Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 28, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
Kizumonogatari makes it so fucking illogical for Araragi to pick Senjougahara later in the series. In fact, after watching this movie I really have to wonder what the author was thinking because clearly the character development for Senjougahara at the point in Bake (when she confesses) was nowhere near close to how they are even in Kizu.

Lemme hear you autists opinion on the matter
Dec 28, 2016 5:45 PM

Jul 2016
I don't remember, but didn't they already explain it's not true love for hanekawa in one of the seasons when koyomi asked his sister for advice? It's been a while since I've watched, so sorry if I'm not remembering correctly.
Dec 28, 2016 9:51 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Tsubasa is motherfucking gorgeous... gawd... im never ready for it... despite first watching Bake back in 2010 and having merch of her xD
Dec 29, 2016 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
I'm not autistic. Anyways, as post #2 wrote that's what was discussed in Nekomonogatari Kuro between Araragi and his sister Tsukihi. For Hanekawa this didn't appear to be so by the time in Nekomonogatari Shiro hit when Araragi was gone and
add in to what she said in Nekomonogatari Kuro to him. I'm guessing that was the author's way of cutting that off in Kuro which was stupid in my opinion. I was into Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari but that passed on after getting to know more of Tsubasa and her character especially how Senjou was hardly in much scenes compared to her and this movie makes it even more so apparent these 2 hit it off really well plus Hanekawa is gorgeous even more so when she cut her hair.

All I can think of is if Senjougahara wasn't in the way it would of
or whenever as the events in Kuro and what was said kinda needed to be rectified or perhaps if the author started off with Kizu first and Kuro didn't go fully down the way it did. I might be missing some points too but this sucks having watched and read the books. All the scenes between these 2 are always interesting to listen/read compared with Senjou's one scene at the park in Bake, the rest were all right but nothing compared with Hanekawa.
radleDec 29, 2016 4:21 AM
Aug 29, 2019 10:03 AM
Feb 2017
radle said:
I'm not autistic. Anyways, as post #2 wrote that's what was discussed in Nekomonogatari Kuro between Araragi and his sister Tsukihi. For Hanekawa this didn't appear to be so by the time in Nekomonogatari Shiro hit when Araragi was gone and
add in to what she said in Nekomonogatari Kuro to him. I'm guessing that was the author's way of cutting that off in Kuro which was stupid in my opinion. I was into Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari but that passed on after getting to know more of Tsubasa and her character especially how Senjou was hardly in much scenes compared to her and this movie makes it even more so apparent these 2 hit it off really well plus Hanekawa is gorgeous even more so when she cut her hair.

or whenever as the events in Kuro and what was said kinda needed to be rectified or perhaps if the author started off with Kizu first and Kuro didn't go fully down the way it did. I might be missing some points too but this sucks having watched and read the books. All the scenes between these 2 are always interesting to listen/read compared with Senjou's one scene at the park in Bake, the rest were all right but nothing compared with Hanekawa.
radle said:

Thanks bro
I just finished the kizumonogatari series
Jan 11, 2020 4:09 PM

Jul 2019
hanekawa is precious she is the best alongside kiss shot
DaBoi
Feb 7, 2021 7:05 AM
Dec 2018
apparently Araragi's relationship was ment to be with Tsubasa, the argument in Nekomonogatari Kuro is improvised
#kyoanistrong
Jun 17, 2021 11:33 AM
Sep 2017
Why will Araragi never tell Hanekawa that he loves her?

-Because Hanekawa is disillusioned in thinking that she has to be perfect to be able to get herself a true family and that it will make her adoptive parents love her. But obviously, it only makes things worse and it backfires on her. We see this in 'Nekomonogatari: Kuro' where Hanekawa finally loses all of her morals and gives into self pleasure and enjoyment by letting an oddity take over her. The trigger was her dad hitting her. Because she thinks she'll never gain a true family even if she's perfect. Her morality and beliefs are destroyed. Araragi does the same, giving into his own crazy romanticism. Even though he knows it's useless like he says when he is about to die -saying his love for her has gone way past normal love, to the point that, living with her seems like nothing- he still wants to die for her. That's the only way he'll be content.

Both of them reach the two extremes.

But, by the end, Araragi failed to die for her and because of that, he is able to grow out of the extreme. But he can't tell her that he loves her. If Araragi marries her, she'll just keep thinking that her belief that she had to be perfect to gain a true family was true and successful. But Araragi can't do that. He is too kind to let that happen. He realises that he can't let Hanekawa keep thinking like that. He realises that she needs to realize it by herself that she doesn't need to be perfect to be able to be truly happy. He realises that because of that, he should never take advantage of her feelings and her disillusionment to marry her for his own satisfaction because he loves her, referenced during the conversation he had in ep 4 with Oshino towards the end. That's why he will never tell her that he loves her. He will move on from that extreme and find someone else to love. And he hopes that because of this, one day, she can move on too. That she will one day, accept her imperfections as well.

Frankly... Hanekawa is way too perfect for her own good. Conversely, Araragi is way too kind for his own good. They're too perfect for their own good. That's why, they can never be together.

Plus... she didn't ask for his help.. or maybe she did..? *He smiles after talking to Oshino*

She finally accepts herself in the Tsuba Tiger arc/'Nekomonogatari: Shiro'. But by then, Araragi has already found another person he loves. So, he rejects her.

In the end, I feel like this was the correct way. I can accept that Hanekawa will never be with Araragi, because this feels right.
AnastergoJun 18, 2021 3:32 AM
Aug 18, 2021 2:49 PM

Dec 2020
Wasee said:
Why will Araragi never tell Hanekawa that he loves her?

-Because Hanekawa is disillusioned in thinking that she has to be perfect to be able to get herself a true family and that it will make her adoptive parents love her. But obviously, it only makes things worse and it backfires on her. We see this in 'Nekomonogatari: Kuro' where Hanekawa finally loses all of her morals and gives into self pleasure and enjoyment by letting an oddity take over her. The trigger was her dad hitting her. Because she thinks she'll never gain a true family even if she's perfect. Her morality and beliefs are destroyed. Araragi does the same, giving into his own crazy romanticism. Even though he knows it's useless like he says when he is about to die -saying his love for her has gone way past normal love, to the point that, living with her seems like nothing- he still wants to die for her. That's the only way he'll be content.

Both of them reach the two extremes.

But, by the end, Araragi failed to die for her and because of that, he is able to grow out of the extreme. But he can't tell her that he loves her. If Araragi marries her, she'll just keep thinking that her belief that she had to be perfect to gain a true family was true and successful. But Araragi can't do that. He is too kind to let that happen. He realises that he can't let Hanekawa keep thinking like that. He realises that she needs to realize it by herself that she doesn't need to be perfect to be able to be truly happy. He realises that because of that, he should never take advantage of her feelings and her disillusionment to marry her for his own satisfaction because he loves her, referenced during the conversation he had in ep 4 with Oshino towards the end. That's why he will never tell her that he loves her. He will move on from that extreme and find someone else to love. And he hopes that because of this, one day, she can move on too. That she will one day, accept her imperfections as well.

Frankly... Hanekawa is way too perfect for her own good. Conversely, Araragi is way too kind for his own good. They're too perfect for their own good. That's why, they can never be together.

Plus... she didn't ask for his help.. or maybe she did..? *He smiles after talking to Oshino*

She finally accepts herself in the Tsuba Tiger arc/'Nekomonogatari: Shiro'. But by then, Araragi has already found another person he loves. So, he rejects her.

In the end, I feel like this was the correct way. I can accept that Hanekawa will never be with Araragi, because this feels right.

Well said, thanks
Jan 15, 2022 3:35 AM
Mar 2017
I still think it's not even close when it comes to personalities. Hanekawa and Araragi are WAY more compatible to me.
Sep 16, 2022 2:20 AM
Jun 2021
Not sure what minorities think but araragi and senjoughara are perfect couple (one of the best in anime)..
While araragi and hanakewa seems like good friends at best.
DynamicGuy
Jan 10, 2023 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
i do not remember much the first season up until the nekomonogatari OVAs but i agree Hanekawa is perfect for Araragi they should have been the romantic couple
Jan 26, 2023 6:04 AM
Jul 2021
There's no reason for senjougahara to stay in the harem if she isn't the main girl. Hanekawa,Nadeko are madly in love with him and other 2 are his sisters and Kiss shot has to stay
Nov 18, 2023 9:38 PM

May 2019
Hanekawa lose to Senjou because the author is a sadistic who wants her to be a plot device of frustrations.

That's why.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jerkhov - Oct 22, 2016

181 by otakuanity »»
Mar 31, 11:12 PM

» Why Oshino Meme always wearing an upside down cross earing and necklace ?

YizelTro - Aug 21, 2016

11 by removed-user »»
Jul 10, 2023 8:38 AM

» Am I the only one that thinks that Kizumonogatari is rushed?

Takamura-sama - Jan 28, 2017

10 by KenYorke »»
Jul 24, 2022 12:09 AM

» Where can I watch this?

IEatAnimeAss - Oct 23, 2019

7 by HotPocketChris »»
Aug 13, 2020 3:59 PM

» Don't get your hopes up to see this one in theaters..

Gattz - Sep 8, 2016

14 by Aplope »»
Jun 27, 2017 2:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.