Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2016 10:39 AM
Jul 2016
So this anime is ultra hit in my country and a few neighboring country too including Japan and Taiwen. It's so hot that every anime-rated shop (and some shops that has nothing to do with anime) I ran into in Japan has a huge poster outside the shop and people in Japan are talking about it every day. So I was surprised to see that few in the West know this anime and no one seems to discuss it. It's very funny and I recommend every anime lover to watch it. So I just want to know why is it not popular in the West.
Jul 3, 2016 10:43 AM

May 2016
Comedy is subjective...NUFF SAID!

...I actually enjoyed it quite a bit...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Jan 2016
It's a comedy isn't it?We don't care about anime comedy in the west.
Jul 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Jan 2010
Without having watched the series, I've heard that the writing is quite good and the characters are fun, on top of being voiced by a number of notable voice actors. This article off of ANN may explain this better though.
Jul 3, 2016 10:54 AM
Nov 2013
Similar to Gintama most anime comedies that reference a lot of Japanese things or actors, or current events, Westerners aren't going to laugh as hard at those jokes. Osomatsu -san also had a lot of jokes that were just slapstick comedy, so does Gintama, but Gintama got one chance to get dubbed, and that release wasn't successful enough so I assume american anime companies are going to stay away from it to, so a lot of the anime community won't ever discover it. It is on crunchyroll though so I think most anime fans that like subs and pay attention to ratings in Japan will discover it, so in a sense it is popular in the west as well just not in the sense that Naruto is and more in the sense that Gintama is although it isn't a shonen jump series so it probably won't ever be quite as popular as Gintama since Gintama isn't a complete gag series, I also think most people would enjoy it if they are okay with sometimes offensive family guy type humor.
Jul 3, 2016 10:58 AM
Jun 2016
Osomatsu-san is the funniest anime I've ever seen, but that's because I'm into anime culture and stuff like that. I don't think it's mainstream in the west because very casual fans in the west could understand or appreciate it.
Jul 3, 2016 11:02 AM
Mar 2011
Osomatsu-kun was better hence why its lasted 88 episodes
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 4, 2016 5:51 AM

Apr 2014
DateYutaka said:

Don't worry. Osomatsu-san will last longer than Osomatsu-kun thanks to the sales.
Jul 4, 2016 6:01 AM
Mar 2011
Z4k said:
DateYutaka said:

Don't worry. Osomatsu-san will last longer than Osomatsu-kun thanks to the sales.

its lats 25 episodes one orun kun lasted 88 in[ in the 1988 version] and 56 in the 64 verison both of them were single run not many seasons

be fore you times have chnaged precure proves you wrong there soyes
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 4, 2016 6:25 AM

Apr 2014
DateYutaka said:
Z4k said:

its lats 25 episodes one orun kun lasted 88 in[ in the 1988 version] and 56 in the 64 verison both of them were single run not many seasons

It lasted 25 episodes because of the late-night timeslot and the director, scriptwriter being busy with Classicaloid which starts this fall. They could also just switch the show's timeslot to primetime like Gintama and make it a long running show once second season is announced.
Jul 4, 2016 7:00 AM
Mar 2011
Z4k said:
DateYutaka said:

It lasted 25 episodes because of the late-night timeslot and the director, scriptwriter being busy with Classicaloid which starts this fall. They could also just switch the show's timeslot to primetime like Gintama and make it a long running show once second season is announced.

you have no idea how tv anime work do you thgye brought the slot they have

it not up ot them ot moe it the averize will move it and give the new time slot them if it waeers it them thye pack bakc the pirce of the slot

Jul 4, 2016 7:10 AM

Apr 2014
DateYutaka said:

Enlighten me then.
it not up ot them ot moe it the averize will move it and give the new time slot them if it waeers it them thye pack bakc the pirce of the slot

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Especially the underlined part.
Jul 4, 2016 7:26 AM
Mar 2011
Z4k said:
DateYutaka said:

Enlighten me then.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Especially the underlined part.

ad men buy the tv slots and give them ot a studio and they studio has to pay them back the price of the slot ts 25k-30k for the slot this is in perweek thats usd its closer 1.5-.2.2 mlioon perwekk evening prime time and around 770 k moring prime time

the time when the cost is down playeed when the tv channel iis either co produce the anime or the studio own the tv channel in part like channel 9 or if the tv cnahek partly own the studio

More topics from this board

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2015

83 by kavings »»
May 2, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2015

147 by kavings »»
Apr 30, 3:24 PM

» Is this worth the watch?

Furuba_2801taku - Sep 6, 2020

10 by Old_School_Akira »»
Apr 17, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2016

128 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Osomatsu-san Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2016

58 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Dec 9, 2023 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.