Forums
New
Dec 29, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2016
Dec 29, 2016 10:43 AM

May 2012
Final Fantasy IX
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyrie Profile (you'll need a guide for the true ending tho)
Dec 29, 2016 10:53 AM

Oct 2016
Interrrrrpetgyu said:
Final Fantasy IX
Valkyria Chronicles
Valkyrie Profile (you'll need a guide for the true ending tho)
Yes, 9. My favorite FF hands down.

I've watched the anime of VC, but I wasn't aware that the game covered it.

I'll have to look into VP.

If you have any more suggestions, please post them. Thanks.
Dec 29, 2016 8:41 PM

Mar 2012
As the previous posters have listed, FFIX has a pretty satisfying romantic conclusion.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I was pretty satisfied with Tales of Graces-F's conclusion...it's a little stereotypical, but still satisfying (in my opinion).

Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant are...well, interesting, but I'm not sure if you'll be the most satisfied with them from a romantic standpoint. They really tug at your heart strings and the ending to Covenant was trippy as all hell. I will say that Yuri and Alice make for a hilariously, cute couple...but Covenant really kicks you in the heart repeatedly and does so throughout the game.
Dec 30, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2016
Toucanbird said:
As the previous posters have listed, FFIX has a pretty satisfying romantic conclusion.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I was pretty satisfied with Tales of Graces-F's conclusion...it's a little stereotypical, but still satisfying (in my opinion).

Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant are...well, interesting, but I'm not sure if you'll be the most satisfied with them from a romantic standpoint. They really tug at your heart strings and the ending to Covenant was trippy as all hell. I will say that Yuri and Alice make for a hilariously, cute couple...but Covenant really kicks you in the heart repeatedly and does so throughout the game.
I've just seen RPGs and JRPGs start up a romance subplot and then it peters out and never brought to a satisfying conclusion.

I played Grace F, but it's been awhile. Didn't the MC like the childhood friend (red headed girl)?
Dec 30, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
jak123 said:
Toucanbird said:

I've just seen RPGs and JRPGs start up a romance subplot and then it peters out and never brought to a satisfying conclusion.

I played Grace F, but it's been awhile. Didn't the MC like the childhood friend (red headed girl)?

I've noticed a lot of J-RPGs half-ass romance as well. Hell, Final Fantasy games probably do it more than anyone else considering FFVII (Cloud and Aerith/Tifa), FFVIII (Squall and Rinoa), FFIX (Zidane and Garnet), and FFX (Tidus and Yuna) all have romantic sub-plots, but the only one that I think does it really well was FFIX and FFVII to some extent. There might be some other romantic sub-plots in some of the other FF games (I can't remember if Bartz had a romantic sub-plot with any of the girls in V, I don't re-call if Terra had a romantic sub-plot in VI, and I haven't played any FF games since XII).

As for ef...
ToucanbirdDec 30, 2016 2:05 PM
Dec 30, 2016 2:37 PM

Jan 2015
The romance between Prompto, Ignus, Gladiolus and Noctis is pretty satisfying. :3
Dec 30, 2016 2:47 PM

Oct 2016
Status_Effect said:
The romance between Prompto, Ignus, Gladiolus and Noctis is pretty satisfying. :3
Yeah, it was a pretty great bromance. I also liked the romance between Noctis and Lunafreya.
JakDec 30, 2016 4:24 PM
Dec 30, 2016 2:50 PM

Oct 2016
Toucanbird said:
jak123 said:

I've noticed a lot of J-RPGs half-ass romance as well. Hell, Final Fantasy games probably do it more than anyone else considering FFVII (Cloud and Aerith/Tifa), FFVIII (Squall and Rinoa), FFIX (Zidane and Garnet), and FFX (Tidus and Yuna) all have romantic sub-plots, but the only one that I think does it really well was FFIX and FFVII to some extent. There might be some other romantic sub-plots in some of the other FF games (I can't remember if Bartz had a romantic sub-plot with any of the girls in V, I don't re-call if Terra had a romantic sub-plot in VI, and I haven't played any FF games since XII).

As for ef...
Yeah, I'm totally okay when it's a subplot, but sometimes it just gets dropped. Say what you will about the 13 trilogy, but it had a decent romance between Snow and Serah. The thing is at the end of the last game, it just kinda gets dropped and Serah and Snow don't even interact.
Dec 30, 2016 3:13 PM
Jul 2015
I'm gonna have to go with Tales of Graces f. But then again, after sinking 80+ hours into the game and watching Asbel and Cheria dance the dance of romance over and over, I could be desperate.
Dec 30, 2016 4:25 PM

Oct 2016
AsianRambo38 said:
I'm gonna have to go with Tales of Graces f. But then again, after sinking 80+ hours into the game and watching Asbel and Cheria dance the dance of romance over and over, I could be desperate.
From what I can remember, it seems like many of the Tales of games have decent romantic subplots. At least from the ones I have played.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cs:go or Valorant?

bernierimo - Nov 1, 2020

47 by iwasaloneforever »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite strategy video games

EarthHero - May 31

33 by _HaSSaaN_ »»
2 hours ago

» Do you play games in which you have to actually work to make it playable?

vasipi4946 - Jun 12

14 by Theo1899 »»
4 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

77 by GrimAtrament »»
Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Mario & Luigi: Brothership announced

wildhood - Jun 18

6 by Eliserss »»
Yesterday, 10:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.