Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 3, 2020 5:30 PM
Dec 2018
Forcing kids to eat green bell peppers is child abuse. That is all.

PS. raw tomatoes can go as well.
Jan 3, 2020 5:32 PM
Dec 2018
snakeman said:
You don't catch a cold by not sleeping in a bed and leaving an AC on you stupid brother. Even though it is called a cold YOU DON'T CATCH IT BY BEING COLD.

/end rant

That seems to be a common misconception in Japan. What would any of them do with a home that had central air?
Apr 4, 2020 12:57 PM
Feb 2020
but man i wish umaru's brother gets a day off from all of her shenanigans, maybe meet someone he likes, idk, i just want some good to happen to that poor guy
Jul 18, 2020 9:11 AM

Jun 2020
I love this episode, watching Taihei, Kanau and Takeshi go to high school together was totally enjoyable, and especially when we are shown that Taihei taught his tricks to Umaru, it was exciting.
I like it when Umaru showed his feelings to his brother, it was a nice moment.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Apr 5, 2021 6:18 AM

Feb 2020
Maybe I'm crazy but I caught a death note reference and a jojo reference.

Either way, good episode!!
Dec 8, 2021 2:19 AM

Jul 2021
snakeman said:
You don't catch a cold by not sleeping in a bed and leaving an AC on you stupid brother. Even though it is called a cold YOU DON'T CATCH IT BY BEING COLD.

/end rant

It doesn't cause it directly, but being cold lowers your immune response and makes you more likely to become infected by the germs and viruses that are always around us.
Dec 8, 2021 2:20 AM

Jul 2021
snakeman said:

/end rant

Being cold lowers your immune response and makes you more likely to become infected by the germs and viruses that are always around us.
Dec 8, 2021 2:09 PM
Sep 2014
Katweazle said:
snakeman said:

/end rant

Being cold lowers your immune response and makes you more likely to become infected by the germs and viruses that are always around us.

How cold do you have your aircon that it would statistically significantly reduce your immune system? Whenever they say cold affects immune response I usually think close to freezing not the comfortable 20-22C an aircon is on.

Honestly I have my aircon running most summer nights here in Australia at 22C. The improvement in sleep it produces would have a greater positive impact on health than any non-existent detriment being at 22C does.
Dec 8, 2021 11:37 PM

Jul 2021
snakeman said:
Katweazle said:

How cold do you have your aircon that it would statistically significantly reduce your immune system? Whenever they say cold affects immune response I usually think close to freezing not the comfortable 20-22C an aircon is on.

Honestly I have my aircon running most summer nights here in Australia at 22C. The improvement in sleep it produces would have a greater positive impact on health than any non-existent detriment being at 22C does.

True, an AC probably wouldn't be cold enough to make you sick unless maybe you slept right under it. I think you'd have to be out in the freezing cold shivering and wet to catch a cold, but I just put that down to it being a comedy anime that's not supposed to be taken too seriously. :)
Dec 9, 2021 4:13 AM
Sep 2014
Man my comment was over 6 years ago
Apr 10, 2023 6:05 PM

Jun 2017
That burger steak with bell peppers inspired me to make some, but instead of bell peppers, maybe I'll mix my burger with different vegetables. Hmm...how about green peas?

The crane machine makes me sad. I never caught a single one my whole life! 😭😭

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 25, 2023 2:56 AM

Jan 2020
This is actually my first episode of this anime series so far, and I'm liking it a lot actually. I like that each segment had something you can learn from especially since Umaru-chan herself does seem immature when you first get an impression of her.

That part with the internet as well as the manga cafe really did HIT ME AND STUCK WITH ME considering I'm an introvert. But I'm not gonna lie, there are times when I would be in an arcade playing for a while and even having fun as well as really joyful as I would be looking at the amount of credits I can use during that visit, and yet only about an hour would pass and I would just STOP, and I would not be bored necessarily, I would just have that feeling of "maybe I need to go home now and be with my family, people who aren't strangers and actually care about me". 

I still play in the arcades but even as an introvert, it can get pretty boring and lonely at times just "being happy for yourself". Especially as someone who plays those dancing games where you press buttons with your feet? 

I'm a total show-off and tbh, I'd play those games just to show people how good I was, but then sometimes I WOULDN'T FEEL LIKE I WAS HAVING FUN EVEN THOUGH I SHOULD BE because I was just there to impress and not really entertain myself. So I started getting sad and even losing the mood to play while a song was still playing, because of that lingering feeling of NOT HAVING FUN.

Us human really need stimulus from other things and are not really built to just make ourselves happy, loneliness can be pretty boring and sad sometimes. Not all the time, obviously, but sometimes yes. This is why people play games with each other.

I know this is like too much to garner or reflect on considering I haven't watched the rest of the series yet, but I like this anime just from those moments alone considering I'm already understanding what type of personality Umaru-chan has whenever she's at home and when she's outside with her friends and simply in public. I  might actually want to watch the rest of this anime now. When I have the time, of course, since just like Taihei I have work I have to go to daily. XD
KiroTheAssassinAug 25, 2023 3:19 AM
Dec 4, 2023 8:54 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, this reminded me of why I should start to get back to sleeping to get adeuqate hours of sleep.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

215 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 17, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2015

103 by FranqitoH »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:28 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

220 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:55 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

95 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

110 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.