Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Im surprised this didnt have a topic. A solid 80's gem. The presentation was pretty nice for its year. The artstyle was good and the animation was fine. Especially in battles. Many camera movements, first person views and cuting scenes in and out with different colors that enhance everything and make it more enjoyable. Some gore and drama. Cool soundtrack.
The story flows pretty nice - the pacing is good. Its a pretty common plot between two sides, some telepaths and telekinetics, a girl used as a tool, overpowered dude and the well known computer villian. But it was executed fairly well. Nothing really out of pace happened and that was a good thing. The romance subplot was sweet. The characters are simple and likeable.

Overall its was an interesting sci-fi anime with solid story and characters that contributed into an enjoyable watch. You should definitely check it out if you are looking for some 80's sci-fi gems.
galimxJun 20, 2016 4:47 PM
Mar 22, 2017 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
Fairly good self-contained story movie with everything it needs: drama, love, action, blood, treason, pretty women, a handsome guy and a mysterious powerful one.
The visual direction was indeed competent and it was technically not disappointing. That's probably why I find the few pictures to feature "action lines" to figure movement pretty odd.

The "point-of-view" character, Ryû, wasn't made irrelevant once its primary role ended despite Locke's allmighty nature.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 7/10 A french DVD release would have been great.

Despite its completed story, the immortality (?) of Locke makes me curious of the manga: since the comic exists since the 60s (as dôjinshi first) and was kept alive through many publishers, this universe might have an incredible chronology. Also, like the theme song said, will the hero ever be able to find someone? (the classic "Highlander dilemma" ^^)
Dec 20, 2017 2:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Thanks @ Rei366 for your recommendation!!

Yes, this is true, the film has that everyone wants to watch, but the problem is that plot, it is very weak and the development is linear and predictable!
The Sper theme was very cool, and the principal, Locke has amazing power, but there are times that he seems to forget to use this great powers!
The Ryu love story with Jessica/Amelia was very nice, although the Locke was very sad, I understand that he is "runner" in this universe, but it isn't necessary to be alone :/
Jul 30, 2021 3:48 AM

Nov 2015
i was bored all the time, plus the story went in too fast for me... 6/10.

💢

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.