Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 25, 2016 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
I've been searching the internet for a new game to play and I've been wondering if you guys could help me. I've looked into Black Desert Online, but I've heard many complaints about it being money hungry. I want to get into FFXIV, but I'm not quite sure if I want to do the monthly subscription. There is so many games that I want to try, but many of them such as Peria Chronicles or Soul Worker aren't released in NA yet.

Dec 25, 2016 6:15 PM

Sep 2013
Peria Chronicles, I'm going to sacrifice lives for to try, regardless of whether they localize it for US or not. Soul Worker is being published in EU/US, but it's by Gameforge which makes it especially worrying.

I'm sure BDO's pve is okay, but the pvp scene has caused plenty of problems, the most of which has resulted in a significant number of players losing trust in the company itself. FFXIV seems nice, I think you should ask around for a free month pass and try it.
nep-nepDec 25, 2016 8:42 PM
Dec 25, 2016 6:16 PM

Jan 2013
There is none. Turn back now.
Dec 25, 2016 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
I'd suggest waiting until June to get into FFXIV since they plan to release a Jump Potion to allow new players to get to the new content faster. If you can get to Heavensward within a month, go for it, but if you take a long time like other players it's probably best to steer clear for now. That said I really enjoy FFXIV. It's one of the only MMOs I've played that doesn't have a disgusting payment policy or a bad cash shop.
Dec 25, 2016 8:04 PM

Sep 2014
Alright, thank you everybody for the response!
Dec 25, 2016 8:28 PM
Feb 2016
I dunno OP, the grass is always greener on the non-MMORPG side of things...mainly because I don't pay too much attention to them, and unfortunately I can't give you a solid recommendation. My apologies.

I can however, give some reccs with these games. They're still RPG games, but non-MMORPGs.

Do you like a challenge in your games? Then you'll like the Soulsborne (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne) games. They are fair, but they can be quite difficult.

If an open-world style of game is more of your thing, then the Witcher 3 has an expansive open-world with a solid plot and characters, on top of having an excellent level of polish.

If you want complete freedom, then there is always Skyrim and Morrowind.

Dec 25, 2016 8:39 PM

Jul 2013
Mmorpg suggestion: dont play them.
Dec 26, 2016 6:49 AM

Nov 2014
Regarding Black Desert, from me, someone who's playing it,
I can say that i don't see any P2W at all.
Sure there is that Premium account thing which increases droprates and xp gain etc.
But it's not like there are actually things that you are unable to get unless you pay money.

Even without paying a single cent, you will be able to get a fully enchanted best possible armor in game for your character without problems.

And if you wanna buy a Premium whatever for 30 days you can always buy it for In game money at the broker.
If it's you captain. I might not mind... showing you everything. Like my engines...
Dec 27, 2016 12:53 AM

Jul 2012
@NathanT96
I think Black Desert is garbage now, it was pretty cool on release though. If you enjoy grindy game-play (the entire game) with GREAT combat, then its for you. But If you can't get past how grindy it is then you'll absolutely hate it.

Some 'classics' are TERA, Guild wars 2. These games are as populated as ever. I've found myself to back to them time and time again as they do so much right.

Interms of Coming-to-NA mmorpgs, I'd keep an eye on Bless Online, game looks very pretty.

More topics from this board

» Did anyone here own a Wii U?

Yuno - 3 hours ago

1 by Sadahon »»
12 minutes ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3717 by Clonazenyan »»
2 hours ago

» First Pokémon game

ani2016 - Aug 18

36 by Clonazenyan »»
2 hours ago

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

22 by ArabianLuffy »»
Today, 6:17 AM

» Favorite Playstation era

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 14

30 by Kajiuran »»
Today, 5:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.