Forum Settings
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 8, 2016 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
Does it seem like Bell and Hestia will end up together in the light novel? I ended up dropping the anime because I didn't like how Bell was ignoring or oblivious to Hestia's very obvious feelings. Do the feelings ever become mutual between the two or is it still a unrequited harem story?

Recently been looking into LNs to read and I'd be interested in giving this series another chance if Hestia and Bell actually get together at some point.
Aug 14, 2016 2:25 AM

Apr 2013
Bell in the anime isn't oblivious of Hestia's feelings, he's voluntarily not answering them in any way due to Hestia being a goddess.
The thing is, Bell understands that Hestia is immortal, and that he is not at all, and that answering such love would mean putting Hestia in a situation where she would see her lover growing old and dying in a time frame which is for her, very short.
There's also the problem that he's highly respecting her as his familia's goddess, but the main reason he's voluntarily doing that is the first listed reason.

I'm not going to say that without that problem he would go out with Hestia, but that's a huge barrier between the two.

so now, spoiler volume 8 :
Aug 14, 2016 9:04 PM

Apr 2012
Zefyris said:
Bell in the anime isn't oblivious of Hestia's feelings, he's voluntarily not answering them in any way due to Hestia being a goddess.
The thing is, Bell understands that Hestia is immortal, and that he is not at all, and that answering such love would mean putting Hestia in a situation where she would see her lover growing old and dying in a time frame which is for her, very short.
There's also the problem that he's highly respecting her as his familia's goddess, but the main reason he's voluntarily doing that is the first listed reason.

I'm not going to say that without that problem he would go out with Hestia, but that's a huge barrier between the two.

Thanks for the info.
Apr 16, 2017 8:00 PM

Jul 2012
TheExile285 said:
Zefyris said:

Thanks for the info.

Yep, you can see from the anime that he's purposely ignoring her, in fear of the consequences, and the fact that he's not really interested in Hestia romantically.
よろしく!
Nov 17, 2019 6:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Being completely honest here, I just don't feel like that ship is any good, I would prefer Aiz than Hestia for such a manner.
The series has yet to sell me on Hestia as a romance option all these years later, even more so now that I m reading the LN.

Hestia herself would need to go through a lot of development and maturing inside for me to just accept her an in interest, other than that, I m not hating on her, she is an enjoyable cast, but as for romance, Aiz or maybe one of the still to come party members (the fox girl maybe).
Sep 11, 2020 2:40 PM

Jan 2009
Zefyris said:

reminds me of this song

"youre a god and i am not"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 18 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Apr 3, 2023

2 by skyhei1995 »»
Apr 20, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Sep 1, 2014

3 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 22, 8:28 AM

» How many more volumes?

RealityChanges - Aug 13, 2023

1 by majin_mark505 »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 17 Discussion

Syureria - Jul 7, 2021

2 by NaughtySempai »»
Mar 15, 2023 12:38 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 16 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 15, 2021

1 by Playcool »»
Aug 17, 2022 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.