Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2016 4:30 AM

Feb 2016
I recently finished the anime danganronpa and noticed there was a series called danganronpa 3, but... Where is 2? The only evidence of a second is a manga and I really don't do manga. I don't have any Playstation devices so if a game was to explain the midpoint that's out of the question as well.

I know the third has yet to be released so what I'm asking here is; Do I wait to watch Danganronpa3 (and skip whatever Danganronpa 2 might be) or can someone point me the direction to get filled in on the events of the 2nd, like maybe youtube, or some websites I don't know. If watching a play through on youtube seems like the best option (idk if its even that kind of game) maybe point me in a direction for that... Thanks in advance!

On a side note, Danganronpa would've made a good romance (imo) though I was gettig edgy around episode 11.
“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.”
Feb 11, 2016 4:36 AM

Mar 2014
They decided to skip the adaptation of SDR2 and jump straight to an anime original sequel instead

You should play the game but since you don't own a Vita I suggest you watch this playthrough of the second game on Youtube (if you don't like over americanized scripts and when the localizators try to make it look like it takes place in a different country then I recommend the fan translated version)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 11, 2016 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
Danganronpa 3 anime is a sequel to Danganronpa 1 (anime, game) and Danganronpa 2 (game only, probably will never receive an adaptation). A lot of stuff happened in DR2 and a lot is explained.
To better enjoy this sequel you could watch this https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn3Wm-3X3v7Cr-KSO0D4-svJ9gvWftlyX

Hope this helps.

I forgot, there is another game released after DR2. It's called Danganronpa Another Episode Ultra Despair Girls, and the story happens between DR1 and DR2.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_3baL3ZhpP0wLYbAioHUaJzz-dRdqExA
CatalanoFeb 11, 2016 4:40 AM
Feb 11, 2016 4:44 AM

Feb 2013
you can read sdr2 the game on something awful, and various tumblrs

you can start from here -> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3522115
Feb 17, 2016 8:45 AM
Nov 2015
xMazzy said:
I recently finished the anime danganronpa and noticed there was a series called danganronpa 3, but... Where is 2? The only evidence of a second is a manga and I really don't do manga. I don't have any Playstation devices so if a game was to explain the midpoint that's out of the question as well.

I know the third has yet to be released so what I'm asking here is; Do I wait to watch Danganronpa3 (and skip whatever Danganronpa 2 might be) or can someone point me the direction to get filled in on the events of the 2nd, like maybe youtube, or some websites I don't know. If watching a play through on youtube seems like the best option (idk if its even that kind of game) maybe point me in a direction for that... Thanks in advance!

On a side note, Danganronpa would've made a good romance (imo) though I was gettig edgy around episode 11.

yea, danganronpa is based off a videogame and not a manga. The difference between the videogame and anime is that the videogame obviously isn't really animated but it has a lot more material and more character development which is the golden point in danganronpa along with plot. So basically to enjoy the true vaule of danganronpa you must play/watch the game.
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
May 12, 2016 9:11 PM
Oct 2014
Didnt notice it, this first and the second game are now in steam
May 17, 2016 7:12 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:
They decided to skip the adaptation of SDR2 and jump straight to an anime original sequel instead

You should play the game but since you don't own a Vita I suggest you watch this playthrough of the second game on Youtube (if you don't like over americanized scripts and when the localizators try to make it look like it takes place in a different country then I recommend the fan translated version)

Again, that didn't happen.

There's still way more evidence that the games still take place in Japan, just like it is in the Japanese version of the games.

May 17, 2016 7:14 AM

Apr 2014
Here's a good LP of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yapv17b1lY

May 17, 2016 7:16 AM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:

There's still way more evidence that the games still take place in Japan, just like it is in the Japanese version of the games.
We've already discussed this shit before and I and another user have already debunked your claims in this thread, so if you wanna keep this discussion going then I suggest you go back to that thread instead

>Sirlionhart

No
Comic_SansMay 17, 2016 9:49 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 18, 2016 8:03 PM
Feb 2010
Dragonage2ftw said:
Comic_Sans said:

Don't worry about it, most people don't seem to know the difference between a localization and a translation.

As someone said already, you can go play Danganronpa 1 and 2 on Steam.
The requirement to make it run perfectly is really low, so you should check for it!
May 24, 2016 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
Comic_Sans said:

We've already discussed this shit before and I and another user have already debunked your claims in this thread, so if you wanna keep this discussion going then I suggest you go back to that thread instead

>Sirlionhart

No

You didn't debunk crap.

May 24, 2016 10:58 AM

Mar 2014
You didn't debunk crap.
He said, without pointing out what I apparently didn't debunk, bringing any arguments to the table or providing any proof that supports his claim
Comic_SansMay 31, 2016 2:57 AM
Nico- said:
Sep 8, 2016 7:01 AM
Mar 2015
I have read all of your comments but i have a question. Would it be a huge mistake to just skip second series (so the LP on youtube)? That ill just start watching the 3rd series? Would it be a huge problem? Would i miss a lot from story and it wont connect?
Sep 8, 2016 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
Gonrax said:
I have read all of your comments but i have a question. Would it be a huge mistake to just skip second series (so the LP on youtube)? That ill just start watching the 3rd series? Would it be a huge problem? Would i miss a lot from story and it wont connect?

Yes it is a huge problem if you skip the second game. Basically both DR3 anime spoils the fuck out of the plot at least imo. Mirai-hen at least spoils the entirety of the 2nd game in 30 seconds to a minute max on the first episode alone, also the fact that DR3 references stuff from the 2nd game and Ultra Despair Girls as well (to some extent). Zetsubou-hen at least from what I know can do the same tbh.
Sep 8, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2014
If you want to watch both Danganronpa 3 you'll need to play DR1 & SDR2. Mirai-hen is the sequel to DR1 and Zetsubou-hen the sequel for SDR2 but both animes are related because of some new characters.
Then if you want to get all the references you should also play Despair Girls and read Danganronpa Zero.
Even if you don't have a Vita you can play both DR & SDR2 on steam but you'll have to watch a playthrough for Despair Girls.
Well it's kind of messy.

"The entrance fee is the blood of a virgin ! I shall offer up your blood as tribute !"
- Tanaka Gundham

*Kazuichi's crying in the distance*
Sep 8, 2016 1:50 PM

May 2012
You don't even need playstation device to play this shit
http://store.steampowered.com/app/413420/
Sep 10, 2016 4:15 AM
Mar 2015
So you are saying even if I play all the games on steam i still need to watch LP on youtube from Despair Girls? Isn't it enough to play just the games on steam? I have seen the first series of anime and i want to continue. I would really happy guys if you would be able to give me steps how to watch it.

Enjoy watching anime guys! Thank you all!
Sep 11, 2016 3:44 AM

Oct 2014
Gonrax said:
So you are saying even if I play all the games on steam i still need to watch LP on youtube from Despair Girls? Isn't it enough to play just the games on steam? I have seen the first series of anime and i want to continue. I would really happy guys if you would be able to give me steps how to watch it.

Even if you watched the first anime I advise you to play the first game.
Despai Girls is not really a must but it's much better knowing what happens in it if you want to watch the new animes.

For the order it's simple :

- 1st game

- 2nd game

- Despair Girls

- Animes : Mirai-hen & Zetsubou-hen

You can also read DR Zero which takes place before all this and you learn a little about Junko.

"The entrance fee is the blood of a virgin ! I shall offer up your blood as tribute !"
- Tanaka Gundham

Sep 11, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2013
Gonrax said:

Not really, UDG is not important to the story and will probably never be after EP7.
Sep 11, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2014
Gonrax said:

It is important, but it's not necessary. I suggest you just read up on UDG (There's a character that appears in 3 that's in UDG, also an entire episode dedicated to UDG to close its story off) and DR/Zero (More about Junko) if you don't want to play/read them. Just knowing what happens is good enough.
Sep 15, 2016 8:34 AM

Jan 2013
TheBlackTeaLady said:
Gonrax said:

Even if you watched the first anime I advise you to play the first game.

I would advise against playing the first game since if you already watched an anime then playing a game would be just a waste of time since everything from a game is adapted in anime so there is noting new to see and anime is a lot better done too.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Sep 15, 2016 9:00 AM

Oct 2014

I would advise against playing the first game since if you already watched an anime then playing a game would be just a waste of time since everything from a game is adapted in anime so there is noting new to see and anime is a lot better done too.

Well that's right but in this case the adaptation is bad and disappointing whereas the game is a much better experience. It's just an advise not an obligation, he plays it if he wants to.

- Tanaka Gundham

Oct 7, 2016 2:23 AM
Oct 2016
is Danganronpa 2 basically danganronpa (1) all over again with different characters?
Oct 7, 2016 11:48 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kamisama_Desu said:
is Danganronpa 2 basically danganronpa (1) all over again with different characters?
Sort of, but the setting is an island instead, and there's a whole lot of plot twists that makes it quite different from the first game.
Oct 9, 2016 11:51 PM
Oct 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Kamisama_Desu said:
Sort of, but the setting is an island instead, and there's a whole lot of plot twists that makes it quite different from the first game.

Do they still have to kill each other?
Oct 11, 2016 9:28 AM

Feb 2013
Kamisama_Desu said:

They're very different.

Kamisama_Desu said:
Do they still have to kill each other?

Yes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

280 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2016

498 by Nanashi »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.