Forum Settings
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2015 5:13 AM

Apr 2013
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------

The moment in that arc I saw 7753's superior giving her precise directive to how handle others I got the hype in that arc. It was so obvious that 7753's new superior was Pfle, I was probably enjoying the way she was manipulating others even more than the battles between all those legendary overpowered mahou shoujo.
Although, I didn't realize that she was behind everything. Didn't think Toko's contact was her, and that the communication black out was also the goggles' doing. And also that she gave on both side exagerated informations to up the scale of everything. She really is the only real winner (with Pythie) in that arc. I love how she handled everything and ensured that she was the only one able to interfere with the situation thanks to the black out.

Outside of the fact that Pfle proves herself again to be the best character in that series and a merciless manipulator, the level of fight this time around was crazy high. Puckin, Sonya Bean and of course Maou Pam were completely OP. Rain Pow was about as strong as Ripple and obviously Pythie is logically stronger than Ripple as well, so the average level is ridiculous. That fight with Pam against the other was impressive. I was wondering how Pam could deal with Sonya's ability, result didn't disappoint, as expected of this generation's strongest.

As a whole, that was a very entertaining arc, with very strong and charismatic opponents (especially Puckin), and seeing Pfle moving behind the scene is really promising for the future of this series. Also, what happens to Ripple in the end. I'm pretty sure Snow White isn't going to stay silent about this.
ZefyrisDec 11, 2015 12:44 PM
Dec 15, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2009
Liked the whole arrangement of three different groups interacting and mixing with each other, that was good. Probably the most entertaining arc until now in terms of battles, and especially abilities - Funny Trick, Mao Pam, Wedin... actually I'll just end up listing almost everyone :p
This time the killing took a while to start so waiting for the imminent bloodbath was pretty nerve-racking. although it ended up with a surprisingly ""large"" amount of survivors, who would've thought.
Looking at the character list I thought Sonia would be trouble, and not like that's wrong, but damn, Pukin was a real monster here.
Also that ending... Pfle and Frederica with their schemes... though using Pukin's sword like that feels unfair :p
Dec 16, 2016 1:58 AM

Aug 2011
Winter_Firefly said:
Liked the whole arrangement of three different groups interacting and mixing with each other, that was good. Probably the most entertaining arc until now in terms of battles, and especially abilities - Funny Trick, Mao Pam, Wedin... actually I'll just end up listing almost everyone :p
This time the killing took a while to start so waiting for the imminent bloodbath was pretty nerve-racking. although it ended up with a surprisingly ""large"" amount of survivors, who would've thought.
Looking at the character list I thought Sonia would be trouble, and not like that's wrong, but damn, Pukin was a real monster here.
Also that ending... Pfle and Frederica with their schemes... though using Pukin's sword like that feels unfair :p

First half kinda more to comedy and second half more to suffering. Too much death, this volume make me can't sleep at night. Present for you,
CrazyFrogzDec 16, 2016 2:32 AM
Jan 1, 2017 4:06 PM

Jan 2010
Endou really cranks up the intensity in this arc. Where Unmarked was primarily a battle royale and Restart a whodunit, Limited weaves these elements together with the political infighting that's being revealed behind the scenes to create a remarkably complex plot that keeps you guessing. Having not one but two manipulative masterminds on the field and so many different agendas at play it seems that Endou is mastering his style. I am impressed.

That said, at the end when Pfle and Shadow Gale are talking I wasn't entirely clear on what was being said:

7753 the "new girl" here, right? And the "previous employee" is Toko? It sounds like Toko and Rain Pou had been working for Pfle, but that Toko had seen or heard something she shouldn't have. Pfle then fabricates a story that the two of them had attacked a Land of Magic official, or actually had them do it and then betrayed them (they never really explained this), and then by playing the various divisions and parties against each other she manages to both silence Toko and Rain Pou as well as cause chaos within the Land of Magic, making it easier for her to pursue her objectives.

But did Toko and Rain Pou know that Pfle had planned to do away with them? They cleverly deceived Mao Pam to keep their cover, but was it self-preservation that drove them to kill her or was that part of Pfle's original plan?

I assume Tot Pop's "sponsor" was Pfle and she had orchestrated the jail break as well. She knew Pythie would be a useful participant and an unlikely ally, as she too is intelligent, rational, and operates in a moral gray area. Most importantly she is primarily concerned with her own self-preservation and would be easy to strike a deal with in exchange for her freedom.

After all the pieces were in place, she craftily manipulates the battlefield in a way that eliminates all of the primary targets, with the students being unfortunate collateral damage. Surely she must have assumed that would happen, but it was a calculated risk. Or did she instruct them to do so? Just how ruthless is she?

Then there's this "project" that has yet to be revealed, but I imagine is Pfle's goal to "reform" the administration. What is her end game? Does she share Snow White's desire to prevent further unnecessary death by dismantling the corrupt and ineffective bureaucracy of the Land of Magic? Or does she have something more complex or self-serving in mind? We know she's no saint, but she strikes me as more of an "ends justify the means" type character than a psychopath.

After coming to this point, I have the hunch this was intentionally left vague because Pfle doesn't want to reveal her full agenda to Shadow Gale, who acts as her bodyguard but also her moral compass. One she often keeps in the dark, and subsequently, so are we.

This is great stuff. I pray that the anime or LN sales do well enough that they adapt more arcs. I would love to experience this all again kinetically.

And now, on to Jokers...
Dec 27, 2019 4:25 PM

May 2015
YEY All my favourite characters died.............again.

Favourite characters in Restart: Pechka)Dead, Daisy)Dead.

Favourite characters in Limited: Kuru Kuru hime)Dead, Postarie)Dead

I kind of predicted my favourite characters would die in Limited but Postarie was horrible to see. At least Pechka died heroically.

Well I can at least be happy knowing my other favourite characters, Ripple and Snow White will most likely never die.
DarknessRealityJan 1, 2020 6:02 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 21, 9:57 PM
May 2018
This saga was truly nerve-wracking NGL, I pass through it all like a cold drink in summer, Endou I'll have to give it to you, he knows how to make some brutal, wisted and exhilarating stories, without leaving behind the characters, I was really glad that Ripple was alive, to then start to get worried for the truly messed up situation she's in, no more Puckin's rapier, equals no way out? And what about Pfle being practically behind everything? Is her final goal what Frederika is striving for? I think she'll get her killed even if that's the case.
I'm just sad all the girls from the middle school suffered in the schemes of these people, Rain Pow and Postarie had the most tragic end, I know I shouldn't get attached to characters in these types of series, but I felt sick at that.
All these infighting between all the factions on the magical land for power and funds and whatnot, reminds of the ijn and IJA rivalry, with magic, not many differences besides that, there were lots of assassinations too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 10 Discussion (QUEENS)

Lairucrem - Aug 15, 2017

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 8 Discussion (Aces)

Zefyris - Oct 6, 2016

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 24, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 7 Discussion (Jokers)

Zefyris - Oct 4, 2016

3 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 23, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 4 Discussion ( Episodes )

Zefyris - Oct 8, 2015

1 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 20, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Volume 3 Discussion ( Restart 後 )

Zefyris - Sep 20, 2015

7 by Fabrizio00 »»
Mar 20, 6:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.