Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2016 2:52 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol that ending! Pretty interesting episode actually, let's see what's next.
Oct 15, 2019 1:02 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kaiba is such a psycho... hiring a man from england just to stole Yugi's cards.
Good episode, Yami Yugi is awesome.
Feb 3, 2020 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
They gave Kaiba minions in this one and an entire subplot to make him seem as a bigger threat. The first of those is an English Baron with a thing for dolls, and he faced Yugi in Duel Monsters. Bizarre.

Also obligatory green hair Kaiba facing the window scene. So this is where it came from.

The more I watch I think the interactions between the main cast are probably the highlight of this one.
Apr 23, 2021 8:20 PM

Apr 2020
I really dislike these og duels. It's not Master Dueling (introduced in Battle City arc) and doesn't have certain rules which is why I feel like there's no thrill and close calls occur because they just pull out random stuff while dueling

Sorry but I might skip these parts (not entire eps) in the following eps. I just don't like it
Jul 12, 2023 4:11 PM
Sep 2014
What a bizarre episode.
Starts with Miho losing and Honda demanding Yugi to apologize. Then Yugi is called to the infirmary to play against the Nurse, who wins and steal his best card. But wait, the Nurse is a puppet controlled by a British man. After that, Yugi is kidnapped in the arcade by Kaiba for a rematch.
I won't comment on the card game itself... If you think Duel monsters anime had made up convenient rules, this is on another level.
Jan 30, 12:38 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another play, this time against Sheldon, and ...
another victory!!!
kekeke
Mar 17, 2:56 PM

Jul 2016
Probably my favorite episode so far. Thinking back, the sequence in the infirmary where 1. the nurse starts speaking in a male voice, 2. Kaiba shows up from behind a room divider, 3. the nurse is revealed to be a marionette, is insane. It also turns out that to excel at yugioh you better study Greek mythology.

gb214 said:
I won't comment on the card game itself... If you think Duel monsters anime had made up convenient rules, this is on another level.
They started playing two monsters a turn out of nowhere, no explanation given! And it's not even clear how the turns themselves work

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 16 Discussion

pokecenter - Oct 12, 2013

5 by Queeneugi »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 15 Discussion

10 by Queeneugi »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 13 Discussion

10 by Queeneugi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 12 Discussion

8 by Queeneugi »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Queeneugi »»
Today, 3:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.