 30, 2020 2:13 AM
Nov 2019
An okay episode. Once again, nothing that exciting.
Jul 13, 2022 6:54 PM

Nov 2021
I miss sleeping sonoko lol

Finally, Conan remembers.
neeJayJul 13, 2022 6:58 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1124 Discussion

hai_X_is - May 18

6 by booyah10 »»
Today, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1079 Discussion

AoButa16 - Apr 8, 2023

36 by Sul1man »»
Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1108 Discussion

hai_X_is - Dec 23, 2023

8 by Wildflower3 »»
Yesterday, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1107 Discussion

hai_X_is - Dec 16, 2023

6 by Wildflower3 »»
May 20, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1106 Discussion

hai_X_is - Dec 9, 2023

8 by Wildflower3 »»
May 20, 12:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.