Forum Settings
Forums

Why people use a 1 score for a high ratted anime while it deserve at least 5 for their Opinions?

New
Jun 24, 2016 7:07 AM

Sep 2015
Gintama is an example , 2% ratted 1 for the 3rd season of Gintama ... It doesn't make sense at all
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 24, 2016 7:08 AM
Jan 2016
Because haters gonna hate, I guess?
Jun 24, 2016 7:09 AM

Nov 2015
Well you can't really tell what their actual opinion is but what you're talking about is bandwagon hate.
Jun 24, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
because everyone has different tastes in anime ?

Sep 2015
Askorti said:

But this is the third season tho , How could someone watch 300 episodes of something he hate this much?

Apr 2013
Because there is no objective rating?
Jun 24, 2016 7:14 AM
Jan 2016
Muqta-chan said:
Askorti said:

But this is the third season tho , How could someone watch 300 episodes of something he hate this much?

How do you know they've actually watched it? Some people just hate series without even watching them. Do you think that all people who hate on SAO with such passion actually watched it? Nah, all aboard the hate bandwagon, choo choo!
Jun 24, 2016 7:20 AM

Sep 2014
Muqta-chan said:
Askorti said:

A person doesn't need to like something if that person want to watch something. Especially when you find a show extremely bad, it becomes entertaining to watch it.

Also, because in their opinions, the show worth a 1. It's as simple as that.
Jun 24, 2016 7:22 AM

Sep 2014
Some people down rate a top series in a silly attempt to increase another series position e.g. Downrate gintana to raise fma

Others downrate cos its popular and others downrate cos its fun? I guess

Jun 24, 2016 7:26 AM

May 2015
Some people do it to change the scores and give their favortie anime a higher placing.

Some people do it because they didn't like it. Maybe someone did like the previous Gintama's but hated the newest one.

Outside of people being dumb and doing it to change the score, if someone gives something a 1 it's because they feel it deserves a 1. That's it. It was that shit or they don't put enough weight on their 1's.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Jun 24, 2016 7:27 AM

Mar 2015
Well, these 2 reasons might be correct...

Because of an indescribable urge to just hate a series because it is overrated or mainstream.

Or...

The anime takes too long to watch...

Well, this is my opinion on what I can sense so far.

Jun 24, 2016 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Simple: Ridiculous hate for the series and/or downrating it in the rankings. For some people these are good enough reasons.
Jun 24, 2016 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
They want to lower the score I think? People and their hate lol.
Jun 24, 2016 7:30 AM

Jun 2015
Some people make fake accounts to drop the rating of the show the hate by giving it a 1.

Some people just hate it.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jun 24, 2016 7:31 AM
Oct 2014
RainyRai said:
Maybe someone did like the previous Gintama's but hated the newest one.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If I like the first two seasons of a series then they make a change in a third season which ruins it for me, I'll be tempted to give it a lower score than if I didn't have the previous two seasons shape my expectations.

Although I've never give a show a score of 1, I can easily understand someone doing so in this case.
Jun 24, 2016 7:31 AM

Oct 2015
Muqta-chan said:
Gintama is an example , 2% ratted 1 for the 3rd season of Gintama ... It doesn't make sense at all
Welcome to MAL. Gintama gets a lot of hate because it has 5 entries in top 10 anime.
Also: It's not the third season, it's the fourth.
OneJun 24, 2016 7:51 AM
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jun 24, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2014
Just remember that although their scores will come up in the stats, the mean score is weighted and won't include scores from people who watched less than one fifth of the anime. Everyone uses their own scale so if someone used a 6-10 scale before as they only watch popular anime but were convinced to use a 1-10 scale by their peers on MAL then the anime that they rated as a low 6 would become a 1 in their new scale, which Gintama could easily be part of.
Jun 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Oct 2013
Hrybami said:
Muqta-chan said:

A person doesn't need to like something if that person want to watch something. Especially when you find a show extremely bad, it becomes entertaining to watch it.

Also, because in their opinions, the show worth a 1. It's as simple as that.

Anyone that really watches over 300 episode of a series and think it deserve a 1/10 is someone that I would consider to be mentally retarded. Its either that or they didn't actually waste their time watching over 300 episode and just listed it as completed just to down vote it. I would like to believe that's the case.
Jun 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
well first of all
MAL scores are shit

second:
Someone scores purely on the enjoyment they had watching the anime
and (to stay with the mentionaed title) Gintama is mostly a comedy show. If someone doenst like that kind of humor then they will rate it low. If someone finds it annoyingly overdone the will give a 1 for sure.

third: the general opinion is different then the individual (like someone who hate gintama 1 and your opinion which is similar to the communities who live it)
an example:
in my opinion charlotte is way way better objectively than Angel Beats!
however the community says otherwise, and will never lay off with the "charlotte is a cheap angel beats copy that went wrong" bullcrap (in my opinion)

lastly:
someone just rates ana anime 10 or 1 to boost / lower its score thus making his show better / lowering a competitors score
cause they are trolls and nothing can b done a bout it (well maybe an elitist MAL, but that won't do good either)
Jun 24, 2016 7:37 AM
May 2016
Muqta-chan said:
Askorti said:

Maybe they jumped right to season 3 because it was seasonal at that time? A lot of people do that in this site...
Jun 24, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
One said:
Muqta-chan said:
Welcome to MAL. Gintama gets a lot of hate because it has 5 entries in top 10 anime.

Really? I barely see anyone hate gintama :c
Jun 24, 2016 7:42 AM

Sep 2013
And how do you know that it is a 5 in their opinion even though they rated it a 1?
Jun 24, 2016 7:43 AM

Oct 2015
Harmony said:
One said:

Really? I barely see anyone hate gintama :c
It's rather hidden. It's not very evident in the forum, but just look in the Gintama 2015's stats column. The 1's there flow like a river.
Hisoka said:
Illumi said:
Jun 24, 2016 7:47 AM

Sep 2009
They are just salty about Gintama's popularity.

Jun 24, 2016 7:51 AM

May 2009
Probably they let their emotions get the better of them or probably butthurt that it has a high rating or probably just the hate.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Jun 24, 2016 7:51 AM

Sep 2015
delija9091 said:
And how do you know that it is a 5 in their opinion even though they rated it a 1?

Well , Just Assumption that they actually watched it ( It doesn't have to be a 5 )

People who scored 4-7 probably watched the series
2-3 watched 1 episode of this skipping all seasons
1 didn't watch anything probably
Jun 24, 2016 8:05 AM

Sep 2009
One said:
velvetprayer said:
They are just salty about Gintama's popularity
Popularity, huh? One of the main reasons Gintama is rated high is because it has low popularity. By that I mean (votes counted/total members).

I was thinking about Gintama taking up 5 spots in the top 10 like you mentioned in an earlier post. Wouldn't be surprised if some people are disgruntled enough to spam 1's in an attempt to pull it down :/
Jun 24, 2016 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
is creating many accounts just to spam 1 point a real thing?
if so, then it's kinda hilarious......lol

i have been wondering....
Jun 24, 2016 8:10 AM

Sep 2015
One said:
Muqta-chan said:
People who scored 4-7 probably watched the series
2-3 watched 1 episode of this skipping all seasons
1 didn't watch anything probably , they just hate gintoki
Let me correct you again, Gintoki is not the reason of them hating Gintama. Gintama itself is the reason. There are 5 Gintamas in Top 10. Most of them don't even watch it to give a 1/10.

I'm a gintama fan and I also find it overrated too , after thinking well about it , It's really annoying to see Gintama take 5 spots on the top 10 specially for people who disliked it before watching it
Jun 24, 2016 8:11 AM

Oct 2015
velvetprayer said:
One said:
Popularity, huh? One of the main reasons Gintama is rated high is because it has low popularity. By that I mean (votes counted/total members).

I was thinking about Gintama taking up 5 spots in the top 10 like you mentioned in an earlier post. Wouldn't be surprised if some people are disgruntled enough to spam 1's in an attempt to pull it down :/
Oh, makes sense.

Okami_doge said:
is creating many accounts just to spam 1 point a real thing?
if so, then it's kinda hilarious......lol
i have been wondering....
Yes it is, sadly ._.

Muqta-chan said:
One said:
Let me correct you again, Gintoki is not the reason of them hating Gintama. Gintama itself is the reason. There are 5 Gintamas in Top 10. Most of them don't even watch it to give a 1/10.

I'm a gintama fan and I also find it overrated too , after thinking well about it , It's really annoying to see Gintama take 5 spots on the top 10 specially for people who disliked it before watching it
Well there you have your answer. Only a minor fraction of the people actually watch and hate it. The other majority of 1s are just pure trolls/haters.
OneJun 24, 2016 8:15 AM
Hisoka said:
Illumi said:
Jun 24, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2016
Ayy people are just salty goatama has 5 of the 10 spots i used to be like that but after i watched it i understood why it's like that.
Jun 24, 2016 8:19 AM

Nov 2009
Because nobody likes rats, OP.

Jun 24, 2016 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Askorti said:
Muqta-chan said:

How do you know they've actually watched it? Some people just hate series without even watching them. Do you think that all people who hate on SAO with such passion actually watched it? Nah, all aboard the hate bandwagon, choo choo!

I have to say - I think there are some of us out there who will watch a show to the end that they aren't enjoying.

For example - I gave SAO about five, six episodes to get good and it stayed level for me. Though as it went more along I started to hate it more and more and just wanted it to be over - though at the same time I was too far into the series to drop it. I don't like dropping shows - especially ones that I know are compleat.

If I pick up a show and don't enjoy the first few episodes, I just don't watch it and don't add it to my list.

As for a long winded series, like Hitman Reborn - I somewhat enjoyed the first arc but then as it went on it got worse and worse and worse. Though I was too far in to give up and drop it.

So yeah, I hate both those shows with a passion but I stuck them out to the end. At least I can say I have a fair opinion on the shows. It's not like I watched an episode and then rated it badly. I watched the whole thing and hated them.
Jun 24, 2016 8:38 AM

Aug 2015
That's because people have different opinions. If they hated Gintama that much, so what? It doesn't really affect your life, so why even bother thinking about it.
Jun 24, 2016 9:13 AM

May 2015
Why do people rate things lower than they think it deserves?

probably because they think the "rating should be lower", it happens, and not much anyone can do about it. or should. site-wide ratings doesn't really matter.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jun 24, 2016 9:19 AM

Jun 2015
Ahahaha, third season a 1?

So you actually think they watched the show. LMAO
Jun 24, 2016 9:20 AM

Sep 2015
There is too any reason for it, some from serious rating to just trolling.
1) Everyone preference/tastes is different, what you like doesn't mean the others will too.
2) There is no real universal rating, members can rate something 6/10, but everyone has their own definition of 6.
3) Haters gonna hate, to bring down the score to lower the number of members watching that anime. Half of them are just trolling thou.

Well you don't really need to care about it anyway, just do your things like always. Other members might open your profile and look at your animelists/score, they will know whether you are serious or not, can also find friends with similar taste.
Jun 24, 2016 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
Opinions are highly, highly subjective
Jun 24, 2016 6:16 PM

Apr 2012
I'm more inclined to think them that hate the series. And the trying to in some way reduce ratings.
I do not love shounen-ai and yaoi there, where it is not present.
Jun 24, 2016 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
This is like the, what, 30th+ thread on Gintama and its ranking and rankings in general due to 1's on shows? Thread Locked for being a duplicate of x2 locked threads in the Gintama Board and many more on this board.

Even if you try to make this a general thread, there's also many threads on "Why do people rate X on X show"

RainyRai said:
Some people do it to change the scores and give their favortie anime a higher placing.

Some people do it because they didn't like it. Maybe someone did like the previous Gintama's but hated the newest one.

Outside of people being dumb and doing it to change the score, if someone gives something a 1 it's because they feel it deserves a 1. That's it. It was that shit or they don't put enough weight on their 1's.

I'll just quote this guy so I don't gotta repeat myself.

Thread Locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

11 by Guilmon1 »»
2 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

102 by TheMechaManiac »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - 10 hours ago

12 by DigiCat »»
45 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

130 by jhzs0029 »»
60 minutes ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day? ( 1 2 )

RedTea33 - May 30

77 by _--UwU--_ »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.