Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2016 3:01 PM

Nov 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
900 years o_O
and 300 years' wages to buy that mallet ...
I don't even...
bakayaro!
Apr 25, 2017 6:54 AM

Sep 2016
So many hilarious moments in this ep! There're even some Pokemon vibes at the end.

The prince's only shortcoming was his insensitive dad I'm afraid.
Why didn't they just finish off those 3 old men? That'd have solved all the problems.

On a side note, I felt for the secretary. She's always been loyal & supportive to her prince while her feelings can never be reciprocated.
Aug 8, 2017 4:47 AM

Nov 2013
(commenting on episode 6 of japanese version)

wow so that was what happened on the past...god the king is stupid LOL
at least i'm happy the prince didn't do the bad thing himself =D
also susu is adorable as always =D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 10, 2017 11:33 PM

Nov 2016
(Commenting on episode 6 of the Japanese version)

I feel like a bit of a jerk. I was judging this show really harshly for its awkward pacing and lack of explanation for what was going on, but I finally sit down to research this anime and learn the Chinese version comprised of 10-14 minute ONA and the Japanese version fused two of those ONAs together per episode. I've since been watched the Chinese version, which while no masterpiece, has pretty decent pacing and their explanations are much better.

I also noticed a ton of changes in the Japanese version compared to the Chinese version in terms of localization. Our Taoist became a monk, our spirits became yokai, our magical weapons became precious objects, our spirit threads became spirit tentacles, etc. Some of that might be due to the translation teams doing the subtitles, but I doubt that can account for every change.

I grew up with Japanese anime that were butchered and localized by American television companies. Now that I'm an adult, I'm watching a Chinese anime that is being butchered and localized by Japanese television companies... it's so surreal.
Aug 10, 2018 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
I feel like this show is trying to do what Avatar has done, and be a balance of all tones, to appeal to all ages...but it just feels too kiddy and dumb for me to take it even a little seriously. Like, I just feel most of the episodes is spend on dumb gags.
Mar 16, 2019 11:32 PM
Dec 2018
His grandfather ruined everything, lol.
Jan 18, 1:42 PM
Jun 2022
Something Felt Off Man , Next One.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Huyao Xiao Hongniang Episode 5 Discussion

Mana - May 31, 2016

3 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 17, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Huyao Xiao Hongniang Episode 4 Discussion

Mana - May 31, 2016

4 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 14, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Huyao Xiao Hongniang Episode 2 Discussion

Mana - Apr 18, 2016

6 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 14, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Huyao Xiao Hongniang Episode 1 Discussion

Mana - Apr 17, 2016

27 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 14, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Huyao Xiao Hongniang Episode 3 Discussion

Mana - May 5, 2016

6 by Gyarutsundere »»
May 10, 2022 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.