Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 8, 2021 12:20 AM
Mar 2016
Yup, i cant return anymore.
I've walked this far, after all.
Now, I have to keep moving forward.
No matter how steep the road may be, as it keeps going to the very end of this world.

—Meiko
Dec 23, 2021 9:55 PM

Mar 2016
A good way to close the story. I wasn't expecting Taneda's departure, I thought he was going to fall in a downward spiral of dispair and bad choices, and would drag Meiko with him but I was wrong (and I'm glad I was).
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 17, 2022 1:56 AM

May 2020
Knew this was short but it managed to captivate me more than enough I ever thought it would. Always felt the right connection with each of these characters, and i'm simply amazed to see how well it captured the essence of realism of day-to-day life.

Got more than I wished, 8.5/10.
Mar 25, 2022 1:03 AM

Jan 2015
Nice short manga. There were indeed some good moments, but overall I was expecting much more from the way everyone talked about it.

6/10
Apr 7, 2022 8:08 AM
Dec 2020
An Inio Asano work with a happy ending? How's this possible?

All jokes aside, I liked this one a lot. I always like manga that has a focus on a friend group, it always feels so wholesome to me. I'd probably give this an 8/10, maybe I'll check out the live-action film, I'd love to hear Solanin irl.
May 1, 2022 5:29 PM

Sep 2021
This manga felt so shockingly real, which is in stark contrast to Pun Pun. Asano has some range
Sci-Fi Enthusiast
Sep 13, 2022 3:54 PM

May 2021
Uninspired, unoriginal and very weak manga who tries to portray "complexity" by the use of multiple psychological elements which were very superficial to be honest, I also dont know if is some Asano thing but the way he draws random people and some characters in "funny" or weird postures, sardonic faces is very pathetic and doesnt come close to be a bit funny. Also that concert arc where the MC start to play the guitar after his boyfriend suicide was totally lame, for sure a (un)realistic, this was far from a masterpiece, 3/10.
Sep 27, 2022 8:08 AM

Aug 2021
i mean what can i say? i'm pretty disappointed in this manga. it's not bad, but it's not good. i was going to give it a 5 but i think the last few chapters were good enough to possibly deserve a 6. i just didn't care for it. the characters were bland and boring. the story felt pointless. the writing wasn't very good at all, lot's of just useless stuff wrapped together in the form of some "deep" manga. it just didn't work for me, felt like the story meant nothing at all.
Mar 8, 2023 3:53 AM
Sep 2021
I really liked this manga and the story, it did tell and the topics covered by the manga, also the art was really good. the only things that I would criticize is that it kinda feelt rushed how she came over the death of Taneda since they were a couple for 6 years, and also the deapth of some characters butthis probably due to the length but overall its still pretty good for me
7.5-8/10
Mar 21, 2023 6:27 PM
Jul 2020
Really good manga, but its too short. Felt rushed and the characters weren't too developed. Would've been so much better if there were more chapters tbh. 8/10
Feb 21, 10:40 AM

Dec 2009
I've now read all of Asano Inio's manga, except for DDDDD and Goodnight Punpun.
As intriguing as his realistic psychological style is with a hint of unique comedy or display of ordinary life... he's not great, at least to my taste.
It's ironic how I somewhat relate to the themes and questions in his stories or rather am in a similar state of being "stuck in life", but none of that ever inspires me, but anyway.

I get that everything about this story is fairly ordinary, including the characters, which is the point,
but, in the end, it's still a dull story, even if it's bittersweet in its basic message of enjoy the little things of your ordinary life, don't give up, or whatever.

Ultimately, troubled unemployed couple with the male with a dream to be successful band, suddenly dies from suicide, albeit regretful,
the girlfriend sings his last song in a concert, and six months later, her and her friends, or anyone else continue to live... 5/10. It's ok.
May 16, 11:45 AM

Jul 2016
Sometimes a story about people just trying to get by is what you need. Taneda's accident being as sudden as it was and how the aftershocks of that hit everyone around him made was just so ...human.

Just wish we had more Billy dream clouds lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Solanin Chapter 27 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Dec 20, 2011

13 by FarCritical »»
May 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Solanin Chapter 26 Discussion

14 by FarCritical »»
May 16, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Solanin Chapter 25 Discussion

11 by FarCritical »»
May 16, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Solanin Chapter 24 Discussion

17 by FarCritical »»
May 16, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Solanin Chapter 23 Discussion

11 by FarCritical »»
May 16, 6:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.