Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2017 9:20 PM
Jun 2017
I showed Erased to my sister today and we finished all 12 episodes in about one sitting. I was surprised, since I don't think she's the biggest fan of anime (I keep trying to show her FMA but she won't get past episode 19). For Erased, she said she loved the beginning and did not like how it turned out. So, fellow anime people, are there any anime that are in the style of Erased that you would recommend? I thought about Steins;Gate, but I haven't even gotten through it yet, being so confused by the first few episodes and all, and she has VERY low tolerance for being confused (therefore, that's probably not a good one). I'm open to any other suggestions though, as long as they aren't ecchi or hentai or anything like that (I have no idea why that would be suggested here, but you just gotta take those precautions sometimes xD)
Thanks for reading (sorry this is so long lol)
Jun 14, 2017 9:33 PM

Jul 2016
If your sister is okay with shoujo/romance, then you can watch Orange. It's pretty much the same (time traveling to change/fix everything)

Jun 15, 2017 1:03 AM
Aug 2014

Try

Death Parade
Baccano!
Zankyou no Terror
Shinsekai Yori
Dennou Coil
Kuragehime
Psycho-Pass

Jun 15, 2017 1:10 AM

Dec 2016
The girl who leapt through time
It's a movie so won't have to worry about not being able to complete
If the time leap part is what caught your sister's interest she might like this. It even has a hint of romance like Erased
Jun 15, 2017 6:45 AM

May 2012
Verath said:

Try
Death Parade
Baccano!
Zankyou no Terror
Shinsekai Yori
Dennou Coil
Kuragehime
Psycho-Pass

^These, except for Zankyou no Terror which I thought went off a cliff around its midpoint. A particular second for Dennou Coil which I think is one of the best anime series of the past decade.

My first recommendation would be Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Please watch at least the first three episodes before deciding to continue. I don't know whether your sister will find it too "complicated" or not, but it does tell a somewhat complex story. Since I don't see any "mahou shoujo" titles on your list, this might be your first time with a show from this genre. Madoka is a hardly a typical magical-girl show. It's much darker than something like Sailor Moon and based on the legend of Faust.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/puella-magi-madoka-magica/episode-1-i-first-met-her-in-a-dream-or-something-591735

Here are some others you might try:
Shion no Ou
Nijuu Mensou no Musume
Seirei no Moribito
Kemono no Sou-ja Erin
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Juuni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms")
Noein (maybe too "complicated")
Time Travel Girl
AKB0048
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Kamisama Hajimemashita
SHIROBAKO
Sakura Quest

All of these have female protagonists and no ecchi. (Except perhaps for AKB0048 which likes to show the girls showering, bathing or in bikinis from time to time.)
SeijiSenseiJun 15, 2017 7:25 AM
Jun 15, 2017 8:46 AM

Nov 2014
If you want something in the vein the feelings, i supose your sister could enjoy AnoHana or Clannad.

If she liked Erased for the time travel aspect, Steins; Gate could work.

Also, how old is your sister? Because if she's in collegue, she could like Honey & Clover.

If she wants something psychological, Shoujo Kakumei Utena and Mawaru Penguindrum are the closest thing i could think of.
Jun 15, 2017 9:31 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Jun 15, 2017 4:50 PM
Jun 2017
Thank you all so much for your replies! I'll be sure to check these out (and also, in reply to one of the comments before, she's 15, but pretty mature for her age honestly. She can handle pretty much anything but fanservice and horror)
Jun 15, 2017 10:35 PM

Mar 2016
Hey dude if you like Erased, then you'll like Re: Zero. Both are about travelling back in time to prevent anything bad happening to anyone.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 16, 2017 7:20 PM

Feb 2017
what kind of anime/Movie/TV series/Book your sister like?
If she like Mistery:
Durarara!!(also good comedy), Baccano!(also good action) and Monogatari Series(if you don't have problem with a lot of dialogues)
If she like comedy:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun(also have romance), Nichijou, Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan, ReLIFE(also have romance), Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru or Oregairu(also have romance) and Tonari no kaibutsu-kun(also have romance)
If she like drama:
Kimi no Na wa(also have romance), Koe no Katachi(also have romance), Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso(also have romance and music), 3-gatsu no Lion and Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu(also are psychological)
If she like action:
Noragami and One Punch Man(also have comedy)
If she like psychological:
Death Note, Madoka★Magica, Death Parade and Neon Genesis Evangelion
"There's nothing worse in life than being ordinary" - American Beauty
"We were made to be very convenient, right?" - Monster
"You humans think greed is just for money and power. But everyone wants something they don't have" - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
"I don't think you have any idea of the magnitude of this number.
Of course i do. After all, i work with microscopic things" - 20th Century Boys
Jun 16, 2017 8:41 PM

Dec 2010
Well... Did she like erased for the plot, or for the cinematics?
Jun 17, 2017 12:09 AM
Jun 2017
Pknoctis said:

She liked the way it started with the plot, but she started not liking it once she figured out who the culprit was like 5 episodes earlier than the show wanted her to. She really liked the cinematics, though, but I think she values plot over anything else.
Jun 17, 2017 10:50 AM

Dec 2010
LilToadie said:
Pknoctis said:

She liked the way it started with the plot, but she started not liking it once she figured out who the culprit was like 5 episodes earlier than the show wanted her to. She really liked the cinematics, though, but I think she values plot over anything else.
Hm it's hard to recommend much based on the info you've given us... I do strongly recommend you give Steins;gate another try. Believe me, it took me about 5 attempts to get through the first few episodes myself but once you reach around ep 7/8 it blasts off and doesn't land until the last episode. It's one of the few "greats" in anime IMHO.

Another possible contender is Shinsekai yori, or "From the new world." The animation is not quite as nice as Erased, but it carries the plot with wonderful poise & has a much stronger ending.

If your sister likes supernatural/action, there's Kiseijuu ("Parasyte"). It's a standard bildungsroman but the production values are very high and it's an overall solid story.

Finally, maybe your sister might like some of the sports animes? The better ones include Yowamushi pedal, Haikyuu!!, and Chihayafuru. They're usually not much in the way of plot, but have fairly strong characterization and high entertainment levels.

More topics from this board

» Anime where the MC starts a new path in life.

Solreth - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
5 hours ago

» Anime recommendations that are similar to "A Kite"

jakk_runt - 9 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
6 hours ago

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - May 29

6 by kihel »»
10 hours ago

» What are the best monster girl romances

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

2 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 2:46 PM

» Anime where the MC has a chance to change past mistakes/regrets

nani7020 - Yesterday

4 by Khashishi »»
Yesterday, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.